Windows 10: Photos App problem. Video edited on old computer, how to access the file??

Discus and support Photos App problem. Video edited on old computer, how to access the file?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a laptop that recently died. I had been using the video editor on the photo app to make simple videos of some trips I went on. The videos took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/joedotts, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Photos App problem. Video edited on old computer, how to access the file??

I have a laptop that recently died. I had been using the video editor on the photo app to make simple videos of some trips I went on. The videos took forever, mainly due to sorting through tons of videos. I am able to access the old HD on my new computer via an enclosure. How can I access this video project??

I've traced it down to a MediaDb.v1.sqlite file, but now I'm not sure what to do. I could be on the way wrong path.

submitted by /u/joedotts
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/joedotts, Dec 3, 2020

2. Can't edit text in Video Editor App

Can't edit or add text in any Video frame or title card.

I have tried following steps:

1. Upgrading Windows to latest build
    2. Repairing the Photos App
    3. Re-installing the Photos App
    None of the above steps worked for me. Please let me know if anyone has a solution.

faizan8684, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Editing an existing Project MP4 File to reduce the content and change the name of the Project

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Follow these steps and check if that helps:

• Right click the file and select ‘open with’ to click on Photo app. This will open the file in the Photo app.
    • Now that you have opened the video file with the Photos app, click Edit & Create, and then click Trim option.
    • Finally, click ‘Save a copy’ option to create a new video file by omitting the trimmed portion of the video. The new video file can be found at the location of the original video.
    Suggest you to refer this article to edit a photo and check if that makes any difference.

Edit photos and videos:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/27916

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

Photos App problem. Video edited on old computer, how to access the file??

Photos app crashes when attempting to edit

Hi,

It appears that you're having problems using your Photos app. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, kindly provide answers to the following:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before the problem started?
    • Are you getting any error messages when the app crashes?
    • Does the issue happen to all the photos that you're trying to edit regardless of file type and size?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the problem?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Photos App problem. Video edited on old computer, how to access the file??

1. Photos App problem. Video edited on old computer, how to access the file?? - Similar Threads - Photos App problem

2. Editing videos in Photos?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Editing videos in Photos?: I usually use the Photos app on my laptop to split and remove pieces of videos. However, I just got a new laptop and I can't seem to figure out how to do it on the version of Photos on here. Has Photos updated recently? Was that feature removed? I see that I can trim but I...
  3. Looking for Good Photo & Video Editing App.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for Good Photo & Video Editing App.: To, Microsoft Community Hi, this is Gavin. Using Microsoft Windows 10 OS, Version 20H2 OS Build: 19042.572. I am looking for Good Photo & Video Editing App, where i can edit My Photos & Video. Which one is the best in Windows 10. Any recommedition or suggestions....
  4. Cannot edit videos with Photo App

Cannot edit videos with Photo App: Hi, the photo app in my new acer swift3 laptop does not allow any video edit functions, unlike my previous Acer laptop. I've tried several things: 1 Check windows update several times to confirm that I have all latest patches updated 2 Tried to install Photo app again, but...
  5. Photos App video editing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos App video editing: Spent an hour about a month ago trimming editing and adding BGM to a video, spent about an hour working on it, and when I rendered it seems like the app added this hue layer to everything, it made the sky purple or green in some cases, and made the water look pink. It was...
  6. Photos App not working for video editing

Photos App not working for video editing: After spending an hour editing a video, when I tried to complete it like I have many times I got an error message about disk space. I have plenty of disk space so I did a restart. I tried to complete the video again and got error message 0x887A0005 that I need to update my...
  7. Photos app - creation or editing of videos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photos app - creation or editing of videos: I have purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 Home 1903 version not an "N" version as far as I can see. The Photos app does not allow the creation or editing of videos, despite updating the app. This is really important to me. Is there a media pack or something else I can...
  8. Editing a Video in Photos

Editing a Video in Photos: Hello, all! I used to be able to "trim" a video in Photos, but now I am unable to do so. It won't let me save it at all. I can exit out, but the "save as" button is not on and will not work. I used to do this all the time! I also tried to use Video Editor and uploaded...
  9. How to use Photos to edit videos

How to use Photos to edit videos: Is this where I can ask questions about the Photos app on Windows 10. Iwant toedit videos I take with the camera on my cellphone? o https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-photos-to-edit-videos/502610e6-aa36-42d2-a00e-65dce0da3ed5
  10. Photos App Video Editing

Photos App Video Editing: I have a problem when i add a 3d effect to a video I cant move it or resize it after adding it. I tried to fix the problem and to reset the app from the WINDOWS TROUBLESHOTER, but nothing have changed. when i click the effect to drag it , it's acting like I'm pressing on...