Windows 10: Photos app - not able to save my trimmed video.

Discus and support Photos app - not able to save my trimmed video. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I'm trying to trim a few video files from my dashcam and when I press save as saving progress stops at the end, about 95% . Just installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by A.B.6, Jun 30, 2020 at 2:42 PM.

1. A.B.6 Win User

Photos app - not able to save my trimmed video.

Hi. I'm trying to trim a few video files from my dashcam and when I press save as saving progress stops at the end, about 95% .

Just installed windows 10 professional 2004v. and updated everything whats possible.

:)

2. tobicalvi Win User

Able to trim but unable to save the edits in Photo App

Original Title: Photo App

I am trying to trim a video in the Photo App Windows 10. Able to trim but unable to save the edits. Would appreciate any and all guidance.

3. Cannot save trimmed videos using the Photos App

I have a couple videos that I want to trim down in the Photos App; however, every time I attempt to trim the video, Photos would crash. After crashing, a trimmed file of the video would show up, but I cannot view the new clip.

KernelCatsup, Jun 30, 2020 at 2:45 PM
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Editing (trimming) a video in Windows 10's 'Photos' App automatically saves copy with wrong date.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forum.

I appreciate your interest in Photos app. We did try to reproduce the issue on our test systems and trimmed video was saved with the date and time on which it was edition. So the issue could be with photos app as you mentioned that you system time
    is correct. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store. You can also try to re-install the app
    using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can either install the app from the store or type the following command in PowerShell:
      Reinstalling apps: Get-AppXPackage -allusers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Regards,

Thema:

1. Photos app - not able to save my trimmed video. - Similar Threads - Photos app able

2. cant trim videos in photos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant trim videos in photos: every time i try to trim my videos from shadowplay i get an annoying pop up saying i dont have permission try saving a copy instead. ive tried making copies and editing the security in properties nothing works unless i restart my computer its incredibly frustrating as...
  3. Can't save a trimmed video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't save a trimmed video: This bug has occurred for many others but I have not found a single working solution. I made an animation in Source Filmmaker that was saved as an .avi file. The file plays and works perfectly fine, its 18 seconds long. I am the only account on my PC and I'm an...
  4. Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy: Open a movie file, click edit, trim, save, get annoying invalid and improper message: It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy instead. Checking the Internets doesn't seem to help. Setting owner in advanced tabs with silly...
  5. once trimmed, video cannot be saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    once trimmed, video cannot be saved: MP4 video files that I save to the desktop can be played using different apps. But when I trim this video file using movies/ tv app/photos app, it freezes with the message This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is...
  6. Videos and photo trim W10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Videos and photo trim W10: There is a video that I would like to edit: a portion in the middle needs to be removed. I tried to use trim on the photo app but when the unwanted portion is highlighted, the rest of the video is removed. This is exactly the opposite of what I need. What do I do now since I...
  7. Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy

Microsoft Photos - Can't save trimmed video as a copy: Hi...having trouble with Microsoft Photos. I am running Windows 10. See screenshot for version/build. [ATTACH] I am trying to trim some video clips that I created and imported from my device to this computer with a usb drive. I can view the video clip in MS Photos and trim...
  8. Photo App and Movies and TV App will not allow saving of trimmed video

Photo App and Movies and TV App will not allow saving of trimmed video: Both of the open and both allow editing. But when I click save a Copy, neither will allow me to save to xxx_trim.mp3 file (default) or another .mp3 file with a new name. The screen says "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file Try saving a...
  9. Error saving a trimmed portion of a video using Microsoft Photo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error saving a trimmed portion of a video using Microsoft Photo: Hello, I'm trying to trim a video using Microsoft Photo, I select the prtion I want to sabe using the start and end White dots, butr when I sabe it the trimmed video shows 0 KBs as shown below Can somebody help? Can't figure out what the problem is as the process is pretty...
  10. Windows Photo App crashing on video trim action

Windows Photo App crashing on video trim action: Hello, There is a Event log Faulting application name: Microsoft.Photos.exe, version: 2018.18041.15530.0, time stamp: 0x5b08a8a1 Faulting module name: SharedLibrary.dll, version: 1.7.25531.0, time stamp: 0x597af36c Exception code: 0x80004003 Fault offset:...