Windows 10: Photos appear properly as thumbnails but now when opened.

Discus and support Photos appear properly as thumbnails but now when opened. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This problem applies to only one folder which is named Upholstery. This is a screenshot of the contents of that folder: [ATTACH] When I open any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarySweeney, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Photos appear properly as thumbnails but now when opened.

This problem applies to only one folder which is named Upholstery.

This is a screenshot of the contents of that folder:

Photos appear properly as thumbnails but now when opened. d148d574-d1c2-40db-b66c-c86d1e25b006?upload=true.jpg

When I open any one of the pictures I just get this seemingly compressed vertical line. If I choose to unlock it, I can enlarge it but it is grayed out and only the color appears in the thin vertical segment. and the rest of the image is visible but grayed out. This is the image when I open one of the photos.
    Photos appear properly as thumbnails but now when opened. b62ecd69-bcbb-4fdd-9754-f354c4fb0e41?upload=true.jpg

How can I correct this?

:)

MarySweeney, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Sep 1, 2020
  3. TWINUI - Does NOT open photo thumbnails

Hi,

It's really odd that you cannot open a thumbnail file or image using Windows Photo Viewer. Some of the system files or date might have gotten corrupted, reason for TWinUI or Tablet Windows User Interface occur. However, we would like to know these information
    to isolate your concern:

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve your concern?
    • Were there any changes made on the computer prior to your concern?
    • When was the last time you were able to open a thumbnail or image file?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of the said error?

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Photos appear properly as thumbnails but now when opened.

Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Photos appear properly as thumbnails but now when opened.

1. Photos appear properly as thumbnails but now when opened. - Similar Threads - Photos appear properly

2. Thumbnails not loading properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnails not loading properly: Hello! I'm facing this issue:1. Explorer.EXE not working properly and thumbnails won't load.Before facing this issue, I didn't made any changes to the system.At this moment, I saw that some files have a blank page icon and some folders, without its contents.And some icons...
  3. no thumbnails when importing photos into windows 11 photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no thumbnails when importing photos into windows 11 photos: no thumbnails when importing photos into windows 11 photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-thumbnails-when-importing-photos-into-windows/901c7e61-e6a4-496b-b9bb-2a45070d5b55
  4. no thumbnails when importing photos into windows 11 photos

no thumbnails when importing photos into windows 11 photos: no thumbnails when importing photos into windows 11 photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-thumbnails-when-importing-photos-into-windows/901c7e61-e6a4-496b-b9bb-2a45070d5b55
  5. no thumbnails when importing photos into windows 11 photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no thumbnails when importing photos into windows 11 photos: When I try to import pictures into Photos it finds the SD card but instead of showing thumbnails of the pictures I just get icons. How can I select the pictures I want to import if I can't see them. I'd like to use this program but with big problem it looks like I'll be going...
  6. no thumbnails when importing photos into windows 11 photos

no thumbnails when importing photos into windows 11 photos: When I try to import pictures into Photos it finds the SD card but instead of showing thumbnails of the pictures I just get icons. How can I select the pictures I want to import if I can't see them. I'd like to use this program but with big problem it looks like I'll be going...
  7. Photo Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo Thumbnails: Hi All Can anyone help me get my thumbnail pictures back please. I use for my photo editing Affinity and when I open a folder to download a photo all the thumbnails have the affinity logo not a picture. I did email affinity who said it is a windows problem. I have tried...
  8. photo thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo thumbnails: since the update my photos was no longer the pictures thumbnails of it, is there any idea how to have it back from the previous settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-thumbnails/93baf5d3-968e-4c69-b063-8b4df14e1382
  9. Windows 10 - Deleted Photos and they still appear as thumbnail in Photos Tile when I click...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Deleted Photos and they still appear as thumbnail in Photos Tile when I click...: I have deleted photos, they are not available in Photos. However when I click the windows button in the bottom left, they show up under Photos tile as a thumbnail. If i click the thumbnail they do not show up. I have tried everything and cannot get them to not show up....
  10. When opening a new tab "popular now" appears

in Browsers and Email
    When opening a new tab "popular now" appears: When opening a new tab, below my top sites, I now have a new item "popular now" appears. How do I get rid of that. I do not know where this came from Thanks 38793