Windows 10: Photos App Not Available To Second User

Discus and support Photos App Not Available To Second User in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We have recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 Home. I copied files and settings from our previous laptop using PC Mover, and everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GeoffinBramhall, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Photos App Not Available To Second User

We have recently purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 Home. I copied files and settings from our previous laptop using PC Mover, and everything seems to be working fine, with one exception. Under my user, I can open picture files using the Microsoft Photos app, but under my wife's user, the Photos app is not available on the Start menu, and is not shown as an option under 'Open With' for a .jpg file. Obviously, the app is present on the laptop, so how can I make it available under my wife's user account?

:)

GeoffinBramhall, Jul 30, 2019

2. Is the Photos App completely broken? It opens but crashes after 5 seconds.

There were so many errors in the system I just wiped everything and did a clean install. However, the Photos app still crashes immediately after opening it. I tried all the steps listed above and the problem persists. Creating a new user and doing a clean
    boot have no effect. The SFC scan reports no errors now, which is good, but the Photos app will not work despite trying everything that has been suggested. Also, the Troubleshooter for Windows Apps found no problems. Which is amusing, since there clearly is
    one.

To recap, despite trying all methods listed above, including a clean install to clear everything and make sure I have all current updates...Photos does not work.

I'd really like to hear a suggestion as to what to do next.

BrianBeagle, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Photos app update

New update for photos update available. Downloaded manually, went in ok first time. Working across all user accounts. Suggest for users with multiple user accounts to create a restore point first. If the update fails first time it can render the app broken for other user accounts based on past experience.

Scottyboy99, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Photos App Not Available To Second User

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Photos App Not Available To Second User

1. Photos App Not Available To Second User - Similar Threads - Photos App Available

2. Photos app crashes on open for a single user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app crashes on open for a single user: We have a single user that upon launching the Photos app from the Start menu receives a black screen after which the app crashes. This event is logged in the Application log: Faulting application name: Microsoft.Photos.exe, version: 2019.19041.16510.0, time stamp:...
  3. How can I add a second text to the video in the Photo App?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I add a second text to the video in the Photo App?: Provide me with steps to add more than one text to the video in Windows 10 photo app. I have added a text but cannot find how to add another text to my video...
  4. Switch to second user

Switch to second user: How do i set up a second user for the first time? Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-to-second-user/29327e25-36a2-4512-bfa8-5cb9bc4a7514
  5. second user

second user: How do i create a second user account on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-user/bbdcb9d8-adba-4f75-ae19-e43a5f54494e
  6. The Photos app is missing and not working on a certain user but is available on another.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Photos app is missing and not working on a certain user but is available on another.: The Photos app is install on my PC and is working for all users but mine. It is as if it is missing on my account. The default app settings show TWINUI and simply the apps section does not show the Photos app at all. I have reset the app on the other user with no result....
  7. Photos App missing under certain user accounts

Photos App missing under certain user accounts: My computer is joined to a on-prem domain running Windows 10 Enterprise x64, build 1709. My user profile is roaming with Folder Redirection enabled (by Group Policy). I had to recreate my roaming profile and ever since then have been having issues. First, the built-in...
  8. Unknown second user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown second user account: I took the free upgrade to Windows 10 about a week ago. An unknown second user has started appearing on the password log-in screen. It has the name 'smmosbvjntf'. It is easily removed from the user account box but usually reappears on the log-in screen within 24 hours. I...
  9. Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening

Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening: Hello, After installing and enjoying Windows 10 for a few weeks, I am having problems with the Photo app. I was able to open it up with no problems and it showed me all my pictures but I few days ago, I opened it up and it quit after a few seconds. I kept open it with the...
  10. Default Photos app - fixing for specific user accounts

Default Photos app - fixing for specific user accounts: Is there anyway to fix the photos app for a specific user account? On my main admin account it works ok. But there was a series of updates to some of the native apps a few days ago, one of those was the photos app. Since then the photos app will not work on my wife and son's...