Windows 10: Photos app not recognizing people

Discus and support Photos app not recognizing people in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been trying the new photos people face recognition app and it seems quite inconsistent/ One time it works OK and now it doesn't work at all. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoC61, Aug 18, 2021.

1. JoC61 Win User

Photos app not recognizing people

I've been trying the new photos people face recognition app and it seems quite inconsistent/ One time it works OK and now it doesn't work at all. I've had it running for several days and its not collected a single face. I've tried turning it on and off, uninstalling and reinstalling. no luck Same across another PC***Original Title : Poeple App***

:)

JoC61, Aug 18, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Microsoft Photos app not recognizing faces in photos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the face recognition in Microsoft Photos app is not working properly after resetting the app. We will look into this for you. However, in order to get a better clarity on the issue, please reply with the following details:

• Which version of Photos app is installed on the computer?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?

The Photos app recognizes the faces from the contacts saved in the People app. If the Photos app is unable to recognize the faces in the photos then, I suggest you to try resetting the People app and see if that helps in resolving the issue:

1. Press and hold Windows key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps.
    3. Click on Apps & features.
    4. Scroll down and look for
      People
      app, click on it and click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Reset to reset the application.
    Note: Resetting the app will reset it to default settings. You will have to re-add the account to People app after resetting it.

If resetting the app didn’t fix the issue, I suggest you to manually add the contacts in People app whose face is not getting detected in the Photos app. You can refer the section
    Add contacts from the article
    People app help

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 18, 2021
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Aug 18, 2021
  4. Photos app not recognizing people

Microsoft Photos app not recognizing faces in photos

"The Photos app recognizes the faces from the contacts saved in the People app. If the Photos app is unable to recognize the faces in the photos then, I suggest you to try resetting the People app and see if that helps in resolving the issue:"

This is not the case. Photos identified SOME faces in my photos and I added these names to People app.

Photos should identify and group faces and ask user to confirm identity and add to People.

I have thousands of photos. Photo app found 8 people (involved in about 100 photos) and then no more. I added these people to People App but Photo app has stopped linking faces.

Others seem to have same problem with little response from MS.

RuaridhBrowne, Aug 18, 2021
Thema:

Photos app not recognizing people

1. Photos app not recognizing people - Similar Threads - Photos app recognizing

2. WIN 11 Photos App PEOPLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN 11 Photos App PEOPLE: I've been using the PHOTOS App, specifically the PEOPLE segment to identify family member groups of digital photos, and just in case others have struggled with the following topic, I thought I would post my most recent observations:To date, I have not discovered a way of...
  3. WIN 11 Photos App PEOPLE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN 11 Photos App PEOPLE: I've been using the PHOTOS App, specifically the PEOPLE segment to identify family member groups of digital photos, and just in case others have struggled with the following topic, I thought I would post my most recent observations:To date, I have not discovered a way of...
  4. people recognition not working on photo app

people recognition not working on photo app: people recognition not working on photo app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-recognition-not-working-on-photo-app/0fec91a3-4c62-4ffe-990d-cc072373ffe7
  5. Tagging people option in Photo App

Tagging people option in Photo App: I just purchased a new computer and just started to tag people from the over 270,000+ photos I have. Since I take a lot of photos there are certainly people I am not worried about tagging. Is there a way to ignore them so the app does not keep showing me these people? You...
  6. "People" feature of Photos app

"People" feature of Photos app: The "People" feature in the Photos app is only showing photos up to February 2018. How do I get that "People" feature to add photos taken after that date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-feature-of-photos-app/f96cef5d-d822-42b0-ba76-3b303590c500
  7. People tagging in Photo Preview app

People tagging in Photo Preview app: I'm using the preview Photos app and there's an option to view by People. Photos has identified about a dozen people and collated some photos of them so all I have to do is identify them and then I can easily find them again. I've two questions: 1 - when I run the app on...
  8. Photo App people tagging

Photo App people tagging: I have installed a new hard drive with a clean install of Windows 10 Home, Version 1809. I was hoping the photo app would re-scan my photos and tag them, but it seems to have halted with less than twenty photos tagged. The app does show all photos in my Pictures folder....
  9. Is it now possible to hide specific individuals recognized as people by Microsoft Photos app?

Is it now possible to hide specific individuals recognized as people by Microsoft Photos app?: This is kind of an important feature. There are way too many faces recognized. Most of which are pointless. A few I had rather not see highlighted in this section. I went through old threads and this capability was not available till November last year. I still cannot seem to...
  10. Photos app does not sync with People app.

Photos app does not sync with People app.: Ever since the most recent update (10-16-18), I am noticing that the Photo App, particularly the "People" function is all screwed up. I do NOT see images anymore above the names of each person. Plus, some of the people who I had previously Named are now showing up as "Add...