Windows 10: Photos App Puts New Images in Wrongly Dated Folder.

Discus and support Photos App Puts New Images in Wrongly Dated Folder. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have the Photos app set to save new images into a new folder for that day's date, however, it persistently saves them to the previous day's folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MelB, Jan 4, 2018.

1. MelB Win User

Photos App Puts New Images in Wrongly Dated Folder.

I have the Photos app set to save new images into a new folder for that day's date, however, it persistently saves them to the previous day's folder. When I first installed Win 10, the app re-dated many of my photos to 2028, but I can alter that.

I've checked my system and camera times and both are correct. I've also reset the app through 'Settings/Apps & Features', but still it dates everything a day earlier. It may seem minor, but I do regularly use the dated folders to search.

I also looked on the Microsoft forums, but no-one came up with a sensible answer. Any ideas, anyone, please?*Rolleyes

:)

MelB, Jan 4, 2018
  2. Gavin48 Win User

Windows 10 photo app - wrong dating by the app.

Hi,

Some photos in my Photo App Collection have been wrongly dated by the app. The dates shown are 2018 and 2019 and yet the photos were actually dated and taken in 2013. The photos were imported by me from another computer - also windows 10. Because the
    app organisation is driven by dates these pix always appear above my most recent downloads. How can I change the photo dates in the app?

Gavin48, Jan 4, 2018
  3. mccbleue Win User
    Pictures save location A0 folder

The photo gallery is based on a database, not the file structure - it is just a coincidence that the images taken with the camera are stored in dated folders. Only images taken with the camera will be seen in the monthly galleries, other images that you
    import to the phone will not appear their even if you put them into the standard folders.

mccbleue, Jan 4, 2018
Thema:

Photos App Puts New Images in Wrongly Dated Folder.

1. Photos App Puts New Images in Wrongly Dated Folder. - Similar Threads - Photos App Puts

2. Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date: I recently added a large batch of photos to my PC that were previously in Google Photos.I like to use the Microsoft Photos app to view my photos by date, but the added photos are all showing up under the date that I added them Oct 22, rather than by date taken January 2019...
  3. Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date: I recently added a large batch of photos to my PC that were previously in Google Photos.I like to use the Microsoft Photos app to view my photos by date, but the added photos are all showing up under the date that I added them Oct 22, rather than by date taken January 2019...
  4. windows photos app - it sorts from the wrong date property

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows photos app - it sorts from the wrong date property: Hi, i recently used google takeout to download my google photos. I saved them in pictures and they succesfully showed up in the photos app. But they are not sorted. In order to be sorted i want it to use the "media created" date from "Details" when you click properties. They...
  5. windows photos app - it sorts from the wrong date property

windows photos app - it sorts from the wrong date property: Hi, i recently used google takeout to download my google photos. I saved them in pictures and they succesfully showed up in the photos app. But they are not sorted. In order to be sorted i want it to use the "media created" date from "Details" when you click properties. They...
  6. Photos App won't import to a folder with the date anymore?

Photos App won't import to a folder with the date anymore?: Ever since a few days ago whenever I import photos within the app it won't import to a folder with the name of the folder being the date the photos were taken. Now If I want to import my photos it simply puts each individual photo onto the desktop? How Can I fix this?...
  7. Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10: I cannot get Windows 10 to let me change the dates on photos that are wrong. I cannot get Photo Gallery or Windows Essentials 2012. I cannot see where I can open a dialoque box that allows me to open up a box for date taken and not date created....
  8. wrong "date created" in photos app and won't let me change the date

wrong "date created" in photos app and won't let me change the date: I can't change the "date created" on several photos and videos. After import from my iphone to Onedrive, they show "date created" the date on which I imported them from the iphone e.g. 1/25/2019 "date modified" the actual date created e.g. 6/14/2018 When I use the left...
  9. Windows 10 Photos app displaying wrong dates.

Windows 10 Photos app displaying wrong dates.: I'm uploading photos/videos from my iPhone from a trip I just got back from. All events took place in August, but the photos app is marking many as September. Even some photos (Aug 12) that are older are marked as September while newer photos (Aug 25) are marked as August. My...
  10. Windows 10 photo app incorrect dating of folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 photo app incorrect dating of folders: Hi there. I see various other posts of a similar nature. I'll try to explain the problem I'm having and post a screen shot to help illustrate. The issue is this. I have photos and videos on a Canon Camera which I have imported using windows 10 app: Photos, but some of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone photos wrongly dated