Photos App missing under certain user accounts

Discus and support Photos App missing under certain user accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer is joined to a on-prem domain running Windows 10 Enterprise x64, build 1709. My user profile is roaming with Folder Redirection enabled (by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by christianMDU, Jul 12, 2018.

1. christianMDU Win User

My computer is joined to a on-prem domain running Windows 10 Enterprise x64, build 1709.
    My user profile is roaming with Folder Redirection enabled (by Group Policy).

I had to recreate my roaming profile and ever since then have been having issues. First, the built-in Calculator app had disappeared. I managed to get it back by running the following PowerShell:

Code: Get-AppxPackage -allusers *windowscalculator* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}[/quote] 2 weeks later I noticed my default photo viewer had been reset. I tried to change the file type association of .PNG files, for example, to Photos but couldn't find it. If I switch user and log in as the local admin, I see the Photos app.

I've tried various PowerShell commands in an attempt to get the Photos app back but am failing. Here are the commands I've tried:

Code: Get-AppxPackage -allusers *photo* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}[/quote] Code: Get-AppxPackage *photo* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}[/quote] Does anyone know how I can get it back? I'm also wondering what else I've lost. I still need to find why this occurs when I delete my cached roaming profile.

:)

christianMDU, Jul 12, 2018
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Windows 10 Photos App: Missing / Not Showing All Pictures

Hi Jim,

It's possible that some missing or corrupted system files are affecting the performance of the Photos app. As initial troubleshooting, run the

Windows apps troubleshooter

Additionally, we suggest performing a clean boot to find out if this behavior is caused by a third-party
    program. This will load Windows with minimal drivers and programs, preventing software conflicts from occurring. If the Photos app shows the missing pictures and folders in a clean boot environment, check the section How to determine what is causing
    the problem by performing a clean boot
    for what to do next.

Note: To return your computer back to normal, check the section How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

We'd also recommend creating a new user profile to check if this is caused by a corrupted user profile. You may find the steps for doing that through this link.

Furthermore, check if resetting the Photos app solves the problem by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Apps & Features.
    • Choose Photos from the list.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset twice.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if the Photos app shows the missing pictures after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jul 12, 2018
  4. airion Win User

Photo App Missing on Windows 10

I've seen several threads about installing a missing photo app. I've tried the suggestions listed on these threads to get the photo app back and nothing works. Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

airion, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Photos App missing under certain user accounts - Similar Threads - Photos App missing

2. photo app crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo app crashing: the microsoft photos app keeps closing and i cant view any of my photos as it keeps saying system error. i have tried repair, reset and uninstall and none of them work. what else can be done?...
  3. Microsoft Photo App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photo App: I have been trying to open the microsoft photo app but it opens and is only a black screen before it crashes. ive tried everything uninstalled it using powershell and ccleaner and reinstalling it. it keeps crashing. when i reinstall it on the microsoft store it only shows a...
  4. Photo app

Photo app: Trying to create a YouTube video to go on my channel. keep running into problems with inserting a video clip and still photos. I have to do this 10x, How can I get Photo App to let me increase the number of files/clips?...
  5. photos app crashes

photos app crashes: The Windows 10 update on 6/11/2018 has cause my photo app to crash immediately on startup. I reinstalled photo, but I continuously get a file systems error (-2147279796) come on MS get it fixed please !...
  6. Windows photo app

Windows photo app: My windows 10 photo App is not opening. When I tried troubleshooting it couldn't even find the App. There are no photos displayed in the "life at a glance" screen. It's as if everything has gone. I really do need some help with this. Thank you....
  7. Photos app will not open photos - giving error code (-2147219196) and (-2147219195)

Photos app will not open photos - giving error code (-2147219196) and (-2147219195): After executing windows updates, my photos app no longer works. The app and my windows version are the newest available. When I try to open a photo (jpg), the photos app displays for a second then closes and gives a pop up window that reads "File System error (-2147219196)"....
  8. Photos App

Photos App: Is there a way to speed up a video using the Photos App that comes with windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_photo/photos-app/b6a3c295-259c-4579-96c8-026483f672bb
  9. Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10: The title explains it, I did the free upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 & all the above apps are nowhere to be found. Not on the alphabetical list or within the Start tiles. I have done searches on this site & on Google, but no luck. Any suggestions please, before I despair & go...
  10. New laptop purchase missing microsoft store app, photos app

New laptop purchase missing microsoft store app, photos app: Hi everyone, I purchased an Emachines laptop for my son to use at high school model number E729Z running Windows 10 Enterprise and I went to locate the App store app but it can not be found. I can not import photos from his iPhone or my Sony Xperia XZ Premium. Can anyone...