Windows 10: Photos app - unable to slide through images in a folder

Discus and support Photos app - unable to slide through images in a folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After updating to Windows 11, I'm having a lot of problems with the Photos App. If I upload a new folder full of images, it will only open the one that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Marquand26, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Photos app - unable to slide through images in a folder

After updating to Windows 11, I'm having a lot of problems with the Photos App. If I upload a new folder full of images, it will only open the one that I click. On some of the other folders in pictures which have been there for a while, it will allow me to slide through and show the thumbnails. The photos are in the Pictures folder which is on Onedrive and I have clicked the option to make it all available offline so it stays locally on my computer. I've tried resetting the Photos app, but to no avail. When I can slide through the images, the next image loads up with a little blur. I have 32

:)

Marquand26, Apr 1, 2022
  2. philc43 Win User

Unable to use slide show or move photos on.

May I ask if you are using the Windows Photo App or if you are selecting and view via the slideshow function of File Explorer in Manage Picture Tools? The latter seems to use a different app and the slideview operation is controlled via a right click as shown below.

Photos app - unable to slide through images in a folder [​IMG]

Photos app - unable to slide through images in a folder [​IMG]

philc43, Apr 1, 2022
  3. photo app - How can I do a slideshow in an album? I only see the slideshow option outside of albums.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to the slide show option in the photo app?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps for the slideshow option and check if it helps.

• Open the “Photo App”

• Go to any three options “Collection”, “Albums” and “Folders”.

• Click on any “Photo” and press the key “F5” it will launch slide show.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 1, 2022
  4. Logan Win User

Photos app - unable to slide through images in a folder

Unable to use slide show or move photos on.

Thanks for your reply, I am not too clever with computers but to answer your question I am using windows ten but I am not using tens picture app.
    When I right click as you suggested I get a different set of options to the ones on your displayed, what I am looking at is View all photos, Share, Slideshow, Edit, Rotate, Delete, etc, etc.
    The response when I clicked on slide show was the picture kept repeating itself.
    Like I say this problem only effects a few folders so I might try reloading one of them onto a new folder

Logan, Apr 1, 2022
Thema:

Photos app - unable to slide through images in a folder

1. Photos app - unable to slide through images in a folder - Similar Threads - Photos app unable

2. Photos app - unable to slide through images in a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app - unable to slide through images in a folder: After updating to Windows 11, I'm having a lot of problems with the Photos App. If I upload a new folder full of images, it will only open the one that I click. On some of the other folders in pictures which have been there for a while, it will allow me to slide through and...
  3. Photo app slide shows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo app slide shows: I want to batch increase the time each photo is on the screen when I create photo slide show with music. I can increase the time for an individual photo but not the whole show....
  4. Photo slide show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo slide show: How do you override the slow, fast, and medium speed for advancing photos in a photo slideshow. I need them to advance at a specific speed that I set manually? How to do it?...
  5. Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App

Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App: I see a lot of threads about this subject but no clear answer When i go to Settings\Sources and when i try to add an other folder nothing happens When i click on import\From a folder nothing happens When i go to folders and click on add a folder nothing happens I tried...
  6. Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add folders to Microsoft Photo App: I see a lot of threads about this subject but no clear answer When i go to Settings\Sources and when i try to add an other folder nothing happens When i click on import\From a folder nothing happens When i go to folders and click on add a folder nothing happens I tried...
  7. Unable to remove Onedrive folder in Photos App !!

Unable to remove Onedrive folder in Photos App !!: I do not wish to have the Photos App show photos from ../users/my/Onedrive/pictures . Therefore, I removed the folder from the Settings>Sources. But then the folder comes back ! I remove it... it comes back.... and again ... again! Why does 'delete' not mean 'delete'!?...
  8. The Windows Photos app doesn't scroll through images in the same order that the folder is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Windows Photos app doesn't scroll through images in the same order that the folder is...: Tried googling but couldn't find a whole lot. Any fixes? submitted by /u/ThatSteemBloke [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f7rktd/the_windows_photos_app_doesnt_scroll_through/
  9. Opening an image in Photos causes it to flip through all images in folder

Opening an image in Photos causes it to flip through all images in folder: I have been having this problem for a few days now. When I open up an image the photo app will flip through all the images i have in the folder and then stop on the last one. I have restored to a previous state which fixed it for a day but the next day the issue was back. I...
  10. Unable to use slide show or move photos on.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to use slide show or move photos on.: I have been taking lots and lots of photos from old prints and imported them onto my laptop. I've had hours of fun categorising them, the majority of which requiring new folders. When I open one particular folder and view full screen the forward and reverse arrows are non...