Windows 10: "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...

Discus and support "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want my Pictures library to show me all of my pictures. I assume that's part of the point of the library. When I go into the Library and add my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Reddemic, Aug 22, 2020.

1. "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...

I want my Pictures library to show me all of my pictures. I assume that's part of the point of the library.

When I go into the Library and add my folders, it adds the entire folder and everything in it. On a previous topic, one user suggested clicking "Optimize for Pictures", but all that does is change the view.

When I instead add the folder through the "Photos" app, it works--in the Photos app. But the Pictures library adds that folder and everything in it, pictures and non-pictures alike.

Windows is clearly capable of knowing the difference between picture file types and non-picture file types. That it works in the Photos app, as well as the default file type settings, are proof of that.

Is there any way to get the Pictures library to work (presumably) as intended and only incorporate the files that use picture file types, or am I stuck just using the Photos app for this purpose?

submitted by /u/Reddemic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Reddemic, Aug 22, 2020
  2. wallace99 Win User

Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Webcam doesn't show pictures in photos

Hello Gerrit,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As per the above description, I understand that the photos taken in the camera are not visible in the Photo App.

There are a couple of reasons photos and videos you expected to see in the Photos app aren't showing up. For example, if your files aren't in the Pictures library, the Photos app won't find them. Here are a couple of things to try so that you can see them
    in the app.

Move the files to the Pictures library:

• Press Start.

• Type File Explorer and then tap or click
      File Explorer
      in the results.

• Browse to the folder that contains your photos. (If your files are on an external drive, connect the drive to your PC.)

• Tap or click the File menu, and then tap or click Open new window.

• Drag or copy the folder or photos you want to see in the Photos app
      from the original folder into the Pictures folder.

If you have photos in another folder or drive and don't want to move them to the Pictures folder, you can add them to the Pictures library. To learn how, see “How do I add a folder to a library?” in
    Libraries: FAQ.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

"Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...

Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

"Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...

1. "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows... - Similar Threads - Photos app shows

2. Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?: Many of the photo files stored within the pictures folder on onedrive do not show up in the photos section.This seemed to occur after I got a new phone...
  3. Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are some photos in my onedrive pictures folder not showing in the photos app?: Many of the photo files stored within the pictures folder on onedrive do not show up in the photos section.This seemed to occur after I got a new phone...
  4. How to show a picture-on-picture folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to show a picture-on-picture folders: That was a question I needed answering.I went to 22h2, they automatically appeared,now back to 21h2, how do i show a picture in or on the plain vanilla folders....
  5. How to show a picture-on-picture folders

How to show a picture-on-picture folders: That was a question I needed answering.I went to 22h2, they automatically appeared,now back to 21h2, how do i show a picture in or on the plain vanilla folders....
  6. Photos in the photos app won't show up in pictures folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos in the photos app won't show up in pictures folder?: When I access the Photos app, I see my photos from my phone on there. But where are they saved exactly? Because they're not appearing in the Pictures folder......
  7. picture folder not showing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    picture folder not showing thumbnails: I transferred some photos from my phone to a flash drive using an otg adapter then I transferred them from flash drive to computer. I put them in my pictures folder on my hard drive. I have 2 hard drives. The ssd and hdd. I named my hdd E. So I made a pictures folder in that...
  8. Picture viewer doesn't show all the pictures.

Picture viewer doesn't show all the pictures.: When I open a folder with , let's say, 100 photos in it, I click on the first photo and I tap the right arrow to go to the next photo. After a random number of photos, the photos will skip ahead a random amount. Example:I'll open photo 1, then I'll tap the arrow, I'll see...
  9. Picture viewer doesn't show all the pictures.

in Windows 10 Support
    Picture viewer doesn't show all the pictures.: When I open a folder with , let's say, 100 photos in it, I click on the first photo and I tap the right arrow to go to the next photo. After a random number of photos, the photos will skip ahead a random amount. Example:I'll open photo 1, then I'll tap the arrow, I'll see...
  10. Photo App shows the same 5 pictures all the time

Photo App shows the same 5 pictures all the time: What's with Photo App live tile? It keeps showing the same 5 photos. Ron 50931