Windows 10: photos app trim not working

Discus and support photos app trim not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; No matter what type or size of video, the default photos app trimming is not working, any way to fix it?I have seen some online solutions, even from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shiznoe, Feb 29, 2024.

1. shiznoe Win User

photos app trim not working

No matter what type or size of video, the default photos app trimming is not working, any way to fix it?I have seen some online solutions, even from forum answers, none of them seem to be workingsystem-legion pro 7i gen 8 16IRX8Hwindows 11 home single languagertx 4080 laptop GPUi9-13900HX32gb DDR5-5600receiving this error every time

:)

shiznoe, Feb 29, 2024
  2. Lester N. Win User

Windows Photos Trimming not working

Hi Rene_PY, Thanks for your response.

I'm sorry to hear that didn't work as well. I've found a similar issue here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Applicable to Windows 10 as well.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I suggest trying all the troubleshooting steps in the thread link above to see if that fixes this issue.

If none of the steps work for you. You may consider contacting AMD support to check if they have specific guidance or driver updates that can help with compatibility issues. Thank you.

Lester N., Feb 29, 2024
  3. martin Win User
    Photos app - trim a video - error

Hello, I am trying to use the built-in Windows 10 Photos app to trim a video. I have the video playing in the Photos app and click "Trim Video" at the top. I move the sliders to select the start and end points. I click "Save a copy" at top-right. The app says "It looks as though you don't have permissions to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy instead." Having just clicked "Save a copy", I am confused as to why this error message is appearing. I've tried copying the .mp4 to my VIDEOS folder on C: drive with the same result. Some research has suggested to run the Photos app as Administrator, but I can't figure out how to do that. Any suggestions on how to trim a video would be appreciated! Thanks,

martin, Feb 29, 2024
  4. Rene_PY Win User

Windows Photos Trimming not working

I recently made some updates to my PC hardware so I decided to reinstall my windows 10

Before that, I was using the trimming option on the photos APP just fine, it was working perfectly with no problems

After reinstalling my windows at the start it was also working fine but I realize that it was and older version of photos APP because when i was editing the HUD was different (it was the white one)

Now like 3 or 4 days ago I realized that it updated to the new version of the photos APP, and when I try to trim any video I open the video with Photos them i go to the editor option but when i try to save the trim video it just stay loading and nothing happens

I already tried repairing photos

I already tried resetting

I already tried the Photos Legacy

And i dont really know what to do at this point, i know that there is a lot of program that can trim videos but the one in the photos app was to good and simple that i dont really want to use another one, also the photos app uses the perfect codec to use to upload clips on discord

Can anyone help me with this

Rene_PY, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

1. photos app trim not working - Similar Threads - photos app trim

2. photos app trim not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app trim not working: No matter what type or size of video, the default photos app trimming is not working, any way to fix it?I have seen some online solutions, even from forum answers, none of them seem to be workingsystem-legion pro 7i gen 8 16IRX8Hwindows 11 home single languagertx 4080 laptop...
  3. Windows Photos Trimming not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos Trimming not working: I recently made some updates to my PC hardware so I decided to reinstall my windows 10Before that, I was using the trimming option on the photos APP just fine, it was working perfectly with no problemsAfter reinstalling my windows at the start it was also working fine but I...
  4. Windows Photos Trimming not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photos Trimming not working: I recently made some updates to my PC hardware so I decided to reinstall my windows 10Before that, I was using the trimming option on the photos APP just fine, it was working perfectly with no problemsAfter reinstalling my windows at the start it was also working fine but I...
  5. Windows Photos Trimming not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos Trimming not working: I have a video I want to trim, When I open photos, and click trim, the trim client opens, and it's all grayed out. When I click anywhere, it instantly crashes the whole app. Any ideas?...
  6. Windows Photos Trimming not working

Windows Photos Trimming not working: I have a video I want to trim, When I open photos, and click trim, the trim client opens, and it's all grayed out. When I click anywhere, it instantly crashes the whole app. Any ideas?...
  7. Trim option not working Photos/Movies & TV App

Trim option not working Photos/Movies & TV App: I've been using those for month to trim some vids quickly and worked perfectly, but on the last few days whenever I try, about two seconds after the trim screen opens up it freezes Not Working and then it closes itself or I have to use the taskbar to close.I tried going in...
  8. Trimming With Photos App Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trimming With Photos App Error: [ATTACH] Whenever i go to trim a clip with photos, i get an error saying this... https://preview.redd.it/c61i2w41oup61.png?width=620&format=png&auto=webp&s=f91ddee957288cc0d69cc0e47dc52d3903af129f submitted by /u/Joeygalvin [link] [comments]...
  9. Trimming Videos in Photos app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trimming Videos in Photos app: Sometime in the last calendar year, you went from being able to choose the location of where you wanted the trimmed version of your video to be exported to from the Photos app, to only being able to automatically save the trimmed video to the same location as the source...
  10. Precisely trim in photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Precisely trim in photos app: I am trying to edit a video in the photos app. I would like to know if there is a way to precisely trim it down to a specific frame. It always just reverts to the nearest start of a second in the video. If not does anyone know where I can go to do this? Thanks....