Windows 10: Photos app missing after recent update

Discus and support Photos app missing after recent update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Split from this thread. ms photo is missing after recent update. now cannot reinstall from ms store.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by chungwah, Apr 27, 2019.

1. chungwah Win User

Photos app missing after recent update

Split from this thread.​

ms photo is missing after recent update. now cannot reinstall from ms store.

:)

chungwah, Apr 27, 2019
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Apr 27, 2019
  3. airion Win User
    Photo App Missing on Windows 10

I've seen several threads about installing a missing photo app. I've tried the suggestions listed on these threads to get the photo app back and nothing works. Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

airion, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Photos app missing after recent update

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Photos app missing after recent update

1. Photos app missing after recent update - Similar Threads - Photos app missing

2. Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update: Hi Community,I am an avid photographer and take many pictures sorting them down to the best ones to print, sell, etc. I used to double click a picture in a folder; opening the photos app. I would find the photos I wanted and copy Control+C and paste Control+P from the open...
  3. Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update: Hi Community,I am an avid photographer and take many pictures sorting them down to the best ones to print, sell, etc. I used to double click a picture in a folder; opening the photos app. I would find the photos I wanted and copy Control+C and paste Control+P from the open...
  4. Microsoft Photos App Copy photo broken with recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to rename photo after opening in Photos, after recent update

Unable to rename photo after opening in Photos, after recent update: Windows 10 Version 21H1Although I know that you can rename photo files within Explorer, sometimes I prefer to open the photo and rename it whilst the photo is open using an option top right of the screen to view file name from memory! and I can rename the detail and save -...
  6. Unable to rename photo after opening in Photos, after recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to rename photo after opening in Photos, after recent update: Windows 10 Version 21H1Although I know that you can rename photo files within Explorer, sometimes I prefer to open the photo and rename it whilst the photo is open using an option top right of the screen to view file name from memory! and I can rename the detail and save -...
  7. Unable to rename photo after opening in Photos, after recent update

8. Windows Photo App missing arrows after last update

Windows Photo App missing arrows after last update: After the last windows update, the windows photo app seems to have broken a efficient workflow.Use case: use Photo app to browse to large amount of photo's, select a photo to keep, edit crop/straigten, save-as in new folder selected photos, next arrow to see next photo, next...
  9. Photo folder missing after recent update

Photo folder missing after recent update: Photo folder is missing after recent update. Only one folder is missing but I want to know if/how I can get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-folder-missing-after-recent-update/1f94a37a-205d-4636-9bd6-4db966c638cf
  10. Microsoft Photos app crashes after recent update.

Microsoft Photos app crashes after recent update.: Hi, The Microsoft Photos app recently got updated on my PC, after which I noticed a new App start appearing in my Start Menu: Video Editor. However, after this update, both the Microsoft Photos app as well as the new Video Editor app, both crash when starting up....