Windows 10: Photos App unable to scroll since W10 update

Discus and support Photos App unable to scroll since W10 update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Following the MS update KB4532693 yesterday, I am no longer to able to scroll through my photos through the 'Photos' viewer nor can I click through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TonyBent1, Feb 13, 2020.

1. TonyBent1 Win User

Photos App unable to scroll since W10 update

Following the MS update KB4532693 yesterday, I am no longer to able to scroll through my photos through the 'Photos' viewer nor can I click through them.

This happened before after an update but I cannot remember how I fixed it previously. It must have been fairly easy as I do not go into the bowels of the system to fix things, only use simple fixes without going into registry changes.

Can anybody help with this as I have a lot of photos and I use the app everyday being a keen amateur photographer?

TIA

:)

TonyBent1, Feb 13, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Photos app and scrolling issue

Hi, should work...does for me. Have you tried uninstalling, reinstalling Photos?

Presumably scrolling works elsewhere.

A couple of other people have reported this issue here- unresolved.

This one suggests an issue with a Logitech mouse:
    Windows 10 Photos problems (fixes? not alternatives) - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 Photos app slow scrolling

Hi Amit,

Corruptions may be the possible cause why the scroll was slow when using Photo app. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from increasing the no. of lines to scroll under Mouse settings to 50?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to to scan for corruptions and restore corrupted system files. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you perform the instructions in this

article
    to restore Windows corruption errors.

Feel free to post us back if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Photos App unable to scroll since W10 update

unable to scroll through photo file

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to scroll through photo file. I will help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• In which user account are you facing this issue?

• Is the issue specific to this photo file?

• What is the location of that new folder?

Sign out from the current user account, restart the pc and login to the Admin account or the MSA to test if that helps with this issue.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Photos App unable to scroll since W10 update

1. Photos App unable to scroll since W10 update - Similar Threads - Photos App unable

2. Microsoft Photos app scrolls weird.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos app scrolls weird.: Photos within a specific folder will either loop through photos I've already scrolled past, or completely skip others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-app-scrolls-weird/f967a84f-9cd0-4c71-be18-faa1577305f4
  3. scroll wheel will not work in Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scroll wheel will not work in Photos app: I want to open a photo and then scroll through to the precious or next photo. The photos app is set up to do that, but it doesn't work, it works for zoom Ctrl+scroll wheel. The most frustrating thing is that all the fix posts are outdated! this seems so simple, why hasn't it...
  4. Scroll bar missing in photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scroll bar missing in photos app.: When you open the photos app, it generally shows all the photos in a particular folder.Have attached a screenshot showing which item I am talking about. The question is how do I get it back if it goes missing. Now whenever I open the app it doesn't show the rest of the...
  5. Scroll bar missing in photos app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scroll bar missing in photos app.: When you open the photos app, it generally shows all the photos in a particular folder.Have attached a screenshot showing which item I am talking about. The question is how do I get it back if it goes missing. Now whenever I open the app it doesn't show the rest of the...
  6. Photo app doesn't scroll to next photos.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo app doesn't scroll to next photos.: Dear Sirs,Since last update of Windows 10, photo app doesn't scroll to next photos in both notebooks I have and with same photos. When selecting slides show, blinks and shows the same photo and left/right arrows do not scroll either.And without selecting show, the left/right...
  7. Touchpad not scrolling since the Windows update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not scrolling since the Windows update.: I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Since the update my touchpad won't scroll with two fingers like it did previously. I've tried looking up ways to solve this but they don't work. I think this problem occurs when I restart my computer. thank you....
  8. W10 Photo App not recognizing all photos

W10 Photo App not recognizing all photos: My live tile did not work well so I reset it and when I did ALL my 7000 photos and people in this photo app were deleted also . I cannot get the Photo app to again find the 50 people and the recognized people . It only finds a dozen people and a few picture for each. The...
  9. Photos app and scrolling issue

Photos app and scrolling issue: When I open a photo from the file explorer using the photo app I cannot scroll through the next photo. I just installed windows 10, and in my previous installation of windows 10 this wasn't a PROBLEM, AND ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY! Please help me fix it. I have already tried...
  10. Unable to type in W10 Cortana Search or Settings since recent updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to type in W10 Cortana Search or Settings since recent updates: Ever since I allowed a new set of Windows 10 updates to execute and restart a day or so ago, I have found that I can no longer use the search facility (Win-S), and search for specific items in Settings (Win -I), because as I type on those windows, no text appears. *Mad I...