Windows 10: Photos App unable to tag photos from camera

Discus and support Photos App unable to tag photos from camera in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have >25,000 pictures that I am trying to get tagged using the Photo App. But it totally fails to handle some of the folders I have given it. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gds101519gds101519, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Photos App unable to tag photos from camera

I have >25,000 pictures that I am trying to get tagged using the Photo App.

But it totally fails to handle some of the folders I have given it.

Now I have realised that Photo App has a problem with any image that I took with a Canon PowerShot A1300 camera, or with a HP PhotoSmart 215 camera.

I know that these are both old cameras, but the files are handled okay in the File Explorer.

So it seems to be a Photo App issue.

How does one get the appropriate people to at least know about the issue, yeah okay ideally fix it as well.

;-

***Original title: Photo App not handling images from Canon PowerShot A1300 and HP PhotoSmart 215 cameras***

:)

gds101519gds101519, Apr 8, 2021
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Remon Ont, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Photos App unable to tag photos from camera

Tags in Photos App

Hi Remon Ont,

I appreciate your response, although based on the links you've included it looks like I cannot tag a photo in the Photos App.

I will submit this as a suggestion in Feedback Hub.

Thank you,

Chris

Chris Dwan, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Photos App unable to tag photos from camera

1. Photos App unable to tag photos from camera - Similar Threads - Photos App unable

2. Tagging photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Tagging photos: Hello i need a program to search through my photo collection and do facial recognition, so will be presented with all photos that have Fred which I identified from a previous photo. Once I have all the Fred photos displayed, then by selecting all I can add the TAG Fred to the...
  3. Photo tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo tags: Good day team I have an HP laptop with windows 10 Trying to change tags in photos After making changes the old tags return Ray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-tags/93dae9f7-df07-4b75-98cd-69ba1807e405
  4. Photo tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo tags: In a previous version of Microsoft photo gallery I tagged 31 gig worth of pictures using the provided face recognition technology. After restoring from a back up hard drive into a new computer, I can not find any of my tag info. Where is it? Why does it not display in...
  5. Photo Tagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Tagging: Tagging photo was a breeze in my now defunct Picasa. I Have Photoshop Elements but the photo Organizer is buggy as hell. My question is how I tag a photo or a group of phots in Microsoft Photos Windows 10. Thanks....
  6. Unable to write on photos opened in Camera app

Unable to write on photos opened in Camera app: (Surface Pro 5) I used to be able to write directly on the photos I've taken when selecting from the preview (camera roll) image in the camera app. I could scroll through the camera roll and write on photos as I needed to. Now I cannot write on the pics opened through that...
  7. Photo App people tagging

Photo App people tagging: I have installed a new hard drive with a clean install of Windows 10 Home, Version 1809. I was hoping the photo app would re-scan my photos and tag them, but it seems to have halted with less than twenty photos tagged. The app does show all photos in my Pictures folder....
  8. Tagging Photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tagging Photos: I have a lot of untagged photos on One Drive. Is there a way I can tag multiple photos at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tagging-photos/35479a17-c720-4a4d-b523-f0fe2a96a375
  9. People tags in Microsoft Photo app from Store

People tags in Microsoft Photo app from Store: If I tag people in the Microsoft Photo app from Store. the tags are computer specific. They don't get written into the files EXIF data. So if you use that same photo on other devices (or just put it on onedrive and use it on mutliple pc's), all the tags are lost. How can we...
  10. Photo App--Unable to download from cameras or memory sticks

Photo App--Unable to download from cameras or memory sticks: I recently deleted my Card Reader app by mistake and since then I have been unable to download any photos. I have reloaded a USB 2.0 to my computer but am still unable to download photos . Please help...