Windows 10: Photos App opens with blank / black screen

Discus and support Photos App opens with blank / black screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Photos App open with blank / black screen. Just started recently and is sporadic. I have re-installed, still does it, and it is sporadic .. not clear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Richard Denney, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Photos App opens with blank / black screen

Photos App open with blank / black screen. Just started recently and is sporadic. I have re-installed, still does it, and it is sporadic .. not clear if its associated w/ file size, type, or whatever. The app open with a black screen I have dark mode on. I have to close and reopen image then comes up. Files on are on desktop. Windows 10 on a high-end Dell.

:)

Richard Denney, Jul 25, 2020

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Photos - black screen

Photos opens as black screen, uninstall option grayed out. Tried repair ;and troubleshooter just tired loading for a couple of hours. It is not listed in store apps.

Has it been discontinued? is there a replacement.

If I open a photo, that opens the app and I have imported the latest photos taken.

Regard

Martin Nicol

MartinNicol, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Photos App opens with blank / black screen

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Photos App opens with blank / black screen

1. Photos App opens with blank / black screen - Similar Threads - Photos App opens

2. Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank/Black Screen: I was updating windows and then ran into a huge problem. When I turn on my PC it looks normal at first. Then it pops up with the a blue screen with time and date. Then I press enter and it goes to the login screen. From there the screen turned black after I try to login. Not...
  3. Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank/Black Screen: I was updating windows and then ran into a huge problem. When I turn on my PC it looks normal at first. Then it pops up with the a blue screen with time and date. Then I press enter and it goes to the login screen. From there the screen turned black after I try to login. Not...
  4. Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Photos App opens with black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App opens with black screen: Good day I am experiencing a problem where the Windows 10 photos application is opening black images and this started a couple of weeks ago. The files can be opened on a different machine and I can also open the files using IrfanView on the same PC Dell Vostro 3500 with...
  6. Windows 10 photo app black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 photo app black screen: If I open a photo from windows explorer, exit out and open another photo. Do this around 3-10 times, the next time the app opens will be a black screen. I'd have to click the x, wait a few seconds before I can open another photo up again. Then the cycle repeats. Is this...
  7. Getting blank/black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting blank/black screen: I wonder if anyone can help me. I am running Windows 10 on Toshiba Satellite laptop. After entering my password the screen goes blank and no operations are possible. I have tried the in built Windows recovery options but using the repair option it eventually returns to the...
  8. White blank screen when open an app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    White blank screen when open an app: I got white blank screen when open some program, but it's still click-able button if i can found the button location. Like if i click the "cancel" button it will close the program like if its normal. this is the example of "white blank screen" when i run docker. It's not...
  9. Photos App Remains Blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos App Remains Blank: It is several moths that Photos app no longer is able to find a single photo. It also has my OneDrive greyed out as though cannot log me in or cannot understand I am logged in. So in Settings "Show my cloud only content from OneDrive" is greyed out. Then this app by itself...
  10. Screen is blank. Nothing but black.

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen is blank. Nothing but black.: Ok, I had a problem with my start button not working so I followed a video which suggested to go into config and click on safe mode and restart the computer. well since then the computer starts but nothing but a black screen. Tried pressing all the f numbers, f8 etc and...