Windows 10: Photos app

Discus and support Photos app in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Why, for seemingly no reason, do most of my photos in the photos app.,now tell me i don't have permission to view my own files?? I have tried... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Marbo Shark, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Photos app

Why, for seemingly no reason, do most of my photos in the photos app.,now tell me i don't have permission to view my own files?? I have tried "properties>everyone etc." without success, anyway i can't spend the next five days doing that with each photo!!Any way of solving this please.Windows 10 21H2 up to date and baffled!Cheers MS

:)

Marbo Shark, Oct 5, 2022

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 5, 2022
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Oct 5, 2022
  4. kormath Win User

Photos app

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photos app :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 5, 2022
Thema:

Photos app

1. Photos app - Similar Threads - Photos app

2. Microsoft says you can transfer videos via Phone Link's Photos app,, but the Photos app...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft says you can transfer videos via Phone Link's Photos app,, but the Photos app...: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/learning-center/how-to-transfer-videos-from-phone-to-computerAre the instructions on that and other official Microsoft web pages just plain wrong? Or am I doing something wrong? All I know is that when I try and follow the instructions...
  3. Microsoft says you can transfer videos via Phone Link's Photos app,, but the Photos app...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft says you can transfer videos via Phone Link's Photos app,, but the Photos app...: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/learning-center/how-to-transfer-videos-from-phone-to-computerAre the instructions on that and other official Microsoft web pages just plain wrong? Or am I doing something wrong? All I know is that when I try and follow the instructions...
  4. Print function in windows10 Photo app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print function in windows10 Photo app not working: This is a pretty unique scenario, but it seems a lot of our staff use the print to pdf function in windows 10, for instance they get a .jpeg sent to them in an email, open it in the photo app, and print either to a pdf to save it, or to print out.The unique scenario is, the...
  5. Print function in windows10 Photo app not working

Print function in windows10 Photo app not working: This is a pretty unique scenario, but it seems a lot of our staff use the print to pdf function in windows 10, for instance they get a .jpeg sent to them in an email, open it in the photo app, and print either to a pdf to save it, or to print out.The unique scenario is, the...
  6. Can't Add Photo to iCloud Shared Album via the iCloud Shared Album Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Add Photo to iCloud Shared Album via the iCloud Shared Album Apps: Hi Team,It is noticed that we are unable to add photo to iCloud Shared Album via the iCloud Shared Album Apps as shown in the uploaded screenshot. Do you have any clue on this ?Thanks...
  7. Can't Add Photo to iCloud Shared Album via the iCloud Shared Album Apps

Can't Add Photo to iCloud Shared Album via the iCloud Shared Album Apps: Hi Team,It is noticed that we are unable to add photo to iCloud Shared Album via the iCloud Shared Album Apps as shown in the uploaded screenshot. Do you have any clue on this ?Thanks...
  8. Microsoft store, photos, mediaplayer and myhp wont launch after i deleted some apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store, photos, mediaplayer and myhp wont launch after i deleted some apps: I downloaded revo installer to get get gid of some windows apps i thought were just bloatware but now i cant launch apps like media player, microsoft store, myhp and photos. i did a system repair but it is still the same. if possible could i get a list of all windows apps the...
  9. Microsoft store, photos, mediaplayer and myhp wont launch after i deleted some apps

Microsoft store, photos, mediaplayer and myhp wont launch after i deleted some apps: I downloaded revo installer to get get gid of some windows apps i thought were just bloatware but now i cant launch apps like media player, microsoft store, myhp and photos. i did a system repair but it is still the same. if possible could i get a list of all windows apps the...
  10. How do we fix the Photo app to access files on sharedmapped drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do we fix the Photo app to access files on sharedmapped drives?: I have to move the files from the shared drive to the desktop in order for them to be viewed. It just opens in a black screen when trying to open a .jpg or .png file from the shared drive. How do we change the settings to open files on shared drives? I now have to install...