Windows 10: Photos App Restore original version

Discus and support Photos App Restore original version in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The original Photos App was wonderful (Pre-2016). The updated version(s) are/where terrible. Someone provided a real working solution to restore the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KevinBillings, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Photos App Restore original version

The original Photos App was wonderful (Pre-2016). The updated version(s) are/where terrible.

Someone provided a real working solution to restore the original Photos App in a thread here a while ago but I cannot find that thread.

The method involved uninstalling and reinstalling the (ORIGINAL) Photos App using PowerShell without doing any roll back on the system itself. There was also a solution provided to update certificates to lock down the Photos App from ever being updated to any of the inferior newer versions. IT WORKED!! Now I cannot find the thread but need help since I have a new Windows10 machine in the house.

What shocks me is that to this day Microsoft has ignored the please of literally thousands of users who hate the updated versions of the Photos App. Since Microsoft has clearly abandoned it's customers with complete disregard for customer satisfaction, I am hoping that a user here can help point me in the right direction!!

MANY thanks in advance!!

:)

KevinBillings, Jul 19, 2019

2. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Jul 19, 2019
  3. App Photos

In this case, we suggest restoring your Photo app library to default. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer (you can open it from Start Menu, Search or taskbar).
    • Click on View tab.
    • Click on Navigation pane and choose Show libraries.
    • In the left pane right-click on Libraries and click on
      Restore default libraries
    • Open your Photos app again.

If you have additional questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 19, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Photos App Restore original version

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photos App Restore original version :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Photos App Restore original version

1. Photos App Restore original version - Similar Threads - Photos App Restore

2. Photos app does not show original photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app does not show original photo: I take landscape photos on my camera and they end up with a file called RAW. I open them in the Photos app, and it shows the original photo for about a second or so, but then switches to an automatic edited version of the same photo. How do I turn this off? It would REALLY...
  3. Photos app does not show original photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app does not show original photo: I take landscape photos on my camera and they end up with a file called RAW. I open them in the Photos app, and it shows the original photo for about a second or so, but then switches to an automatic edited version of the same photo. How do I turn this off? It would REALLY...
  4. Preserving original Windows 10 photo app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preserving original Windows 10 photo app: Hi - I was fortunate to have one Windows 10 laptop offline when the very good original photo app was blitzed by the new and worthless revamp in an update. I hoped installing the "legacy" version would be the solution but it isn't and is not a significant improvement on the...
  5. Preserving original Windows 10 photo app

Preserving original Windows 10 photo app: Hi - I was fortunate to have one Windows 10 laptop offline when the very good original photo app was blitzed by the new and worthless revamp in an update. I hoped installing the "legacy" version would be the solution but it isn't and is not a significant improvement on the...
  6. Does the built-in window photo app reduce the quality of original photo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the built-in window photo app reduce the quality of original photo?: My original photo is very clear and high resolution. However, it is a little bit dark, so I open the Windows Photo app to make it brighter and save a copy. When I take a look at the copied one the brighter one, I do not see any sign of quality reduction, but I wonder if the...
  7. Does the built-in window photo app reduce the quality of original photo?

Does the built-in window photo app reduce the quality of original photo?: My original photo is very clear and high resolution. However, it is a little bit dark, so I open the Windows Photo app to make it brighter and save a copy. When I take a look at the copied one the brighter one, I do not see any sign of quality reduction, but I wonder if the...
  8. Original OEM Licence Restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Original OEM Licence Restore?: If i were to create a restore point of my system with my original OEM OEM Liscence Text: Windows is activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account. Windows licence but then change it to another Liscence if i were to restore would it give me my old Windows...
  9. restore original doc.x

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restore original doc.x: trying to restore a doc.x that i accidently pasted the wrong doc onto. have tried all the help and restore functions but still saying it is not there.... anything i am missing??...
  10. Restore Thumbnail Backup Photos to Original Size

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Thumbnail Backup Photos to Original Size: I have found dozens of wanted thumbnail size photos (PNG files) on my old backup hard drive. The files have not yet been extracted. My question is how can I restore these thumbnail PNG files to original size? Thank you 87335