Windows 10: Photos app not showing 'Trim' feature.

Discus and support Photos app not showing 'Trim' feature. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've collected lots of clips to then trim down to a specific part to then throw into a editing software and make a compilation. They're all 2 minute... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HunchbackedAssasin, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Photos app not showing 'Trim' feature.

I've collected lots of clips to then trim down to a specific part to then throw into a editing software and make a compilation. They're all 2 minute clips captured with MEDAL for me to then Trim the part I need. I've done it before and the 'trim' feature showed on the recordings if I opened it in the 'photos' app. Now all it shows is Slow-Mo adding, create video with text, and the draw thing? Help? I've restarted pc.

submitted by /u/HunchbackedAssasin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HunchbackedAssasin, Mar 19, 2021

2. Photos app "trim"

I've always had issues trying to solve editing issues which really make 0 sense to me. the trim feature in photos is very simple and easy to use

but when i do trim a video and i check properties it didn't do anything the trimmed video becomes unplayable with a error of 0xc10100be. does anyone know what i can do? or do i have to reinstall Windows.

adonisCanseco, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Cannot save trimmed videos using the Photos App

I have a couple videos that I want to trim down in the Photos App; however, every time I attempt to trim the video, Photos would crash. After crashing, a trimmed file of the video would show up, but I cannot view the new clip.

KernelCatsup, Mar 19, 2021
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Photos app not showing 'Trim' feature.

Editing (trimming) a video in Windows 10's 'Photos' App automatically saves copy with wrong date.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forum.

I appreciate your interest in Photos app. We did try to reproduce the issue on our test systems and trimmed video was saved with the date and time on which it was edition. So the issue could be with photos app as you mentioned that you system time
    is correct. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store. You can also try to re-install the app
    using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can either install the app from the store or type the following command in PowerShell:
      Reinstalling apps: Get-AppXPackage -allusers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Regards,

Naresh_K, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Photos app not showing 'Trim' feature.

1. Photos app not showing 'Trim' feature. - Similar Threads - Photos app showing

2. photos app trim not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app trim not working: No matter what type or size of video, the default photos app trimming is not working, any way to fix it?I have seen some online solutions, even from forum answers, none of them seem to be workingsystem-legion pro 7i gen 8 16IRX8Hwindows 11 home single languagertx 4080 laptop...
  3. photos app trim not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app trim not working: No matter what type or size of video, the default photos app trimming is not working, any way to fix it?I have seen some online solutions, even from forum answers, none of them seem to be workingsystem-legion pro 7i gen 8 16IRX8Hwindows 11 home single languagertx 4080 laptop...
  4. Photos app not showing up in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app not showing up in Apps & Features: So basically, Photos was crashing, so I tried to fix it.I wanted to reset the app, but it didn't show up.I wondered why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-not-showing-up-in-apps-features/a10a6cb8-96e1-407d-b18f-eeafaa86f1f7
  5. Photos app not showing up in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app not showing up in Apps & Features: So basically, Photos was crashing, so I tried to fix it.I wanted to reset the app, but it didn't show up.I wondered why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-not-showing-up-in-apps-features/a10a6cb8-96e1-407d-b18f-eeafaa86f1f7
  6. missing trim option in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing trim option in photos app: The trim option is missing in the microsoft photos app. Windows 10 Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1415Microsoft Photos app Version 2021.21090.10008.0Here are the options that I have:And here are the options I believe I should have:As you can see, the trim option is missing from...
  7. Photos App won't trim a video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos App won't trim a video: I'm trying to trim down an .avi file so I can send a short clip through email, I know there are a myriad of options such as file hosting and cloud storage to solve this, but the bosses want it sent through email so thats what they're gonna get. My problem is when I trim it...
  8. Trimming With Photos App Error

Trimming With Photos App Error: [ATTACH] Whenever i go to trim a clip with photos, i get an error saying this... https://preview.redd.it/c61i2w41oup61.png?width=620&format=png&auto=webp&s=f91ddee957288cc0d69cc0e47dc52d3903af129f submitted by /u/Joeygalvin [link] [comments]...
  9. Trimming Videos in Photos app

Trimming Videos in Photos app: Sometime in the last calendar year, you went from being able to choose the location of where you wanted the trimmed version of your video to be exported to from the Photos app, to only being able to automatically save the trimmed video to the same location as the source...
  10. Precisely trim in photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Precisely trim in photos app: I am trying to edit a video in the photos app. I would like to know if there is a way to precisely trim it down to a specific frame. It always just reverts to the nearest start of a second in the video. If not does anyone know where I can go to do this? Thanks....