Windows 10: Photos App Remains Blank

Discus and support Photos App Remains Blank in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It is several moths that Photos app no longer is able to find a single photo. It also has my OneDrive greyed out as though cannot log me in or cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MesbahJavid, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Photos App Remains Blank

It is several moths that Photos app no longer is able to find a single photo. It also has my OneDrive greyed out as though cannot log me in or cannot understand I am logged in. So in Settings "Show my cloud only content from OneDrive" is greyed out. Then this app by itself adds several folders on my hard drive which are picture folders of OneDrive to Photos but still it is unable to find any photos. Any solution? Photos app shows me not logged in and does not let me login. As soon as login popup open it disappears.

:)

MesbahJavid, Sep 28, 2018

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 30, 2018
  3. How to turn off Windows 10 Photo App?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the photo gallery as default app and check if it helps. You may follow the steps below.

• Go to settings select System.

• Click on default app and select defaults by app.

• Now select Photo gallery as default app.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Photos App Remains Blank

How do I move photos from the my photo app to the pictures folder on the C drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and right click on the photo.

• Select Open Folder.

• From there you will be able to copy all the photos to C: drive

Arun B J, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Photos App Remains Blank

1. Photos App Remains Blank - Similar Threads - Photos App Remains

2. my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer will boot up but the screen remains black and blank: My computer was working fine a few days ago but I restarted it and now when I turn it on its just a black screen. It is not an issue with the cables or my monitor, I can even get my mouse to appear on the screen. I have tried to clean the ram and switch it around. I have also...
  3. Microsoft Photos app when i open network jpeg/photo files its remain blank nothing display,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos app when i open network jpeg/photo files its remain blank nothing display,...: Hi,Win11 home sl facing wired issue which wasnt case before formating devicewin 11 home sl lenovo all in 3 machineWhen user try to access via network drive, open any photos/jpeg while i click and open in microsoft photos appapp open but blank no images comeMind u i in preview...
  4. Microsoft Photos app when i open network jpeg/photo files its remain blank nothing display,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos app when i open network jpeg/photo files its remain blank nothing display,...: Hi,Win11 home sl facing wired issue which wasnt case before formating devicewin 11 home sl lenovo all in 3 machineWhen user try to access via network drive, open any photos/jpeg while i click and open in microsoft photos appapp open but blank no images comeMind u i in preview...
  5. Windows photo viewer app appears blank fhotos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows photo viewer app appears blank fhotos: Good morning.. I noticed lately that when I open photos with the windows viewer sometimes appears blank. I have to close the view and reopen the photo with the program to display it correctly. This happens in png and jpg files which are the only files I have. Why does it...
  6. Photos App opens with blank / black screen

Photos App opens with blank / black screen: Photos App open with blank / black screen. Just started recently and is sporadic. I have re-installed, still does it, and it is sporadic .. not clear if its associated w/ file size, type, or whatever. The app open with a black screen I have dark mode on. I have to close and...
  7. Blank photo icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blank photo icons: My photo icons on file explorer were displayed as the actual photo. Now they appear the same for about 2 seconds, then change to a blank box. I tried checking with default settings for photos and I can change the appearance to any of the icon defaults, but none of them are...
  8. PC screen remains blank. "black"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC screen remains blank. "black": The computer got stuck like hanged remains till half an hour, and then i press the power button to switch off and when i again it switch on the screen remains black till now. it about 2 hr of the same screen....
  9. My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey.

My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey.: My photo app has for Windows 10 has blanked out all of my photos. All of the folders and photos are still there, but it is just a blank grey. I do not think I have done anything to change any settings. I have not downloaded anything. When I try to view a photo, the viewer...
  10. My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey.

My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey.: My photo app has blanked out all of my photos to grey. The icon on the toolbar is also blanked out in grey. The photos still exist (I think) because they are all still represented in the same spaces in the same folders. It is just that it is a plain grey space. When I double...