Windows 10: Photos are all icons, how to make them thumbnails?

Discus and support Photos are all icons, how to make them thumbnails? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I called HP for help and after the tech took control of my laptop, everything was worse than before. All of my photo thumbnails are now just an icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MKubeer, Jan 27, 2019.

1. MKubeer Win User

Photos are all icons, how to make them thumbnails?

I called HP for help and after the tech took control of my laptop, everything was worse than before. All of my photo thumbnails are now just an icon and I have to click on each icon to see what the photo is. How can I get my thumbnails back? There is not a choice of thumbnails in the "View" tab.

:)

MKubeer, Jan 27, 2019
  2. davidhk Win User

Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

Open File Explorer > top right, click Options > click Change folder and search options > click View at top > UN-check the box " Always show icons, never thumbnails" > OK when done.

Photos are all icons, how to make them thumbnails? [​IMG]

davidhk, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Photo thumbnail picture

If you do the suggestion by Cyberdesigner and they still show as icons, check your performance settings and make sure "show thumbnails instead of icons" is checked.

Right click Start, select System -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced tab -> Performance - Settings

fracking4oil, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Robert11 Win User

Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

Hello,

I have a Folder on my Desktop in which
    I have placed many photos.

The listing shows up just fine, and if I click on one of them, it opens perfectly.
    No problems.

But, the listing in the Folder only shows a small IrfanView icon for each of them, and then a name or number.

Any way to have the listing show small thumbnails of the actual pix's, rather than just
    an IrfanView icon for each ?

Thanks,
    Bob

Robert11, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Photos are all icons, how to make them thumbnails? - Similar Threads - Photos are icons

2. How to change a single thumbnail size only, not all of them?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change a single thumbnail size only, not all of them?: I know about holding CTRL and using the mouse wheel, but that changes all of them. I’m trying to create a very important new to do list and want the icon to be a bit larger than the others near it (in this example, on desktop). Google searches don’t provide much, except...
  3. How do you change the thumbnail in the start menu for the photos icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you change the thumbnail in the start menu for the photos icon: It's showing big butt pictures that I don't even have in the photos folder how do I change it it's been stuck like this since august submitted by /u/BananaJaneB [link] [comments]...
  4. Photo Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo Thumbnails: Hi All Can anyone help me get my thumbnail pictures back please. I use for my photo editing Affinity and when I open a folder to download a photo all the thumbnails have the affinity logo not a picture. I did email affinity who said it is a windows problem. I have tried...
  5. Thumbnails of photos and some icons on taskbar are not visible.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails of photos and some icons on taskbar are not visible.: Hi guys, I have been getting this issue for past week, I updated my windows to newer version 20H2 in this time too, but thumbnails and some icons don't show up. I am not able to preview images in a folder. I already have tried every possible solution in file explorer options...
  6. iCloud Photos Icons/Thumbnails in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iCloud Photos Icons/Thumbnails in File Explorer: Not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but on both my machines I have had this. iCloud Photos icon comes up loads of times as you can see in the picture I've attached. The number of thumbnails keeps increasing. When I uninstall, the icons remain there but the little...
  7. photo thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo thumbnails: since the update my photos was no longer the pictures thumbnails of it, is there any idea how to have it back from the previous settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-thumbnails/93baf5d3-968e-4c69-b063-8b4df14e1382
  8. Icons on desktop invisible, how to make them visible again?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on desktop invisible, how to make them visible again?: This is one of those crazy windows things... All of a sudden, I can't see any of the icons on the desktop. I can confirm that they are still there, just by checking the desktop folder in Explorer. Also, if I drag across the desktop and accidentally grab an icon, it shows as a...
  9. photo folders on two drives, how to view them all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photo folders on two drives, how to view them all: I moved some of my photo folders from my c drive to my d drive. How can I configure the system so when I open the photos app it looks at both drives at the same time? Thank you. 100531
  10. Not all photo thumbnails showing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Not all photo thumbnails showing.: Hi there chaps. I have this problem with File Explorer. I have checked the box "Always show icons, never thumbnails" [img] But not all of the thumbnails are showing. I get a mixture of the "mountain" icon as well as some thumbnails. [img] I have tried to delete...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make all photos thumbnails rather than icon