Windows 10: Photos app / Video editor app crashes when open

Discus and support Photos app / Video editor app crashes when open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When i open my photos app or the default video editor, it just waits for a couple of seconds the windows turns black and crashes.I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by iBlaze, Jul 23, 2022.

1. iBlaze Win User

Photos app / Video editor app crashes when open

When i open my photos app or the default video editor, it just waits for a couple of seconds the windows turns black and crashes.I have tried everything: reseting the app, using the troubleshooter,reinstalling the appCould somebody help me with this?

:)

iBlaze, Jul 23, 2022

2. Video Editor in Photo app

The video editor is built right into the Photos app. So, if you have the photos app installed then you also have the video editor. If it is not showing in the start menu then Please open the photos app and look in the topmost options. You will find an option
    "Video Projects". Click on it, the Video Editor will open.

Photos app / Video editor app crashes when open 55f86d93-658f-4620-9a51-b9f5d4383468?upload=true.png

Jibesh_Saha, Jul 23, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    New video editor in Google Photos app

Source: A new video editor, plus enhanced editing features

Brink, Jul 23, 2022
  4. ben201 Win User

Windows Photos App crashes

So since today my Photos App is crashing as soon as i open it. It goes into a blackscreen for about 2-3 Seconds and than crashes.

Information about the error:
    This Crash is generating chrash dumps that contain the error code 0xC0000602 in module mrt100_app.dll or 0xc000027b in module twinapi.appcore.dll.

I found two intresting facts about the error:
    - If I try a system restore to a point created 3 days ago, the App starts working again. A few minutes after using the system, the app starts crashing again.
    - I created a new local account and the app does seem to work on that new account until now.

Steps I have tried:
    - Reinstall Photos app by uninstalling it using Powershell and rerisntalling it - did not change anything
    - Reregister the App - did not change anything
    - Scan the System with sfc and dism - no errors
    - Use System resstore - see above, did only work for a few minutes.

Microsoft Support suggested reinstalling Windows, but I do non really want to reinstall the whole system just because one app is not working...

ben201, Jul 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Photos app / Video editor app crashes when open - Similar Threads - Photos app Video

2. When will Video Editor be removed from the Photos App?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will Video Editor be removed from the Photos App?: Ever since the new version of the Photos app was released, the deprecated Video Editor app has remained in my all apps list. Since I cannot remove the Video Editor app from my all apps list without also uninstalling the Photos app, when will the Photos app finally be updated...
  3. When will Video Editor be removed from the Photos App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will Video Editor be removed from the Photos App?: Ever since the new version of the Photos app was released, the deprecated Video Editor app has remained in my all apps list. Since I cannot remove the Video Editor app from my all apps list without also uninstalling the Photos app, when will the Photos app finally be updated...
  4. Photos app / Video editor app crashes when open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app / Video editor app crashes when open: When i open my photos app or the default video editor, it just waits for a couple of seconds the windows turns black and crashes.I have tried everything: reseting the app, using the troubleshooter,reinstalling the appCould somebody help me with this?...
  5. Video editor and photo app immediately crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video editor and photo app immediately crashing: I had no issues, this commuter is not even a year old and this is terrible. Out of the blue. I have windows 11 that came with this computer. this absolutely suck. This needs a resolution. Repair, reset, none of the options work....
  6. Video editor and photo app immediately crashing

Video editor and photo app immediately crashing: I had no issues, this commuter is not even a year old and this is terrible. Out of the blue. I have windows 11 that came with this computer. this absolutely suck. This needs a resolution. Repair, reset, none of the options work....
  7. Video editor in the Photos app is missing

Video editor in the Photos app is missing: The video editing option in the Photos app seems to have gone, A link to an app called Clipchamp seems to be offered instead. Has the original video editor option really been removed?...
  8. Photo app video editor problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app video editor problem: Hi,I have put together a video compilation and when done, I could not back up the video project or export the video. I had these results:This is very frustrating. Please help. I didn't have these problems with Movie Maker....
  9. Video editor not found in photo app

Video editor not found in photo app: Hi, I can not find video editor in windows 10 . It is said this app included in photo app, but I can not find it. Is video editor available only at certain version of windows? I am using windows 10 home version. Thanks for the reply...
  10. Video Editor in Photo app

Video Editor in Photo app: I use the Video Editor in the Photo app on my old desktop pc almost daily, I have just purchased a new laptop and the Video Editor is not available on it, any advice ???...