Windows 10: Photos App Not Available To Second User

Discus and support Photos App Not Available To Second User in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We have recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 Home. I copied files and settings from our previous laptop using PC Mover, and everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GeoffinBramhall, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Photos App Not Available To Second User

We have recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 Home. I copied files and settings from our previous laptop using PC Mover, and everything seems to be working fine, with one exception. Under my user, I can open picture files using the Microsoft Photos app, but under my wife's user, the Photos app is not available on the Start menu, and is not shown as an option under 'Open With' for a .jpg file. Obviously, the app is present on the laptop, so how can I make it available under my wife's user account?

:)

GeoffinBramhall, Jul 30, 2019

2. Is the Photos App completely broken? It opens but crashes after 5 seconds.

There were so many errors in the system I just wiped everything and did a clean install. However, the Photos app still crashes immediately after opening it. I tried all the steps listed above and the problem persists. Creating a new user and doing a clean
    boot have no effect. The SFC scan reports no errors now, which is good, but the Photos app will not work despite trying everything that has been suggested. Also, the Troubleshooter for Windows Apps found no problems. Which is amusing, since there clearly is
    one.

To recap, despite trying all methods listed above, including a clean install to clear everything and make sure I have all current updates...Photos does not work.

I'd really like to hear a suggestion as to what to do next.

BrianBeagle, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Photos app update

New update for photos update available. Downloaded manually, went in ok first time. Working across all user accounts. Suggest for users with multiple user accounts to create a restore point first. If the update fails first time it can render the app broken for other user accounts based on past experience.

Scottyboy99, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Photos App Not Available To Second User

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Photos App Not Available To Second User

1. Photos App Not Available To Second User - Similar Threads - Photos App Available

2. Windows 11 Photo's App - multi select not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Photo's App - multi select not available: Why is it that in the Windows Photos App - multi selecting images using Shift + Left Click is not available to the user? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-photos-app-multi-select-not-available/7033ca91-d827-4d73-ab96-f945c23e2aa7
  3. Microsoft Photos app with iCloud Photos integration is now available for all users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Photos app with iCloud Photos integration is now available for all users: Microsoft added support for iCloud Photos in the Windows 11's Photos app for some users in the Dev Channel last month. This feature is now out of beta, it is available for all users, including those on the stable version of the operating system. [ATTACH] The version number...
  4. photos app update eliminated second onedrive ability

photos app update eliminated second onedrive ability: Apparently an update hit my photos app overnight. YESTERDAY, I could view photos from my onedrive account AND my wife's onedrive account our primary photo storage place.Update eliminated ability to see a "second" onedrive account. Now I can only see mine.However, the update...
  5. photos app update eliminated second onedrive ability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app update eliminated second onedrive ability: Apparently an update hit my photos app overnight. YESTERDAY, I could view photos from my onedrive account AND my wife's onedrive account our primary photo storage place.Update eliminated ability to see a "second" onedrive account. Now I can only see mine.However, the update...
  6. Calculator and Photo App not available Windows 11

Calculator and Photo App not available Windows 11: I didn't have these available to me in Windows 10 now on Windows 11 they are still not available tried using PowerShell to uninstall/reinstall it's not working. Unable to download from Windows Store can anybody help...
  7. Calculator and Photo App not available Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calculator and Photo App not available Windows 11: I didn't have these available to me in Windows 10 now on Windows 11 they are still not available tried using PowerShell to uninstall/reinstall it's not working. Unable to download from Windows Store can anybody help...
  8. Delete after import option not available in photos app

Delete after import option not available in photos app: I used to have the option to have the Microsoft photos app import and automatically delete my photos from my iphone, but after an update the option is no longer there. I have also used an alternative route of importing and deleting my photos but the photos are still on my...
  9. second user

in Windows 10 Customization
    second user: How do i create a second user account on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-user/bbdcb9d8-adba-4f75-ae19-e43a5f54494e
  10. The Photos app is missing and not working on a certain user but is available on another.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Photos app is missing and not working on a certain user but is available on another.: The Photos app is install on my PC and is working for all users but mine. It is as if it is missing on my account. The default app settings show TWINUI and simply the apps section does not show the Photos app at all. I have reset the app on the other user with no result....