Windows 10: Photos app not recognising locally stored Onedrive files

Discus and support Photos app not recognising locally stored Onedrive files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My photos are all stored on Onedrive with pictures back up turned on. The pictures folder is set to "always keep on this device" so a copy is stored on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JK987#, Jul 9, 2020.

1. JK987# Win User

Photos app not recognising locally stored Onedrive files

My photos are all stored on Onedrive with pictures back up turned on. The pictures folder is set to "always keep on this device" so a copy is stored on my hard drive.

However, when looking in file info in the Windows photo app all photos are from the source "OneDrive cloud only". Whenever I open a photo from the photos app library view it is pixelated for a few seconds until downloaded from Onedrive. If I turn off "show my cloud-only content from onedrive" everything disappears from the photos app library, even though its all on my hard drive. Similarly if I disconnect my internet, only a pixelated picture will show, as it is trying to download the photo even though it is stored locally.

If I open any picture from Windows Explorer to the photos app the source is shown as "OneDrive available offline", and it shows instantly without pixelation.

I have done both a reset and a repair of the photos app, but the same issue persists.

Any ideas?

:)

JK987#, Jul 9, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Can't convince Photos app to use local pictures file...

Photos app not recognising locally stored Onedrive files [​IMG]

- the right hand one is in Pictures.

I suggest putting an image file in a folder not under a user account, adding that folder, and seeing if that is recognised and displayed.

dalchina, Jul 9, 2020
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Photos app not recognising locally stored Onedrive files

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Photos app not recognising locally stored Onedrive files

1. Photos app not recognising locally stored Onedrive files - Similar Threads - Photos app recognising

2. Photos app will not play video audio if files stored on OneDrive Business. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app will not play video audio if files stored on OneDrive Business. Why?: Hoping there I can gain some insight into my issue with audio and Photos. Situation and Problem: - Photos app is linked to a OneDrive Business account.- Files are not stored locally due to save disk space. - All photos and videos appear in the thumbnails check!. - Videos can...
  3. OneDrive and Local Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive and Local Files: My local files are PC>Windows C:>Users>MyName>OneDrive>Documents.I want to be able to select PC and have my local files appear under Documents and still sync with OneDrive. I am concerned if I change the path I will have multiple files everywhere. How do I make that...
  4. OneDrive and Local Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive and Local Files: My local files are PC>Windows C:>Users>MyName>OneDrive>Documents.I want to be able to select PC and have my local files appear under Documents and still sync with OneDrive. I am concerned if I change the path I will have multiple files everywhere. How do I make that...
  5. OneDrive and local file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive and local file: Hello, So all my files are usually backed up onto Onedrive or some other storage cloud. But my laptop is running low on space so I want to clear them from my laptop's local storage space to free up some space. Is it possible to delete files from my laptop without deleting...
  6. OneDrive and Local Files

OneDrive and Local Files: I cannot seem to stop this. It appears everything under THIS PC Documents, Photos, Music, etc. show both local files and OneDrive files. It gets confusing and sometimes I can't really tell but some save directly to OneDrive. How do I:Have ONLY files that are on the Local disk...
  7. OneDrive local files are not syncing to OneDrive

OneDrive local files are not syncing to OneDrive: Hi, I searched the forum and other websites and could not find a solution. All the files I add to my sync folders are never synced uploaded to onedrive, but the taskbar icon says it is up to date. I try to end the application process, unlink/re-link onedrive,...
  8. Cortana opens locally stored OneDrive files in OneDrive website instead of app

Cortana opens locally stored OneDrive files in OneDrive website instead of app: When I search for a file in Cortana that I have stored in OneDrive and stored locally on my computer it REFUSES to open the locally stored file in the default app and instead opens it in the garbage OneDrive website in my browser! For instance, I have a collection of PDFs...
  9. Indexing local files and files stored on OneDrive for Business

in Cortana
    Indexing local files and files stored on OneDrive for Business: Hello, I am wondering if anybody knows of the roadmap for searching 1) local files and of 2) files stored on OneDrive for Business. I am a researcher and have hundreds of PDF documents stored locally but can't seem to get a good index of them built using native Windows...
  10. Onedrive local files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Onedrive local files: All of my Onedrive folders/files are set to "read-only". I went to properties on the Onedrive folder and cleared the checkmark on the read-only box. Applied the change to all floders/files. It appeared to go through all of them, but when I looked at any of the files they...