Windows 10: Photos app won't start

Discus and support Photos app won't start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As previously noted, suddenly out of the blue about 2 days ago, I can't open any of my .jpg files. I get an error message that the app can't start.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AllynVan Vechten, May 6, 2019.

1. Photos app won't start

As previously noted, suddenly out of the blue about 2 days ago, I can't open any of my .jpg files. I get an error message that the app can't start. The multitude of instructions I've found do nothing to help. I've restarted/repaired the app repeatedly. I've downloaded updates for Windows 10. I've updated Microsoft Store apps. The one thing I can't do is Uninstall and re-install the Photos app. The Uninstall button is greyed out and won't work. If I try to install the app without Uninstalling, it tells me the app is already installed.

Any current information or fixes on this?

:)

AllynVan Vechten, May 6, 2019

2. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, May 6, 2019
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, May 6, 2019
  4. Photos app won't start

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Photos app won't start

1. Photos app won't start - Similar Threads - Photos app won't

2. Photos app are not starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app are not starting: I am unable to open Photos app. The app didn't start error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-are-not-starting/b663a5f7-a6a9-49d4-80b2-48ae8c5d4293
  3. Photos app are not starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app are not starting: I am unable to open Photos app. The app didn't start error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-are-not-starting/b663a5f7-a6a9-49d4-80b2-48ae8c5d4293
  4. Microsoft Photos App will not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App will not start: It seems this is a problem that has no definitive solution, I too have spent hours trolling through forums trying to find a fix but have just about given up.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling via Powershell admin "get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos*...
  5. Photos app won't open

Photos app won't open: My Photos app won't open. It was fine a couple of days ago. When I click on the picture icon on the start menu I can see my pictures, but I cannot open them. It won't open under another user profile either. I have tried repair, reset and I uninstalled and reinstalled the...
  6. Photos App 'The App didn't start.'

Photos App 'The App didn't start.': 'Photos' gives me the source and address of the image but simply states, 'The App didn't start.' I have used Powershell to uninstall and reinstall the app. I have uninstalled the app and downloaded it again from the Microsoft Store. But still no joy. What can I do next?...
  7. Photos app didn't start.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photos app didn't start.: Help. Microsoft Photos app won't work. When trying to open from app tile, app opens then immediately closes. When trying to open by clicking a photo, I get the error message "App didn't start". I've already tried the following: - Making sure all updates are installed -...
  8. Photo app will not start

Photo app will not start: When I click on the photos app, it opens briefly and then it closes seconds later without any warning. The same thing happens when I plug my phone in. I have not been able to upload photos and videos from my phone to my computer as a result. This is a default app. Please help...
  9. Photos don't open. Says app won't start.

Photos don't open. Says app won't start.: Hi i put photos as default photo app but when i do photos dont open it says app wont start. If i put it on any other one ie windows live photo gallery photos open. When i put photos as default app i scroll down list but it does not show it. Many thanks james * Moved from...
  10. Photo apps won't open photo files

Photo apps won't open photo files: Out of the blue I can no longer open photo files like PNG, JPG, etc. and don't know when this started. I can select open with Windows Photo Viewer and it will open fine but if I close that file and reopen again I get an error "The app didn't start". Nor can I open any other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant start photo app error