Windows 10: Photos App - Very slow making my collection searchable

Discus and support Photos App - Very slow making my collection searchable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I have 2 computers with the Photos App installed. One seems fine and has found all my photos and the people found show under the people's section.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rudolph Scott, May 16, 2019.

1. Photos App - Very slow making my collection searchable

Hi. I have 2 computers with the Photos App installed. One seems fine and has found all my photos and the people found show under the people's section. On my 2nd computer it has only found 9 people even though i have told it the folders to look for pictures in. The only difference i can see is if I try and search for people i get a message "Making your collection searchable" (see attached) As can see I have over 190,000 pictures d this process is very slow!It looks like i will take forever to do this! Is this is whats causing the issue with people not appearing in the people section? If not is there a way to speed this process up. I do not remember an issue waiting for this on my other computer. Any help you an give is welcome. Thanks. Photos App - Very slow making my collection searchable 0274099c-a4ea-4681-b685-707f56326a5a?upload=true.jpg

:)

Rudolph Scott, May 16, 2019

2. "Making your photos searchable..."

I want to disable this function entirely. Is there any way to do this, short of uninstalling Photos?

(Or "Making your collection searchable," depending on your version of the app.)

Ian Patterson, May 16, 2019
  3. PHOTOS APP - MAKING PHOTOS SEARCHABLE FREEZES

Hi,

After the recent update i was pleased to see that face recognition software had been added to the photos app. I own a gaming PC and a 8h Gen Dell XPS i7. my collection of photo is around 45000.

The app on both machines starts making the collection searchable and then stops doing that. The app itself does not freeze it just stops making the images searchable in any way. On each machine the app has to be closed and re-opened for it to start ruuning
    that part again then arfter 10 minutes stops. If i close and re-open the app it does a few more then stops. Its highly frustrating.

I have re-installed the app on my PC and this helped for a while then stops. I have around 30000 photos to go.

Please advise on what to do.

JM

Jonathan Murray (jonathan), May 16, 2019
  4. Photos App - Very slow making my collection searchable

"Making your photos searchable..." crashes Photo app?

I have more than 200,000 photos on my Windows PC. The Photos App "Making your photos searchable..." feature seems to get stuck in processing all these photos. When I click the Search field, it seems to activate this feature. After about 5 minutes, the Photo
    app closes/terminates abruptly. No crash message is shown.

1. Is there a way to disable the image recognition feature? To confirm if this is what is causing the crash.

2. Is there a way to allocate more resources (processing/memory) to the image recognition feature so that I can leave the machine running overnight so it can analyze/index my photo collection. I am curious to see how this feature works with my photo collection.

José Oliver-Didier, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Photos App - Very slow making my collection searchable

1. Photos App - Very slow making my collection searchable - Similar Threads - Photos App Very

2. One Drive make my folder very slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive make my folder very slow.: Actually, I have two questions. 1. How can I let the status bar disappear beside my folder? 2. After I use the One Drive, the folder inside One Drive becomes very slow. I reinstalled the One Drive but the problem still exist. How can I solve this?...
  3. One Drive make my folder very slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive make my folder very slow.: Actually, I have two questions. 1. How can I let the status bar disappear beside my folder? 2. After I use the One Drive, the folder inside One Drive becomes very slow. I reinstalled the One Drive but the problem still exist. How can I solve this?...
  4. KB5018410 update makes my taskbar very slow

KB5018410 update makes my taskbar very slow: After I installed the KB5018410 update even the subsequent 22H2 update, there was a 500ms blank time per click to show the hidden icon. After uninstalling the update it worked fine. What caused it?...
  5. KB5018410 update makes my taskbar very slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5018410 update makes my taskbar very slow: After I installed the KB5018410 update even the subsequent 22H2 update, there was a 500ms blank time per click to show the hidden icon. After uninstalling the update it worked fine. What caused it?...
  6. Photo's very slow

Photo's very slow: I have all my pictures organized on my PC these are family pictures over 60 years in directories per year, per month, per event. Pictures, of course, became bigger over the years. Since a couple of months an upgrade of W10 or Photo's????? opening a photo with photo's FOR...
  7. Photos App is Very Slow

Photos App is Very Slow: I don't know why, but sometimes the Photos app takes a few minutes to load. Why is it so slow? MsPaint never takes more than a couple seconds to load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-is-very-slow/54e33a97-7436-4ed7-b315-59a7edc788f4
  8. Photos app collection empty

Photos app collection empty: This has been happening all month and can’t seem to fix it. In the photos app I usually add my folders from where my photos are stored and I would see them all. Now after adding my sources in the collection it just says “see all your memories in one place” like the folders...
  9. Searchable photo album

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searchable photo album: I am a landscaper. I would like to build a photo database offline of different plants. I would like to be able to search the database by keywords like "shade," "purple," "evergreen," etc. How can I do that?...
  10. "Making your photos searchable" stopes every 10 photos

"Making your photos searchable" stopes every 10 photos: The "making your photos searchable" function stopes every 10 photos. The only way to get it back is pausing the function and then to resume it. In the past I had experienced a lot of problems with this functions while it stopped working every time, or didn't work at all. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft Photos searchable very slow

2. making your collection searchable