Windows 10: Photos App is Very Slow

Discus and support Photos App is Very Slow in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't know why, but sometimes the Photos app takes a few minutes to load. Why is it so slow? MsPaint never takes more than a couple seconds to load.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TaylorWoolston, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Photos App is Very Slow

I don't know why, but sometimes the Photos app takes a few minutes to load. Why is it so slow? MsPaint never takes more than a couple seconds to load.

:)

TaylorWoolston, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Photo app in Windows 10 is extremely slow

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the methods below and check if it helps to fix the issue:

Method 1: Run Maintenance task.

The Run maintenance task checks for issues that might slow down your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting and click on
      Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Click on Run maintenance task under System and Security.
    Method 2: Turn off Automatically enhance my photos.

Automatic enhancements are not saved in the file and are only applied upon viewing the photo. Turning it off may help speed up the loading of photos. Here are the steps on how to turn off enhancements:

• Open Photos.
    • Click on the three dots on the upper right part of the app and click on
      Settings
    • Under Viewing and editing, turn off Automatically enhance my photos by moving the slider.
    • If you are not using OneDrive, you can also turn off Show my cloud-only content from OneDrive.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Photo app in Windows 10 is extremely slow

Rebuilding the search index in your computer may help speed-up the loading of photos in the app. The search index is like a directory of files and media in your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Indexing Options, and click on Indexing Options from the results.
    • Click Advanced.
    • Under Troubleshooting, click Rebuild.

We also suggest that you download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows Update and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, you may reinstall the Photos app. For steps on how to uninstall and reinstall the Photos app, follow the steps provided by Anil Madishetty on this thread:

Why won't my Photos app load on Windows 10

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gino Des, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Photos App is Very Slow

Photos app search is slow

Does anyone find the native photo app slow when it build it search. I opened it yesterday and top right was search and a blue bar moving up very slowly. I know it’s building some kind of index and I have a couple thousand photos but on machine of my spec it seemed very slow. It was literally taking a second for each photo and as a result took s long time to complete. I didn’t want to
    interup it so let it finish but that seemed very slow to me

Scottyboy99, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Photos App is Very Slow

1. Photos App is Very Slow - Similar Threads - Photos App Very

2. File explorer, notepad, Photos - VERY SLOW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer, notepad, Photos - VERY SLOW: Hi!I have a modern HP Spectre i7, 16gb ram and it used to work well until few months ago.For few months already whenever I try to open simple text file with notepad or mid size jpg image with photos it takes AGES to load usually I am waiting more than a minute with...
  3. File explorer, notepad, Photos - VERY SLOW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer, notepad, Photos - VERY SLOW: Hi!I have a modern HP Spectre i7, 16gb ram and it used to work well until few months ago.For few months already whenever I try to open simple text file with notepad or mid size jpg image with photos it takes AGES to load usually I am waiting more than a minute with...
  4. Photo's very slow

Photo's very slow: I have all my pictures organized on my PC these are family pictures over 60 years in directories per year, per month, per event. Pictures, of course, became bigger over the years. Since a couple of months an upgrade of W10 or Photo's????? opening a photo with photo's FOR...
  5. Some Apps very slow to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some Apps very slow to load: Hi, Due to issues I had upgrading an older to PC to the latest Windows 10 version, I decide to bite the bullet and buy a new new PC. Maybe I bit off more of that bullet than I could chew. I've upgraded to a DELL Optiplex 7090 with a DELL Ultra HD monitor 3840 x 2160 running...
  6. Very slow to load apps or work in app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very slow to load apps or work in app: HP Pavillion g6, win 10 home updated . PC was slowing down for sometime. But now it takes 3 mtsto boot. Takes 4-5 mts to load an app. Opening a file in app and clicking on any command take a few minutes to respond. If I open a second app the story is same. Switching between...
  7. Photos App - Very slow making my collection searchable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App - Very slow making my collection searchable: Hi. I have 2 computers with the Photos App installed. One seems fine and has found all my photos and the people found show under the people's section. On my 2nd computer it has only found 9 people even though i have told it the folders to look for pictures in. The only...
  8. Displaying photos in NAS is very slow

Displaying photos in NAS is very slow: I like the Photos app for managing my photos. Recently I moved all my photos to an NAS folder and added the network folder to the app's folder collection. But it appears the apps searches the folder in the NAS really slowly. I kept the app on for hours and overnight. It still...
  9. Photos app search is slow

Photos app search is slow: Does anyone find the native photo app slow when it build it search. I opened it yesterday and top right was search and a blue bar moving up very slowly. I know it’s building some kind of index and I have a couple thousand photos but on machine of my spec it seemed very slow....
  10. Very slow loading of photos, GIFs and video?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow loading of photos, GIFs and video?: Is anyone else experiencing very slow loading of photos/images, especially higher resolution? Even simple GIFs, which previously required no loading time, now take two to several seconds to load. Videos, even low-res, which previously commenced playing instantly and...