Windows 10: Photos app - not able to save my trimmed video.

Discus and support Photos app - not able to save my trimmed video. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I'm trying to trim a few video files from my dashcam and when I press save as saving progress stops at the end, about 95% . Just installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by A.B.6, Jun 30, 2020.

1. A.B.6 Win User

Photos app - not able to save my trimmed video.

Hi. I'm trying to trim a few video files from my dashcam and when I press save as saving progress stops at the end, about 95% .

Just installed windows 10 professional 2004v. and updated everything whats possible.

:)

A.B.6, Jun 30, 2020
  2. tobicalvi Win User

Able to trim but unable to save the edits in Photo App

Original Title: Photo App

I am trying to trim a video in the Photo App Windows 10. Able to trim but unable to save the edits. Would appreciate any and all guidance.

tobicalvi, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Cannot save trimmed videos using the Photos App

I have a couple videos that I want to trim down in the Photos App; however, every time I attempt to trim the video, Photos would crash. After crashing, a trimmed file of the video would show up, but I cannot view the new clip.

KernelCatsup, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Editing (trimming) a video in Windows 10's 'Photos' App automatically saves copy with wrong date.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forum.

I appreciate your interest in Photos app. We did try to reproduce the issue on our test systems and trimmed video was saved with the date and time on which it was edition. So the issue could be with photos app as you mentioned that you system time
    is correct. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store. You can also try to re-install the app
    using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can either install the app from the store or type the following command in PowerShell:
      Reinstalling apps: Get-AppXPackage -allusers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Photos app - not able to save my trimmed video. - Similar Threads - Photos app able

2. Unable to save trimmed video in Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to save trimmed video in Microsoft Photos: I use Movies & TV to play my videos and use the trim feature on their to make them shorter and save them so I can get rid of unnecessary space. The Trim is done through Microsoft Photos and up until a week ago it worked perfectly fine. Now when I trim the video to my liking...
  3. Unable to save trimmed video in Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to save trimmed video in Microsoft Photos: I use Movies & TV to play my videos and use the trim feature on their to make them shorter and save them so I can get rid of unnecessary space. The Trim is done through Microsoft Photos and up until a week ago it worked perfectly fine. Now when I trim the video to my liking...
  4. trimmed videos not saving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trimmed videos not saving: every time i try to trim MP.4 video, the error appears. Got enough space on storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trimmed-videos-not-saving/f7c0eff8-680b-444a-9790-15c829cf7e81
  5. trimmed videos not saving

trimmed videos not saving: every time i try to trim MP.4 video, the error appears. Got enough space on storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trimmed-videos-not-saving/f7c0eff8-680b-444a-9790-15c829cf7e81
  6. Photos App won't trim a video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App won't trim a video: I'm trying to trim down an .avi file so I can send a short clip through email, I know there are a myriad of options such as file hosting and cloud storage to solve this, but the bosses want it sent through email so thats what they're gonna get. My problem is when I trim it...
  7. Trimming Videos in Photos app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trimming Videos in Photos app: Sometime in the last calendar year, you went from being able to choose the location of where you wanted the trimmed version of your video to be exported to from the Photos app, to only being able to automatically save the trimmed video to the same location as the source...
  8. Microsoft Photos Fails to Save Trimmed Video

Microsoft Photos Fails to Save Trimmed Video: Hello, I am attempting to use Microsoft Photos to trim some videos. I set the sliders to the portion of video I want, and I click "Save As." The video file name shows up in the folder I selected to save it in, and it starts to show an increasing file size, while the Photos...
  9. Trimming videos using Photos App...

Trimming videos using Photos App...: Re: Trimming videos using the Photos App Any ideas why, when I trim an .mp4 created using Xbox game bar, that the resulting .mp4 is an exponentially smaller file? E.g. I cut 5 mins off a 2 hour video and the file size went from 2mb to .65mb? I personally don't notice...
  10. Photo App and Movies and TV App will not allow saving of trimmed video

Photo App and Movies and TV App will not allow saving of trimmed video: Both of the open and both allow editing. But when I click save a Copy, neither will allow me to save to xxx_trim.mp3 file (default) or another .mp3 file with a new name. The screen says "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file Try saving a...