Windows 10: Photos app. How to view entire image when viewing tiles in a collection

Discus and support Photos app. How to view entire image when viewing tiles in a collection in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Just wondering if it's possible to turn off the auto zoom/cropping that happens to images in a Photos App collection when viewing it??? As in not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jamessheather, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Photos app. How to view entire image when viewing tiles in a collection

Hi,

Just wondering if it's possible to turn off the auto zoom/cropping that happens to images in a Photos App collection when viewing it???

As in not when opening an individual image but when there are multiple images in a folder or collection.

cheers.

:)

jamessheather, Jan 1, 2020

2. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Jan 1, 2020
  3. Controlling which photos appear on the photo tile

Hi,

To resolve the issue, we would suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key”, right click on Photo app
    • Click “Turn Live tile off
    • Now open the “Photo app”, click on “settings” in the left pane
    • Add photos folder in the sources that you want to view on the tile
    • In the “photo tile” option, click on “recent photos
    • Close the current window, again press “Windows key”
    • You should be able to see the selected images now

Hope this helps. Do get back to us should you need further assistance.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Photos app. How to view entire image when viewing tiles in a collection

Windows 10 photos App does not show thumbnails when you view your collection

Hello,

My windows 10 photos app does not show thumbnails when I am viewing my entire collection. The "always show icons,never thumbnails checkbox" is unchecked. I can't even view photos earlier using the app; found a fix by disabling automatic photo enhancing from
    the settings. Now my only problem is there are no thumbnails. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

AngeloCorleone, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Photos app. How to view entire image when viewing tiles in a collection

1. Photos app. How to view entire image when viewing tiles in a collection - Similar Threads - Photos app view

2. Photo App is cropping by itself when viewing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo App is cropping by itself when viewing: I'm having trouble with my Microsoft photos.Windows specs - Windows 10 Pro - 21H1 - 19043.1110 - Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0 21H1 is recentDevice specs - Desktop-KJF9MCS - IntelR CoreTM i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz - 8.00 GB RAMWhen I open Pictures,...
  3. PDF Tile Views

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF Tile Views: HI I have nearly a thousand Embroidery Files that I am now moving to my PC in pdf format. Each of these patterns has a picture of the item on the front page. Is it possible to see the actual picture instead of the pds icon in tile view in windows explorer in windows...
  4. Windows Photos app hangs trying to view images

Windows Photos app hangs trying to view images: Sometimes it takes a while to open an image. Sometimes opens but doesn't have any image. Just shows blank black background. Sometimes it opens the image. Usually working with .jpg and .png files. It started happening fairly recently. It worked fine before. I need to close and...
  5. Windows Photos app hangs trying to view images

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Photos app hangs trying to view images: Sometimes it takes a while to open an image. Sometimes opens but doesn't have any image. Just shows blank black background. Sometimes it opens the image. Usually working with .jpg and .png files. It started happening fairly recently. It worked fine before. I need to close and...
  6. How to View a PFM Image with Windows 10 Photos Default App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to View a PFM Image with Windows 10 Photos Default App: I have a PFM file 32-bit floating point image and I want to view it using Windows 10 Photos App. Although this application exists in my system, I am unable to find it at ' Open With' options. It tried the typical Windows Photo Viewer however it does not support PFM format....
  7. Is it possible to resize a Tile in Tile View?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to resize a Tile in Tile View?: Hi. I have a window that has several icons in Tile View but I would like to shrink the tile size a bit. The actual Tile itself, not change to small or medium icons, as it would inhibit seeing the folder contents. Is this possible within W10 itself? TIA *chuckle 125462
  8. Photo viewing app

Photo viewing app: There is a new windows Photos app that should be part of the standard set of apps with the install. Paint3D can be used to edit images but the photos app should still be there 115150
  9. Cannot view photos in photo app

Cannot view photos in photo app: I opened my picture library and double clicked to view photo, photo App opens and shuts immediately and then displays an error message. This happens with all photos/pictures I have tried to open! [img] How can I view my photos/pictures in Windows 10? *Sick Just to...
  10. Switching From The Tiles View To The "Normal" Windows View: How

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching From The Tiles View To The "Normal" Windows View: How: Hello, Not too sharp with this "stuff" anymore at my age now, so please bear with me a bit. Desktop pc. It always seems to open up with that Tiles View, which I really dislike. I want the basic, Windows view, without the Tiles, which I "think" is called a Start Menu...