Windows 10: Photos App Navigation Bar Interference

Discus and support Photos App Navigation Bar Interference in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just recently I began running into an annoyance with my Windows 10 Photos app. The Navigation bar at the top of the screen cannot be closed out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by skyshale828, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Photos App Navigation Bar Interference

Just recently I began running into an annoyance with my Windows 10 Photos app. The Navigation bar at the top of the screen cannot be closed out anymore. For the longest time, all that was required was a simple click on the screen or a tap of the space bar to close it out, but that no longer works. My entire PC as well as the individual app is up to date with updates, but I can no longer see photos at their full resolution without having to go full screen, which I shouldn't have to do. As a visual arts buff, I usually have multiple windows of Photos open at once, and constantly having to full screen and exit is such an inconvenience versus how simple it was before. There's also nothing in the settings about the navigation bar, and I tried switching back to Windows Photo Viewer but it's close to impossible and not even on the Microsoft store anymore. I just want a fix for my Photos app, maybe something is just wrong with it?

:)

skyshale828, Feb 2, 2019

2. How to fix navigation interference with image viewing in Windows 10 Photos?

Click the edit button on the top bar to hide the bottom navigation bar - you can take a screen grab now without the navigation bar.

To go back, click the top left back arrow for the photo navigation mode.

user750803, Feb 2, 2019
  3. playcat Win User
    How to fix navigation interference with image viewing in Windows 10 Photos?

Navigation in the Photos App on Windows 10 covers the bottom of the image and is rather persistent in staying there, preventing you from seeing the full image content.

Additionally, there's a top-bar which does the same, but on the top of the picture.

Is there a way to fix this?

playcat, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Photos App Navigation Bar Interference

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Photos App Navigation Bar Interference

1. Photos App Navigation Bar Interference - Similar Threads - Photos App Navigation

2. Navigation Bar on Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Navigation Bar on Windows Defender: So I was going to install an app and it was detected as a virus and didnt download so I went to windows defender and the Navigation Bar didnt work and when I try to allow a program it dosent let me...
  3. Position od navigation bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Position od navigation bar.: Hello everyone. I come to You all with one little(maybe not simple) question. Is any option to move the navigation bar,(You all know which I mean probably but this is the one which we are using to close and minimize our apps) to the left side instead of the right side? To be...
  4. title and task bar interference in games

in Windows 10 Customization
    title and task bar interference in games: Recently Ive become obsessed with playing the game Sea of Thieves, when one day, whenever I flicked my mouse up or down it would pull up the title bar or task bar respectively. this often caused my cursor to stop functioning for a brief amount of time in game, and often even...
  5. MS Photos unable to navigate photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Photos unable to navigate photos: I am using the default Windows Explorer. I am using MS Photos. This morning I could click a photo from a file that had around 1000 photos in it, and press left or right on the keyboard, or I could click the left and right arrows after double clicking oh a photo. Now, that...
  6. Task Bar/Navigation access

Task Bar/Navigation access: I searched for answers to this question on the forum, and found some answers, but none of them worked for me. So I am posting now hoping someone can provide me some sort of assistance. I have an HP touchscreen laptop I bought last year and I upgraded from Windows 7 to...
  7. Windows photos app - not able to navigate through the photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows photos app - not able to navigate through the photos: If I open any photo using the Photos application in Windows 10 OS then I am able to click on the left/right arrows on the keyboard to move to the next photos. But incase I zoom-in in any of the photos and then zoom out, then I am not able to navigate to other photos anymore....
  8. Mail App interference

Mail App interference: The Microsoft Mail App is constantly interfering with routine document creation. Every time the "@" symbol is typed it is being read by Mail as an email address. Mail proceeds to open (I never use it) and treats the typed word as an email address, i.e., it cannot be edited as...
  9. Navigation bar stopped working

Navigation bar stopped working: I purchased a new laptop but a few days later a navigation bar stopped working and I cannot open the Start menu, used various features including the Administrator of tasks...
  10. Explorer Navigation Bar Position

Explorer Navigation Bar Position: The vertical orientation of the Navigation Bar is new. Why, oh why, was it moved from orientated horizontally to vertical? Vertical orientation reduces the width of my home screen. I would like to be able to return the bar back to horizontal which might permit the ability...