Windows 10: photos app not being downloaded in windows 10

Discus and support photos app not being downloaded in windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; windows 10 photos app is not being downloaded. i have followed all the methods like 1) sfc\scannow 2)powershell get-appxpackage etc type of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by photos app error, Oct 15, 2019.

1. photos app not being downloaded in windows 10

windows 10 photos app is not being downloaded.

i have followed all the methods like

1) sfc\scannow

2)powershell get-appxpackage

etc type of codes.

3)reset apps

4)made a cache folder in local folder

and almost everything that i found on forums

but still it is not downloading. it as well as mail and calendar app is also not downloading. what to do?

:)

photos app error, Oct 15, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 15, 2019
  3. msgbdm Win User
    Downloading photos in Windows 10

Downloading from Panasonic digital camera.

I have followed the steps but "Import/Export photos doesn't appear in the dropdown list. Since this is the first time I am downloading into this computer with Windows 10 it was suggested that I need to load new drivers but I can't seem to find them.

msgbdm, Oct 15, 2019
  4. photos app not being downloaded in windows 10

Windows 10 Photos App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:
    Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.

Method 2:
    I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

photos app not being downloaded in windows 10

1. photos app not being downloaded in windows 10 - Similar Threads - photos app being

2. How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app: Every time I download a picture from Chrome, the Microsoft photos app immediately opens it straight after and it's annoying. How do I turn this off?...
  3. How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app: Every time I download a picture from Chrome, the Microsoft photos app immediately opens it straight after and it's annoying. How do I turn this off?...
  4. How to stop downloaded photos from being automatically opened by Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Photo App - Trying to Download Photos and Videos from iphone 10

Windows 10 Photo App - Trying to Download Photos and Videos from iphone 10: Hello, I'm trying to add all my photos and videos from my iPhone 10 to my new Dell PC with Windows 10. When I plug in the phone, the pop up window says "looking for new photos and videos" and it tells me how many it's found so far. The problem is, nothing else is happening...
  6. photo app not downloading photos

photo app not downloading photos: Hi. My photo app for Windows 10 has stopped downloading photos from my iphone ios version 13.2. The app will scan my phone and locate the photos. It displays the total number of photos, but then freezes. It does not display the photos or tell me which ones have not been...
  7. Windows 10 Photo App Doesn't Download Photos/Videos

Windows 10 Photo App Doesn't Download Photos/Videos: Hello World! Recently my Windows 10 Photo App began to act somewhat odd. It will no longer download photos/videos using an MTP Connection on my Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro Phone running Android 6.0.1. It will only download photos, no videos, using a PTP Connection. Even then...
  8. Faces in Windows 10 Photos app not being detected.

Faces in Windows 10 Photos app not being detected.: Hello, Windows Photos app hasn't been detecting faces and I'm not very sure why. I checked settings to make sure "People" was on, I restarted the app and my PC, and I have waited about a month. This is really annoying and I would like to get People working again. Please...
  9. PHOTO APP WILL NOT DOWNLOAD

PHOTO APP WILL NOT DOWNLOAD: I push the GET PHOTO button, and nothing happens. My popup blocker is turned OFF. I uninstalled it by accident (bad advice) and want it back, but Ive tried all day to download it and the button DOES NOTHING!!! Help please....
  10. Faces in Windows 10 Photo App not being recognized?

Faces in Windows 10 Photo App not being recognized?: I recently imported new photos into my photos application, and am just wondering why the app has not yet added the faces from the new photos under the people tab. Does it take a certain amount of time for the app to recognize faces in newley imported photos? There are some...