Windows 10: Photos app keeps adding a folder

Discus and support Photos app keeps adding a folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; No matter how many times I remove a folder from Settings >> Sources, the Photos app adds it back every time I restart the program. How can this be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jirafas, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Jirafas Win User

Photos app keeps adding a folder

No matter how many times I remove a folder from Settings >> Sources, the Photos app adds it back every time I restart the program. How can this be solved?

:)

Jirafas, Nov 17, 2020

2. How do I move "folder" photos to an Album in Win10-Photos App?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to add the folder of photos to Photos App. We will help you.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Press Start and type Photos App.
    • Open the Photos App and Click on Settings.
    • Under Sources click on Add Folder.
    • Select the Folder and Click ok. It will get added.
    • Check if it is added and the photos are listed in the Photos App.
    Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Photos App Not Displaying all Photos and Folders

I've been trying to research this issue and have tried a number of fixes. Here is the situation:

• I am using a network drive for my photos
    • "Collection" will not show all of my photos - many are missing.
    • If I go to "Folders" view:
      • Some will show only a subset of the photos.
      • Others will not show any photos at all.
      • Several folders don't show up at all (yet if I search for them in the search bar, they do)
    • If in Windows Explorer I click on any of the missing photos or folders, they all open with no issues with the photos App

I have tried a number of fixes:

• I have used the windows app troubleshooter
    • I reset the photos app
    • I have added and removed the folders in the photos app settings
    • I uninstalled and re-installed the photos app
    • I "refreshed" folders within the app
    • I changed permissions for the photos folder
      • Added SYSTEM to all sub-folders and files
    In all I have spent hours trying to get this to work - and its not. I really want to use the photos app to manage my extensive library of family photos. Any other suggestions to get this to work? Is this a known issue with Windows 10 Photos App?

Thank You!

TomPinchuk, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Photos app keeps adding a folder

adding picture folders to the Photo app

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are trying to add albums to your Photos application. However, the option to select multiple folders and turn them into albums within the Photos application is currently unavailable.

However you can select individual folders and add them to an album. I would suggest you to check the steps mentioned below and see if it is helpful for you, before proceeding with the steps make sure to move all the folders containing your personal
    photos to Pictures folder:

1. Open
    Photos application.

2. Click on the ‘Folders’ tab.

3. Select ‘Add a folder’ option.(Select and add the Pictures folder)

4. Now click on the ‘Pictures’ folder. ( All the folder that you have added will be visible)

5. Now click on the any folders that you have added and select ‘New album’ option, set a name to the album and click on ‘Done’. (You will have to
    open each folder that you have added in the ‘Pictures’ folder and create a
    New album)

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Photos app keeps adding a folder

1. Photos app keeps adding a folder - Similar Threads - Photos app keeps

2. Stop Photos adding folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop Photos adding folders: This is extremely annoying.I goto photo settings and select the folder I want not microsoft, me the owner of the software. A few days later I open the app and its auto add a another folder from the pictures folder.I dont want this folder in my photos library, how can I...
  3. Stop Photos adding folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Photos adding folders: This is extremely annoying.I goto photo settings and select the folder I want not microsoft, me the owner of the software. A few days later I open the app and its auto add a another folder from the pictures folder.I dont want this folder in my photos library, how can I...
  4. Stop Photos adding folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Photos app may never complete adding folders...

Windows 10 Photos app may never complete adding folders...: I added several photos and videos folder from my NAS to Windows 10 Photos on two laptops and a desktop almost three months ago. There are more than a hundred folders and on the order of 38,000 photos and videos out in these trees. In the last three months, I have kept Photos...
  6. Adding music in Microsoft Photo App

Adding music in Microsoft Photo App: I am trying to add music file to a single photo using Microsoft Photo App (Windows 10). I read the "how to" and watched videos, but am still clearly missing something. Here's the problem: I adjusted the duration of the picture on storyboard to match the length of the song...
  7. adding picture folders to the Photo app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    adding picture folders to the Photo app: I have a few thousand pictures on my laptop that are in 75 folders under the Pictures folder. I want to copy/move all to the Photos app. and have the individual folders become albums in Photos. How can I accomplish this without loading 75 different folders?...
  8. `Photos App on Surface Go keeps adding onedrive to the collection

`Photos App on Surface Go keeps adding onedrive to the collection: The photos app keeps searching onedrive, even after repeatedly switching off to add to the collection. Because the process takes too long with wifi, the tablet hangs. I do not want the app to check onedrive....
  9. Mail App adding folders

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App adding folders: Can you create folders in the Mail App? Thanks 8315
  10. Storage Folder For App Ads

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Storage Folder For App Ads: Can someone point me to it? Got an ad that I've opted out of but it's still being displayed so I'm suspecting a cached entry. 60024