Windows 10: Photos App is not installing Error.

Discus and support Photos App is not installing Error. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; One day i opened my photos app and it said this application can not open so I used a PowerShell command to delete it to reinstall in the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RAHATAJAZ, Apr 25, 2020.

1. RAHATAJAZ Win User

Photos App is not installing Error.

One day i opened my photos app and it said this application can not open so I used a PowerShell command to delete it to reinstall in the Microsoft Store. I found it and clicked download and midway of the download it says Error with the error code:0x80073CF9 I tried restarting my device and it still did not help.

:)

RAHATAJAZ, Apr 25, 2020

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Apr 25, 2020
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Photos App is not installing Error.

Is the Photos App completely broken? It opens but crashes after 5 seconds.

There were so many errors in the system I just wiped everything and did a clean install. However, the Photos app still crashes immediately after opening it. I tried all the steps listed above and the problem persists. Creating a new user and doing a clean
    boot have no effect. The SFC scan reports no errors now, which is good, but the Photos app will not work despite trying everything that has been suggested. Also, the Troubleshooter for Windows Apps found no problems. Which is amusing, since there clearly is
    one.

To recap, despite trying all methods listed above, including a clean install to clear everything and make sure I have all current updates...Photos does not work.

I'd really like to hear a suggestion as to what to do next.

BrianBeagle, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Photos App is not installing Error.

1. Photos App is not installing Error. - Similar Threads - Photos App installing

2. MS Photo app error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Photo app error: My Windows 11 MS Photo app will not download photos from camera to computer. Shows only icon of mountains. Photo files are JPG and are on SD card. Sometimes get an error message that says cannot open and have tried the following per MS recommendations... reboot, reset and...
  3. Cannot install photos app.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot install photos app.: Cannot install photos update and now I cannot open it on my PC. This happened after the last cumulative update for Windows 10 Pro. I get the attached error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-photos-app/a4bd5615-cef0-40fe-b9aa-bd971f747b14
  4. Cannot install photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install photos app.: Cannot install photos update and now I cannot open it on my PC. This happened after the last cumulative update for Windows 10 Pro. I get the attached error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-photos-app/a4bd5615-cef0-40fe-b9aa-bd971f747b14
  5. Cannot install photos app.

6. Photos App error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App error: I tried to open a .png photo through Microsoft Photos, then it took forever to open that. Sometimes it said "The media is write protected" but I just want to open, not change it. It's not appear in Apps and Feature, either. The preview also not available. I'm using Windows 10...
  7. Photos App error

Photos App error: I tried to open a .png photo through Microsoft Photos, then it took forever to open that. Sometimes it said "The media is write protected" but I just want to open, not change it. It's not appear in Apps and Feature, either. The preview also not available. I'm using Windows 10...
  8. Error message in Photos App

Error message in Photos App: Sorry, Photos can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported, or the file is corrupted.When scrolling through my pictures this message briefly flashes between most but not all of the pics. It started with a few, now it is most of them. I cannot find what is...
  9. Trimming With Photos App Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trimming With Photos App Error: [ATTACH] Whenever i go to trim a clip with photos, i get an error saying this... https://preview.redd.it/c61i2w41oup61.png?width=620&format=png&auto=webp&s=f91ddee957288cc0d69cc0e47dc52d3903af129f submitted by /u/Joeygalvin [link] [comments]...
  10. Photo App Error (-2147219196)

Photo App Error (-2147219196): Photo app will not load for quite a while now since a windows update, is microsoft making any effort to correct it or do we just write it off. All i see on the web/community forum is the same old answers which never work surely they know they dont work....