Windows 10: Photos App Not Working After Latest Features update

Discus and support Photos App Not Working After Latest Features update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The title says it all. I installed the latest feature update yesterday morning. Now, when I double click on a JPG image, I get a white screen and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StevenRS, May 31, 2020.

1. StevenRS Win User

Photos App Not Working After Latest Features update

The title says it all. I installed the latest feature update yesterday morning. Now, when I double click on a JPG image, I get a white screen and no image. I also tried to open the image by right clicking it and selecting "Edit with Photos." Again, the image doesn't open. Is this a known issue?

:)

StevenRS, May 31, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photos App Not Working After Latest Features update :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 31, 2020
  3. Microsoft "Photos" apps not working.

Hi,

Regarding your issue on photo app, we suggest to reset it and see if the issue will persist:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Apps.
    • Select Apps and Features.
    • Highlight Photo app and select Advanced option.
    • Click Reset.

Feel free to post back your response.

Phillip Pio, May 31, 2020
  4. abn505 Win User

Photo App Crashes

The latest Microsoft update on 8/28/2015 fixed the crashing problem.

abn505, May 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Photos App Not Working After Latest Features update - Similar Threads - Photos App Working

2. Latest Update To Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Update To Photos: My PC recently updated to the new version of Windows. The Photos app has done away with the "Spot Fix" feature in editing. This is one of the most important, basic features in editing. Why would Microsoft get rid of this feature? I can no longer edit spots out of my photos...
  3. After latest update numerous windows apps not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    After latest update numerous windows apps not working: After a windows update the following apps aren't working Microsoft Store Onenote for Windows 10 Photos And more that I don't really use Chrome and other apps that are not microsoft related still work....
  4. Apps not working after latest windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps not working after latest windows update: I installed the latest update a couple of days ago and since then most of my apps & programs in my start bar won't open. Clicking on most of them just gets no reaction at all, not even an error message or pop up, absolutely nothing happens. I can't open Netflix, Spotify,...
  5. Photo import is different after update and features not working

Photo import is different after update and features not working: After last update of Windows, I noted that Photo import had different look. It "imports" pics but then unfortunately the new options to select what to import do not work. It shows "None", with no photos selected, and the other options "only since last import" and "all" are...
  6. Latest Feature update

Latest Feature update: I have noticed for a while that the latest feature update has been available to be to download. I do not want to be too quick off the mark in case there are bugs in it. Is it possible that it will download at some point without my intervention?...
  7. Latest feature update

Latest feature update: Are others having problems getting homepage and other sites to open? At times my PC just freezes. I have uninstalled the new Net Framework 3.5 and 4.8, version 1903 and reinstalled it. I'm still having the same problems. Does anyone have a fix?...
  8. Photo enhance feature not working on Microsoft Photo App

Photo enhance feature not working on Microsoft Photo App: Good morning all. Got in touch with @MicrosoftHelps via Twitter who suggested downloading an add on called Photos Media Engine Add-on.Downloaded it this morning and have tried the enhance feature on a good few different photos from different folders etc.Pleased to say all...
  9. Microsoft Photos App stopped working after latest 1/2/19 update.

Microsoft Photos App stopped working after latest 1/2/19 update.: I am very frustrated with Windows 10 at this time. The Microsoft Photos App has stopped working after the latest so called "critical" update from Microsoft. I have tried ever fix I have found on this forum. I have tried recovery. I have tried to reset the App. I have...
  10. Start and type feature not working with latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start and type feature not working with latest update: Hi, I am running windows 10 x64 pro. There were recent updates that were installed. I am not stuck with an irritating problem. I am used to, and like, the feature where I can push the start key and then type what I wanted to run. For example I could push start and type chr...