Windows 10: Photos App missing under certain user accounts

Discus and support Photos App missing under certain user accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer is joined to a on-prem domain running Windows 10 Enterprise x64, build 1709. My user profile is roaming with Folder Redirection enabled (by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by christianMDU, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Photos App missing under certain user accounts

My computer is joined to a on-prem domain running Windows 10 Enterprise x64, build 1709.
    My user profile is roaming with Folder Redirection enabled (by Group Policy).

I had to recreate my roaming profile and ever since then have been having issues. First, the built-in Calculator app had disappeared. I managed to get it back by running the following PowerShell:

Code: Get-AppxPackage -allusers *windowscalculator* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}[/quote] 2 weeks later I noticed my default photo viewer had been reset. I tried to change the file type association of .PNG files, for example, to Photos but couldn't find it. If I switch user and log in as the local admin, I see the Photos app.

I've tried various PowerShell commands in an attempt to get the Photos app back but am failing. Here are the commands I've tried:

Code: Get-AppxPackage -allusers *photo* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}[/quote] Code: Get-AppxPackage *photo* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}[/quote] Does anyone know how I can get it back? I'm also wondering what else I've lost. I still need to find why this occurs when I delete my cached roaming profile.

:)

christianMDU, Jul 12, 2018
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Windows 10 Photos App: Missing / Not Showing All Pictures

Hi Jim,

It's possible that some missing or corrupted system files are affecting the performance of the Photos app. As initial troubleshooting, run the

Windows apps troubleshooter

Additionally, we suggest performing a clean boot to find out if this behavior is caused by a third-party
    program. This will load Windows with minimal drivers and programs, preventing software conflicts from occurring. If the Photos app shows the missing pictures and folders in a clean boot environment, check the section How to determine what is causing
    the problem by performing a clean boot
    for what to do next.

Note: To return your computer back to normal, check the section How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

We'd also recommend creating a new user profile to check if this is caused by a corrupted user profile. You may find the steps for doing that through this link.

Furthermore, check if resetting the Photos app solves the problem by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Apps & Features.
    • Choose Photos from the list.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset twice.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if the Photos app shows the missing pictures after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 12, 2018
  4. airion Win User

Photos App missing under certain user accounts

Photo App Missing on Windows 10

I've seen several threads about installing a missing photo app. I've tried the suggestions listed on these threads to get the photo app back and nothing works. Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

airion, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Photos App missing under certain user accounts

1. Photos App missing under certain user accounts - Similar Threads - Photos App missing

2. User account missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account missing: Hello,I just opened my personal laptop for the first time in a week. Upon booting up, my user profile the only user profile I have ever used on this laptop was missing. The only option I have is to log in as New User with a bar to type in a password. My prior pin and my...
  3. User account missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account missing: Hello,I just opened my personal laptop for the first time in a week. Upon booting up, my user profile the only user profile I have ever used on this laptop was missing. The only option I have is to log in as New User with a bar to type in a password. My prior pin and my...
  4. User accounts missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User accounts missing?: Hello! I created a user account on my father in laws computer however when I went to try to log in, I couldn’t access any accounts in the Home Screen. So I deleted thinking it may have been the issue. Now I can not log out of the Standard user account I am in and no other...
  5. User accounts missing?

User accounts missing?: Hello! I created a user account on my father in laws computer however when I went to try to log in, I couldn’t access any accounts in the Home Screen. So I deleted thinking it may have been the issue. Now I can not log out of the Standard user account I am in and no other...
  6. User accounts missing?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Certain photos missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain photos missing: I have plugged my Android phone into my windows 10 laptop, went onto the photos app and clicked import, it has done it, but it has left out alot of pictures, how do I put them on the laptop?...
  8. Black line appearing under certain apps

Black line appearing under certain apps: Hello,I recently restart my pc, after restarting all of my app data are deleted and got log out automatically. Certain apps which runs before restarting are now not responding. Some of the names are1CalculatorCameraCalenderFilms and TvMailsMapsMicrosoft storeMicrosoft...
  9. Black line appearing under certain apps

Black line appearing under certain apps: I have pretty new laptop used for 10 months. I restart my laptop and i got log out automatically from most of the apps Microsoft edge, Google chrome, Microsoft teams. gmail etc... However i fix this problem by signing in all of them but when opening any photos on my pc I am...
  10. The Photos app is missing and not working on a certain user but is available on another.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Photos app is missing and not working on a certain user but is available on another.: The Photos app is install on my PC and is working for all users but mine. It is as if it is missing on my account. The default app settings show TWINUI and simply the apps section does not show the Photos app at all. I have reset the app on the other user with no result....