Windows 10: Photos app says Windows cannot find jpg file

Discus and support Photos app says Windows cannot find jpg file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Photos app says Windows cannot find any image file. Just says can't find XXXXX.JPG Opens OK in other apps. I've tried about 8 different remedies on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanC291, Sep 5, 2020.

1. DanC291 Win User

Photos app says Windows cannot find jpg file

Photos app says Windows cannot find any image file. Just says can't find XXXXX.JPG Opens OK in other apps.

I've tried about 8 different remedies on web. Reset, reregister, set 'This PC' option in File Explorer, Troubleshooter would be stupid if it were a live being'. This has gone on sine June with several updates in the interim. I tried a backup from May, no luck.

I've investigated File Explorer solutions too, but since they'll open ANY other graphics program including browsers, I don't think it's an Explorer issue.

It'll open in a photo program from the Store, but I'm determined to fix this rather than pay $5 Yeah, I agree.

:)

DanC291, Sep 5, 2020
  2. iko22 Win User

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Photos app says Windows cannot find jpg file [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Sep 5, 2020
  3. File Explorer Crashes and unable to access Photo App

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while accessing the photos from Photo App, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to copy the photos files to a different location and try to upload it as a profile picture on Outlook account and check if you are able to do it.

If the issue still persist, suggest you to troubleshoot the Photo App.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists then follow the below method:

Method 2: I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app
    using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in
      the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Photos app says Windows cannot find jpg file

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Photos app says Windows cannot find jpg file

1. Photos app says Windows cannot find jpg file - Similar Threads - Photos app says

2. No jpg file info in Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No jpg file info in Photos app.: File data, in particular GPS data, does not seem to be accessible using the Photos app in my Windows 11 Lenovo laptop purchased Nov. 2021. I can find file info by using the "properties" option, but not by using the Photos app. I do not see an option for file info in the...
  3. No jpg file info in Photos app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No jpg file info in Photos app.: File data, in particular GPS data, does not seem to be accessible using the Photos app in my Windows 11 Lenovo laptop purchased Nov. 2021. I can find file info by using the "properties" option, but not by using the Photos app. I do not see an option for file info in the...
  4. .jpg files will not open using MS Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .jpg files will not open using MS Photos app.: On Windows 11.Starting recently. attempts to open .jpg images causes the error message "...The specified module could not be found"". I rebooted but this didn't help. I ran Restoro but it found no issues. I checked and image files open using other apps such as Paint and...
  5. Windows Photos app cannot find photos on NAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos app cannot find photos on NAS: I have a photos folder on a connected Asustor NAS running v3.7x of the ADM and have successfully mapped the drive \\10.x.x.xx\photos to my computer using SMB CIFS/SAMBA. These files are mostly jpg, png, and bmp with RAW and TIFF thrown in. I can access that folder with no...
  6. Windows Photos app cannot find photos on NAS

Windows Photos app cannot find photos on NAS: I have a photos folder on a connected Asustor NAS running v3.7x of the ADM and have successfully mapped the drive \\10.x.x.xx\photos to my computer using SMB CIFS/SAMBA. These files are mostly jpg, png, and bmp with RAW and TIFF thrown in. I can access that folder with no...
  7. Photo App says it cannot open.

Photo App says it cannot open.: Photo App states it cannot open. Ways to reinstall the App. If I remove the existing app and reinstall the app will I loose all the currently saved pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-says-it-cannot-open/a4cfdfb3-9841-45f5-97c5-2a3f62f24e0a
  8. Photo App not finding photos in files

Photo App not finding photos in files: I recently downloaded several photos and videos which I had in Google Photos. Unfortunately when I attempt to import them the app does not recognise any of the photos. They are all JPEG or DJI. Does anyone have a solution to this issue?...
  9. Photos App. Video Editor cannot find files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App. Video Editor cannot find files: I've been using the Photo Apps Video Editor to create a travel movie. The project has taken me months of work. I updated windows and now I open my project and almost every single video on the timeline says "cannot find file". The original files were never moved and are still...
  10. cannot print JPG files in Windows Photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot print JPG files in Windows Photos: When I try to print in Windows Photos, I get an error message that says "...unexpected configuration problem 0x8007007e" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-print-jpg-files-in-windows-photos/11c3f5e4-2436-4e36-bf8f-831aa13a78a3