Windows 10: Photos app

Discus and support Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468245/the-photos-app-and-your-privacy Where i can find ''help make photos app better'' option which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tril645, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Tril645 Win User

Photos app

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468245/the-photos-app-and-your-privacy

Where i can find ''help make photos app better'' option which is described in this page.

Does full diagnostic settings send pic to microsoft ?

:)

Tril645, Jun 6, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jun 6, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 6, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Photos app

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photos app :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Photos app

1. Photos app - Similar Threads - Photos app

2. Windows Photos App cannot play .mkv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photos App cannot play .mkv: Yes, it cannot play .mkv files. I am aware that they can be converted to another format but I simply dont want to. So my question is: Can I make it run .mkv? Or better yet - Can I make videos be played in an external program like MPC-HC for example? Or at the very least -...
  3. how do i add an app to open pictures on the Photos program. I want to add "open with"...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i add an app to open pictures on the Photos program. I want to add "open with"...: How do I add an app in Microsoft Photos program. I used to be able to right click on "open with" and get to Lightroom, now it won't and i tried adding apps like it instructed me, but it's not working. Very frustrating....
  4. Problem with the print menu from Photo app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with the print menu from Photo app: Hello all, For a few days i have a problem when i want to print from the default Photo app. The text in the print menu is all bugged. Updated all drivers, updated windows to latest version, problem still there. Attached a screen shot so you guys can see what i am talking...
  5. Can I change the duration of entire slideshow in Photo app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I change the duration of entire slideshow in Photo app?: I want to change the duration for all slides. Do I have to change them individually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-the-duration-of-entire-slideshow-in/da709e10-2de3-4328-a9b8-15f75ae9dbdf
  6. Disappearance of Split Button in Video Projects in WIndows 10 Photo App

Disappearance of Split Button in Video Projects in WIndows 10 Photo App: Sometimes there is a split button in the video project on photo app. But most of the time, there isn't a split button in the video project. The split button allows me to accurately split a video into two separate clips. I tried resetting photos app but still doesn't working....
  7. Windows Photo app doesn't fine all photos on Nas

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Photo app doesn't fine all photos on Nas: I have two machines both on the same version of Windows (18362.175) and the same version of the Photo app (2019.19051.13510.0). My Pictures are stored under the "Pictures" folder is on a Synology DS +918. I have two user accounts , one for each machine and each user is part...
  8. How to Uninstall Photos App

How to Uninstall Photos App: I'm trying to uninstall the Photos App. Add Remove Programs does not give me the options to Uninstall. Here is a screenshot: [ATTACH] I select 'Advanced options'. I've selected 'Terminate', 'Repair', and 'Reset'. I get check marks for Repair and Reset. The Uninstall...
  9. People tagging in Photo Preview app

People tagging in Photo Preview app: I'm using the preview Photos app and there's an option to view by People. Photos has identified about a dozen people and collated some photos of them so all I have to do is identify them and then I can easily find them again. I've two questions: 1 - when I run the app on...
  10. Saved Video Project in Windows 10 photo app

Saved Video Project in Windows 10 photo app: After trying to add more photos to my continuing photo video project, it has arbitrarily stopped opening. Keep getting a message that project won't open and to try again in a few moments. Have been trying off and on for over 24 hours. What is wrong? Did an update mess this...