Windows 10: "Photos" app only outputs 1080p, not 4K.

Discus and support "Photos" app only outputs 1080p, not 4K. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Pro and need help with a problem. I have used Windows Movie Maker to edit videos for years and have never once had a problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WalleBot, Jun 5, 2019.

1. WalleBot Win User

"Photos" app only outputs 1080p, not 4K.

I am running Windows 10 Pro and need help with a problem. I have used Windows Movie Maker to edit videos for years and have never once had a problem. Now I have Windows 10, and Movie Maker has been replaced with the Photos app. So I have been using the Photos app for editing and am running into a problem: Even when exporting to Large size, it is only in 1080p. I need 4K resolutions for my videos. How can I export 4K videos? Or else, install Movie Maker (without a VM)?

:)

WalleBot, Jun 5, 2019

2. Dual Monitor Setup issues - 4k and 1080p combination

The issue is worse than it seems at first. I have a 4k display (200%) scaling and a 1080p display (100% scaling) and even office apps look blurry on the 1080p display. If I unplug the 4k display and reboot the problem goes away. I believe the problem is
    present on all apps and is a system issue. It's been suggested that to get the 100% scaling everything on both monitors is generated at 200% and then the part on the 1080p display is downsampled to 100%, resulting in the poor quality.

As it is Windows 10 is almost unusable with a very different DPI dual monitor setup.

RichardLittlewood, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Mokubai Win User
    Cloning a 4K panel to a 1080p monitor

I'm not entirely sure that this can be achieved with built in software, the "cloned" output expects to put out the exact same picture on multiple ports.

This means you either need

1. to have it at 1080p and let the 4k screen do upscaling or, if you still need the 4k resolution,
    2. you need to downscale the image for the 1080p monitor.

For the downscaling solution something like a hardware 4k to 1080p converter box would do the trick. Something like this 4k to 1080 up/downscaler.

These kinds of bits of hardware should not be significantly expensive, but I think it is the only way it is going to work in practice.

Mokubai, Jun 5, 2019
  4. "Photos" app only outputs 1080p, not 4K.

4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop

Hi I have a quick question (hope this is the right category). I recently purchased a Dell 4k monitor (P2415Q) to use on my Asus 1080p laptop. I did noticed that I was able to stream 4k video online fine (extended display mode), however I will be using the
    4k display mainly for photo viewing/editing. Because my laptop is 1080p, does that mean the default windows 10 Images software will display my images in 1080p format? Or will it convert to the 4k due to the monitor? After trying to research this question online
    I just got all confused and am probably overthinking this question. Thanks!

SeanEldridge, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

"Photos" app only outputs 1080p, not 4K.

1. "Photos" app only outputs 1080p, not 4K. - Similar Threads - Photos app outputs

2. Problems with printing photos - only in Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with printing photos - only in Photos app: Hi. I have recently gotten a Surface GO through work, and have issues with printing. I can print documents without problems, and same wth photos via Paint. But when I try to print one or multiple photos through the Photos app the file is sent, the file is received by the...
  3. Combo jack How to force output only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Combo jack How to force output only: i've been having this question since i use laptops, but now it started to bother me, because i use my earphones to chat on my pc, but the audio quality of the mic on them is really bad. Is there a way to make windows not to recognize audio input from the jack?...
  4. 4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop: Hi I have a quick question (hope this is the right category). I recently purchased a Dell 4k monitor (P2415Q) to use on my Asus 1080p laptop. I did noticed that I was able to stream 4k video online fine (extended display mode), however I will be using the 4k display mainly...
  5. Win10 Photos App - Video not showing; only green screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Photos App - Video not showing; only green screen: Hi, I'm using the Win10 photos app to create videos using existing video files and images. Previously I could preview the video that I've created. However after a windows update this morning, the video is not showing anymore [only the audio plays] and I get a green screen....
  6. 4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4k TV Black strips on the side - only fullscreen: Hello Everybody, For my first thread on this forum, I have a little issue with the display of my computer on a 4k TV screen. Actually, windows fits perfectly on my 4k TV. No black stips. However, when I put for example a youtube video on fullscreen, it doesn't cover all the...
  7. only static sound in audio output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    only static sound in audio output: goodday, I own a homebuilt PC with a Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 Motherboard. I've bought this one from a friend of mine and did a clean install of windows 10 64 bit before I bought it. after installing the pc everything works perfectly except the audio. when I plug in...
  8. GTX 1060 Will only output 3 monitors.

GTX 1060 Will only output 3 monitors.: Hi Guys, System specs: [img] Monitors: 4x 25" LG Ultrawide IPS Full-HD Monitor - 25UM58-P 2560 x 1080 I am trying to run the 4 LG monitors from the GPU using 3x DP1.2-HDMI and 1x HDMI-HDMI. I am currently unable to achieve any output from the one same DP...
  9. 4K resolution through a VGA cabel with a 1080p TV?!

4K resolution through a VGA cabel with a 1080p TV?!: I connected my PC to my 1080p TV and when I went to the setting I saw that 3840x2160 resolution is available, even at 60 Hz. How is that possible? It's even through a VGA cabel, which supports a maximum res. of 2048x1536. Last time I connected the TV the maximum res....
  10. 1080p PC Gaming on 4K HDTV?

1080p PC Gaming on 4K HDTV?: I'm going to be investing in a new HDTV for my gaming PC. I currently use a 50" Plasma but I would like something bigger. I plan to go with a 60-65" LED HDTV and I plan to game using 1080p resolution regardless of whether I purchase a 4K HDTV or a 1080p HDTV. The question I...