Windows 10: Photos app suddenly decided to give me a "weekend recap"... from 2017.

Discus and support Photos app suddenly decided to give me a "weekend recap"... from 2017. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/NoCommentGameplay [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NoCommentGameplay, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Photos app suddenly decided to give me a "weekend recap"... from 2017.

/u/NoCommentGameplay, Oct 29, 2019

2. Is the Photos App completely broken? It opens but crashes after 5 seconds.

There were so many errors in the system I just wiped everything and did a clean install. However, the Photos app still crashes immediately after opening it. I tried all the steps listed above and the problem persists. Creating a new user and doing a clean
    boot have no effect. The SFC scan reports no errors now, which is good, but the Photos app will not work despite trying everything that has been suggested. Also, the Troubleshooter for Windows Apps found no problems. Which is amusing, since there clearly is
    one.

To recap, despite trying all methods listed above, including a clean install to clear everything and make sure I have all current updates...Photos does not work.

I'd really like to hear a suggestion as to what to do next.

BrianBeagle, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Build 2017 Recap

Source: Build 2017 Recap | Microsoft Application Lifecycle Management

See also: Watch Microsoft Build 2017 Live Stream here May 10th to 12th 2017 - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Photos app suddenly decided to give me a "weekend recap"... from 2017.

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Photos app suddenly decided to give me a "weekend recap"... from 2017.

1. Photos app suddenly decided to give me a "weekend recap"... from 2017. - Similar Threads - Photos app suddenly

2. Updated Windows 10 Photo App no longer giving me the option to delete photos from my device...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updated Windows 10 Photo App no longer giving me the option to delete photos from my device...: Photo app in Windows 10 is no longer giving me the option to delete photos from my device after I import them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updated-windows-10-photo-app-no-longer-giving-me/86906483-2008-4277-85cf-b5ffbea3da76
  3. Windows 10 Photo App no longer giving me the option to delete photos from my device after...

Windows 10 Photo App no longer giving me the option to delete photos from my device after...: Photo app in Windows 10 is no longer giving me the option to delete photos from my device after I import them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-app-no-longer-giving-me-the/86906483-2008-4277-85cf-b5ffbea3da76
  4. Stop ‘Your Weekend Recap’ notification in Windows 10 Photos App

in Windows 10 News
    Stop ‘Your Weekend Recap’ notification in Windows 10 Photos App: [ATTACH]Windows 10 Photos App manages to show you events from the recent past via its ‘Your Weekend Recap’ notification. Although it’s a good reminder, many […] This post Stop ‘Your Weekend Recap’ notification in Windows 10 Photos App is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. photo app gives me helpmsg 2182

photo app gives me helpmsg 2182: I have been at this for months. My Photo app tile stopped working so I did a reset which deleted all my 50 people and 8000 faces in people section. It now only finds a dozen people. I have done troubleshooter, fix, reset, uninstall.reinstall the photo app dozens of times and...
  6. Windows 10 IT pro June 2017 resource recap

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 IT pro June 2017 resource recap: June was all about connecting directly with you, the IT professional; either through “Ask Microsoft Anything” (AMA) events in the Windows 10 Tech Community or by creating new resources—technical demos, blog posts, and documentation—in direct response to your feedback. We also...
  7. Microsoft Data Insights Summit 2017 Day 1 Recap

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Data Insights Summit 2017 Day 1 Recap: Wow! What a day we had yesterday at the Washington State Convention Center. It was a day full of fun, learning, and networking. Let’s take a quick look at what happened (assuming that is even possible to do in one blog post) and get ready for today. Keynotes [img]...
  8. Play Steep Free This Weekend March 10-12th 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Play Steep Free This Weekend March 10-12th 2017: [img] After months of updates, tweaks, and a free expansion that adds the peaks of Alaska’s Denali to its snowy open world, shredding down the pristine slopes of Steep is better than ever — and Xbox Live Gold members are about to get a chance to dive in for free, for a...
  9. Microsoft Data Insights Summit 2017 Day 2 Recap

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Data Insights Summit 2017 Day 2 Recap: It’s a wrap! The Microsoft Data Insights Summit is officially over but that doesn’t mean that we cannot continue enjoying the amazing content, sessions, and community activities that happened between Monday and Tuesday. Let’s try to summarize the day again (even if we can’t...
  10. Build 2017 Recap

in Windows 10 News
    Build 2017 Recap: It was a busy week for everyone last week at the Build 2017 conference in Seattle. Thanks to everyone who was able to attend the conference and stop by the DevOps area to talk about VSTS. Even for the people that were there in person it is impossible to catch everything, but...