Windows 10: Photos App Video Editor unable to import any file into video projects

Discus and support Photos App Video Editor unable to import any file into video projects in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In the Photo App video projects I'm unable to add anything "from this PC". Strangely I can add from "my collections" and I can use "open with" on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ClericInAKilt, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Photos App Video Editor unable to import any file into video projects

In the Photo App video projects I'm unable to add anything "from this PC". Strangely I can add from "my collections" and I can use "open with" on a picture or video to edit as well. The problem is the "my collections" seems to only allow sorting by date for some intensely frustrating reason.

So far I have

1- Updated Windows

2- Uninstalled the app (via Powershell) and reinstalled

3- Tried several files and file types

4- Checked permissions on one of the files. It's not read only and I have full control

All of the above were the only solutions I've been able to find online.

Any suggestions?

If I may give one getting old gripe. Back in my day we had the Windows NT and even XP which were much more solid than anything that's come out of MS recently.

submitted by /u/ClericInAKilt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ClericInAKilt, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Tanner_BT Win User

Video Editor

I am using MS Video Editor and am working on a project that has both videos and .jpg pics. When I went to open the editor, the project would load, it shows the pics and videos I have loaded into the project, but the Storyboard wouldn't load. It looks
    like the app is trying to load the storyboard, but after a few minutes, the app shuts down. I followed the steps online to repair and reset and have now lost my work, but I want to be sure the app is working properly and there are no issues with it before
    I start and rebuild the project. Also, the app autosave my work, where does it put the saved Storyboard file?

Tanner_BT, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    Video projects in photo app

Hi there, thanks for your question.

Once you've finished creating your video in the Photos app, you can follow these steps to finalize it:

- Select Export or share.

- Choose a file size.

- When it’s ready, select Share to social media, email, or another app.

More information on video projects in the Photos app here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/17205/...

Please let me know if you need further support! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Feb 12, 2020
  4. henryrc81 Win User

Photos App Video Editor unable to import any file into video projects

Loss of Video and Photo files in Photo App.

I shot a video project and imported all of the files too my laptop through the Photos App. A couple days later I go open the Photos app and a lot of my photos and mainly video files were no longer in my Photo collection. When I tried importing more footage
    through an SD card into the Photo app, it only imported 1-2 files out of the 100 that I was trying to import in total. Recently I defragged my drive and have updated all of my system and apps along with resetting the photos application and still see this issue.
    Could have defragmentation done this?

Any suggestions on how I can get these files back?

henryrc81, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Photos App Video Editor unable to import any file into video projects

1. Photos App Video Editor unable to import any file into video projects - Similar Threads - Photos App Video

2. Windows Video Editor - Error importing photos or videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Video Editor - Error importing photos or videos: Hello,I'm working in a school and we've finally moved away from the old Movie Maker, replacing it with the Video Editor app.However, when staff or students alike create a new project and want to import photos/videos "From this PC" which is the first option, so they always go...
  3. Windows Video Editor - Error importing photos or videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Video Editor - Error importing photos or videos: Hello,I'm working in a school and we've finally moved away from the old Movie Maker, replacing it with the Video Editor app.However, when staff or students alike create a new project and want to import photos/videos "From this PC" which is the first option, so they always go...
  4. Video Editor images and videos in video project suddenly gone

Video Editor images and videos in video project suddenly gone: Hi,We have a user who suddenly lost all of the video images and snippets that she had in all of her video projects. The projects are all saved in OneDrive, image locations have not changed, but for some reason all of them are gone from ALL of her Video projects. How can we...
  5. Video Editor in Photo app

Video Editor in Photo app: I use the Video Editor in the Photo app on my old desktop pc almost daily, I have just purchased a new laptop and the Video Editor is not available on it, any advice ???...
  6. Restore Video Editor projects

Restore Video Editor projects: Hi! Is there any way to restore a deleted project in video editor? The music is still there but not the clips. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-video-editor-projects/0c18148f-d315-4dc6-ac39-00463db243c4
  7. Windows 10 Photos App Video Project - Unable to edit videos

Windows 10 Photos App Video Project - Unable to edit videos: I am 12 hours deep into the process of making a video, then the Photos App Video Project section freezes. I closed the program, reset the laptop and updated it too, however nothing I've done can get it to work again. It isn't fully loading making it impossible to carry on...
  8. Windows Video Projects in the Photos app

Windows Video Projects in the Photos app: How can I export the video, every time i try the 'finish video' it loads for a bit, the percent goes up- but then stops around 70 and I get this: Unsupported video type or invalid file path, so 1- what video type does it need to be, and how can i change or check that? 2-...
  9. Photos Video Project

Photos Video Project: I just completed a 1-1/2 hour video project using Microsoft Photos. I want to download to my computer. I tried "sharing" to onedrive, but it only shares the video clips not the completed video project. Also I get a message that "larger videos will be removed". Is there any...
  10. Video projects in photo app

Video projects in photo app: how do you finish and finalize the video project in photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-projects-in-photo-app/5095e798-b5b3-41df-9008-64c7144742c0