Windows 10: Photos app new border around (fullscreen) pics should be removed

Discus and support Photos app new border around (fullscreen) pics should be removed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It used to be in the built-in Photos app, that if you viewed a picture fullscreen it would show from edge to edge of your screen (if you zoomed in)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThinkBigger01, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Photos app new border around (fullscreen) pics should be removed

It used to be in the built-in Photos app, that if you viewed a picture fullscreen it would show from edge to edge of your screen (if you zoomed in) which is the purpose of fullscreen obviously.

Sadly it seems in a recent update they have added black bars or borders around the pic even in fullscreen which doesn't make any sense and just takes up valuable screen estate. I'm on a 13" laptop so I really need all the space i can have.

Does anybody know if maybe somewhere you can download the previous version of the Photos app or if this somehow can be fixed in registry or whatever?

I really hope Microsoft will fix this and go back to the previous version of Photos without those additional black bars/borders in regular and fullscreen mode that just use up screen estate. Thumbs up if you agree.

submitted by /u/ThinkBigger01
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThinkBigger01, Aug 17, 2021

2. Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders

You can use feedback to suggest changes, but I assure you that this is exactly what the Photos app is supposed to show photos as.

You can use a third party program like infranview:
    https://www.irfanview.com/

If you go through this thread, there are possible fixes:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

But in the end, the user remembered found that the gray border does not persist outside of photos. Open the photo in Paint and it will be the same size as it is in Photos, just without the border. The border is purely aesthetic and does not have any effect
    on the photo.

Another user found that the problem was not actually a problem but that they mis-remembered how it looked outside of fullscreen.

At this current moment, I do not believe there is a setting or fix for this other than changing photo apps or feedback hub.

Zackary Vanosdol, Aug 17, 2021
  3. New Windows update caused a border on Photos. How do I remove borders?

New Windows update caused a border on Photos. How do I remove borders?

Moved from ( Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup )

Bryanq6019, Aug 17, 2021
  4. Photos app new border around (fullscreen) pics should be removed

Viewing pics and photos

Thanks again, Arjay,

Unfortunately, the problem remains the same. After rebooting it let me open half a dozen pics using the Photos app, as I originally wanted. I could see each pic the same size in the same window. Success, I thought.

Then it simply stopped. After those first few pics it stopped opening photos and the same message appears: 'The app didn't start.'

I tried going back to the beginning and doing the steps you advised at the start but the same process happened.

It's driving me mad. A nearly new computer and it can't do a simple thing like show me pictures.

What's next? Any suggestions?

All the best, Andrew

AndrewDownieBrazil, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

Photos app new border around (fullscreen) pics should be removed

1. Photos app new border around (fullscreen) pics should be removed - Similar Threads - Photos app border

2. New photos app difficult to import pics

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New photos app difficult to import pics: Trying to import my photos from iphone, the app doesnt sort the pictures by month anymore. How can I solve this? I dont want to manually select 1000s of photos....
  3. New photos app difficult to import pics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New photos app difficult to import pics: Trying to import my photos from iphone, the app doesnt sort the pictures by month anymore. How can I solve this? I dont want to manually select 1000s of photos....
  4. White Border Around Snaped Apps on the Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White Border Around Snaped Apps on the Desktop: Just moved to Win11, and Win10 did not add the white border. It only happens on snapped apps, not to apps that are unsnapped. Is this by design choice or an oversite?...
  5. White Border Around Snaped Apps on the Desktop

White Border Around Snaped Apps on the Desktop: Just moved to Win11, and Win10 did not add the white border. It only happens on snapped apps, not to apps that are unsnapped. Is this by design choice or an oversite?...
  6. Fullscreen by default in Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen by default in Photos app: I know I'm not losing my mind, because my photos at one point in time opened by default in fullscreen.Is this still possible? I understand pushing F11 isn't exactly a difficult task, but I think it should at least be an option.Thanks...
  7. Fullscreen by default in Photos app

Fullscreen by default in Photos app: I know I'm not losing my mind, because my photos at one point in time opened by default in fullscreen.Is this still possible? I understand pushing F11 isn't exactly a difficult task, but I think it should at least be an option.Thanks...
  8. Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders IN FULLSCREEN

Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders IN FULLSCREEN: The Photos App has started to display photos with a grey border around them WHEN IN FULLSCREEN MODE.How can I fix this? I have already tried Repair, Reset, Uninstall with Powershell and Reinstalling. Yet there are grey borders in fullscreen. Even when zooming in fullscreen....
  9. Border around Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Border around Desktop: Hello all! I recently bought a GDP P2 Max mini laptop and am pretty surprised at how performant it is. My only problem however is that the Desktop has a border around the edges. It's dark grey and had a tiny rectangle in the upper right corner of the screen. Does anyone...
  10. New border around Universal Apps..

in Windows 10 Support
    New border around Universal Apps..: I notice there's a new 1 pixel white border around Universal apps like Mail and OneNote. This makes it easier to see the edge of the window when it overlaps similarly colored areas. This seems to be new since the update yesterday. 13655