Windows 10: Photos app suddenly has a lot of photos I can't delete

Discus and support Photos app suddenly has a lot of photos I can't delete in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I set windows media player as default and a bunch of photos downloaded to my laptop presumably from a shared album like one drive or something? and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ThugMuffin90, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Photos app suddenly has a lot of photos I can't delete

I set windows media player as default and a bunch of photos downloaded to my laptop presumably from a shared album like one drive or something? and I can't delete them. I keep getting the message "We couldn't delete one or more of the files. Another app might be using them, or you might not have permission to delete them." How do I get rid of this giant load of photos that suddenly appeared in my Microsoft Photos App?

:)

ThugMuffin90, Dec 3, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Deleting photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app or other app?

If you are referring to Photo app, follow the below steps and check.

[*]1. In the Photos app, go to the folder with the files you want to delete.
    [*]2. Do one of the following:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos and videos, swipe down on or right-click the files you want to delete. You can also tap or click
      Select all.
    • If you open a photo or video, swipe up from the bottom or right-click to see the app commands.

3. Tap or click
    Delete.

You can also delete photos using the Camera app, the OneDrive app, or File Explorer.

The above steps are the only way to delete the photos.

If you are referring to a different app or form different location, help us with more information.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Photos app suddenly has a lot of photos I can't delete

Replacement for photo viewer

I just use the Photos app for a quick view, otherwise I use Adobe Lightroom to view and edit photos.

Steve C, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Photos app suddenly has a lot of photos I can't delete

1. Photos app suddenly has a lot of photos I can't delete - Similar Threads - Photos app suddenly

2. Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app: After the last Windows Update; the pernicious annoying bug in Windows 11 is back.You can delete a photo over and over but when viewing with Microsoft Photos; the image displays again and prevents scrolling through images in a subdirectory.This bug has been fixed by a windows...
  3. Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app: After the last Windows Update; the pernicious annoying bug in Windows 11 is back.You can delete a photo over and over but when viewing with Microsoft Photos; the image displays again and prevents scrolling through images in a subdirectory.This bug has been fixed by a windows...
  4. Can't delete multiple photos in app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete multiple photos in app: Hey everyone. I have a strange problem. I take lots of photos of my family. I then upload them to my computer and use the built-in photo app to review them, deleting the ones I don't like.I have found that as I scroll through the photos using the left-right arrows, I can...
  5. Can't delete multiple photos in app

Can't delete multiple photos in app: Hey everyone. I have a strange problem. I take lots of photos of my family. I then upload them to my computer and use the built-in photo app to review them, deleting the ones I don't like.I have found that as I scroll through the photos using the left-right arrows, I can...
  6. i cant delete photos via photo app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant delete photos via photo app: im using windows 10when viewing photos via photo app delete button does not delete photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-photos-via-photo-app/9f1acc0a-c235-47dd-9afd-d17f45509d2b
  7. i cant delete photos via photo app

i cant delete photos via photo app: im using windows 10when viewing photos via photo app delete button does not delete photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-photos-via-photo-app/9f1acc0a-c235-47dd-9afd-d17f45509d2b
  8. Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app: I was used to using Microsoft Photo and Video to sort all pictures made with different cell phones in the household. Now, I moved to Windows 11 and I have to use Microsoft Photos. Not an issue. However, if I navigate through pictures that are on another computer and I delete...
  9. Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app

Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app: I was used to using Microsoft Photo and Video to sort all pictures made with different cell phones in the household. Now, I moved to Windows 11 and I have to use Microsoft Photos. Not an issue. However, if I navigate through pictures that are on another computer and I delete...
  10. Deleting Photos app

Deleting Photos app: Windows 10 Home. 2004. Microsoft Photos. When trying to open image file message given is --- 'File System Error -2147163901}. I've tried to uninstall the app via -- Settings>Microsoft Photos>Uninstall but the option is greyed out. It was my intention to reinstalling...