Windows 10: Photos app runs slowly, crashes when I try to upload

Discus and support Photos app runs slowly, crashes when I try to upload in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I try and upload photos and videos, say from my gopro, the app crashes. I have to go in and manually select up to at most 7 items to upload.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RaferS, Aug 21, 2020.

1. RaferS Win User

Photos app runs slowly, crashes when I try to upload

Whenever I try and upload photos and videos, say from my gopro, the app crashes. I have to go in and manually select up to at most 7 items to upload.

In addition, when I try and view the videos mostly videos, but also sometimes pictures the app runs incredibly slowly. My clicks are registered seconds after, the video will stay on one frame but play the sound, or the app will just crash.

I've tried using the troubleshooter and repair features from the advanced settings but they haven't caught the bug yet.

Is there a way for me to not lose all my data but fix whatever is wrong? Or is the best option to somehow export my entire library to a thumb drive, delete the app and reinstall? Is that possible?

:)

RaferS, Aug 21, 2020
  2. ben201 Win User

Windows Photos App crashes

So since today my Photos App is crashing as soon as i open it. It goes into a blackscreen for about 2-3 Seconds and than crashes.

Information about the error:
    This Crash is generating chrash dumps that contain the error code 0xC0000602 in module mrt100_app.dll or 0xc000027b in module twinapi.appcore.dll.

I found two intresting facts about the error:
    - If I try a system restore to a point created 3 days ago, the App starts working again. A few minutes after using the system, the app starts crashing again.
    - I created a new local account and the app does seem to work on that new account until now.

Steps I have tried:
    - Reinstall Photos app by uninstalling it using Powershell and rerisntalling it - did not change anything
    - Reregister the App - did not change anything
    - Scan the System with sfc and dism - no errors
    - Use System resstore - see above, did only work for a few minutes.

Microsoft Support suggested reinstalling Windows, but I do non really want to reinstall the whole system just because one app is not working...

ben201, Aug 21, 2020
  3. File Explorer Crashes and unable to access Photo App

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while accessing the photos from Photo App, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to copy the photos files to a different location and try to upload it as a profile picture on Outlook account and check if you are able to do it.

If the issue still persist, suggest you to troubleshoot the Photo App.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists then follow the below method:

Method 2: I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app
    using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in
      the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 21, 2020
  4. abn505 Win User

Photo App Crashes

The latest Microsoft update on 8/28/2015 fixed the crashing problem.

abn505, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Photos app runs slowly, crashes when I try to upload - Similar Threads - Photos app runs

2. photos app getting crashed when trying to save photos as copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app getting crashed when trying to save photos as copy: .Save option is working only save as copy is not working and get the app crash without any error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-getting-crashed-when-trying-to-save/64fd56c8-a159-4ba0-92b0-a49c6d888df0
  3. photos app getting crashed when trying to save photos as copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app getting crashed when trying to save photos as copy: .Save option is working only save as copy is not working and get the app crash without any error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-getting-crashed-when-trying-to-save/64fd56c8-a159-4ba0-92b0-a49c6d888df0
  4. Onedrive uploading slowly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive uploading slowly: Hi,I've just purchased my office 365 licence and trying to upload my data to onedriveBut, the rate of upload is about a tenth of my upload bandwidthThe problems was not present when I was using Onedrive for business through work accountAlso, the problem is not affecting any...
  5. Photo App Crashes when trying to change Destination.....

Photo App Crashes when trying to change Destination.....: When I connect a camera or insert a SD Card into the laptop, the Photo App opens and finds the new photos, then I click on "Change Destination" to create a new folder to store the photos, a dialog window opens and I create the folder, when i click on "Add this folder to...."...
  6. Windows Explorer/Chrome crash when trying to upload

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer/Chrome crash when trying to upload: Whenever I try uploading a file to any site using Chrome, it's supposed to bring up a windows explorer dialogue box for me to select my file. Unfortunately, the window that pops up always tries to open the most recently uploaded-from folder. In my case, that's often a network...
  7. Microsoft Photos App crashes when I try to import a video

Microsoft Photos App crashes when I try to import a video: Hi, I've been using the Photos app to import videos from my camera. The camera I'm using is a Canon EOS Rebel T3i. I've successfully imported many videos before I use USB connection, but for some reason, there's this one video I need to import that doesn't work. Whenever I...
  8. My phone app crashes when trying to see photos

My phone app crashes when trying to see photos: Hello! I've just installed the new "My Phone" companion app and I'm trying to see my phone's (One Plus 6) photos through the computer. When I'm clicking on the photos button, the app crashes after 5 seconds. After that, every time I'm opening the app again, it is stuck in...
  9. Photos App crashes when importing photos

Photos App crashes when importing photos: I recently got a new PC and when i am trying to import my photos from my Iphone Xs max, the app freezes to '3081 items found so far" and all i want are my photos on my pc. Can someone please help...
  10. Photos app crashes when trying to print

Photos app crashes when trying to print: Same issue - Windows 10 1709 X86 / X64 ( 300 + machines domain joined ) Some machines work some do not. error logs on a machine that does not work. App crashes when trying to print. Tried all above recommendations with no luck what so ever. Event ( Application Log )...