Windows 10: photos appear on screen then disappear

Discus and support photos appear on screen then disappear in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; open app for photo's. photos appear on screen then disappear after 5 to 10 seconds as if you have closed the app 29378 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bazzer b, Nov 9, 2015.

1. bazzer b Win User

photos appear on screen then disappear

open app for photo's. photos appear on screen then disappear after 5 to 10 seconds as if you have closed the app

:)

bazzer b, Nov 9, 2015
  2. koolking Win User

icons disappear then re-appear then disappear

Hello,

Thanks for replying.

I discovered what the problem was. It was, basically, my TV. I have my TV hooked up to my computer. About a week ago I decided to work it so the TV was an extension of my computer. Not a copy but an extension. I tried several things but nothing seemed to
    work so I put everything back the way it was. I thought I did, anyway. I guess I didn't.

Anyway, I started having the problem about a week after I did all this so I didn't associate it with what was wrong. I have 2 HDMI channels and one PC channel on my TV. I use those HDMI channels much more than the PC channel. Yesterday I discovered that
    when my TV was on the PC channel, the icons on my desktop disappeared. When I turned off the TV, everything went back to normal and I could see the icons. I could see my icons while my TV was on either HDMI channel but not when I had it on the PC channel.
    Somehow I set up the TV as monitor #1 and my desktop as #2. When I discovered this, I changed things back to where my desktop was #1 and the PC channel on my TV was #2--and everything now works OK.

Whew! Sorry for the long explanation but I wanted to make sure I explained everything I could.

Regards,

RS

koolking, Nov 9, 2015
  3. icons disappear then re-appear then disappear

Hi,

To isolate your concern, have you made any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

To check for possible cause of the issue, we suggest that you run
    System File Checker
    and DISM. To run DISM, follow the steps below:

• Click Windows icon.
    • Type CMD, right click and run as administrator.
    • Type the command below:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /checkhealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

If the issue persists, you may log in to the computer in
    Safe mode
    to check if it is caused by a third party application.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Nov 9, 2015
Thema:

photos appear on screen then disappear

1. photos appear on screen then disappear - Similar Threads - photos appear screen

2. Black Boxes Appearing and Disappearing on Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Boxes Appearing and Disappearing on Screen: Windows 11 user running on Microsoft Surface Laptop 4. I just started to have black boxes appear and then disappear on my screen on a frequent basis. How do I diagnose and resolve this issue? Is it a bad video card or potentially a firmware issue? Thanks in advance for your...
  3. Black Boxes Appearing and Disappearing on Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Boxes Appearing and Disappearing on Screen: Windows 11 user running on Microsoft Surface Laptop 4. I just started to have black boxes appear and then disappear on my screen on a frequent basis. How do I diagnose and resolve this issue? Is it a bad video card or potentially a firmware issue? Thanks in advance for your...
  4. Disappearing photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disappearing photos: Aug 7/23: I was able to launch & save photos rec'd in Gmail or transferred from my iPhone until today; can't find them once scanned. Has Google or Microsoft changed something. Can anyone help?...
  5. Disappearing photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disappearing photos: Aug 7/23: I was able to launch & save photos rec'd in Gmail or transferred from my iPhone until today; can't find them once scanned. Has Google or Microsoft changed something. Can anyone help?...
  6. Disappearing photos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Circle Appears Quickly On Screen Then Disappears And More

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Circle Appears Quickly On Screen Then Disappears And More: Hi...Hope someone can help...I have a Toshiba Satellite, no touch screen, Windows version 8.1/64...lately, I've been getting a quick, flashing circle that appears on screen for less than a second...I don't know if it's snapping a picture, downloading a program or anything...
  8. White screen and “Type to search” appearing and disappearing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    White screen and “Type to search” appearing and disappearing.: Hello. Some days ago, after an update, the screen of my laptop won’t work anymore. There’s a white screen and the box type here to search keeps appearing and disappearing. I can’t open an app or anything like that. Please tell me what to do....
  9. Photos Disappeared in Startup Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos Disappeared in Startup Screen: The original slideshow photos with optional info and questions have disappeared from my computer startup screen. Is there any way to get them back? [Original Title: desktop]...
  10. Photos disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos disappearing: So... I just opened my computer, and for some reason, an entire album of drawings have mysteriously vanished. I searched my entire computer: the recycle bin, the storage, my picture album, and I even restarted my laptop, and the pictures are still missing. WHat am I supposed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows icon appears then nothing on screen

2. photos screen dissappears

3. photos disappear from display on windows pc

4. photos screen disappears,
  5. photo icons appear then disappear