Windows 10: Photos are missing from my PICTURES folder.

Discus and support Photos are missing from my PICTURES folder. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Photos are missing from my PICTURES folder. There were originally approx. 20 photos in a folder named "SHUTTLEWORTH", but there are now only 9.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ClaireNQI, May 13, 2020.

1. ClaireNQI Win User

Photos are missing from my PICTURES folder.

There were originally approx. 20 photos in a folder named "SHUTTLEWORTH", but there are now only 9.

They are not in the recycle bin. I have not deleted them, nor moved them.

Having had a quick look at some of the other folder, there appear to be some missing from them, too.

Any ideas?

:)

ClaireNQI, May 13, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. MIKE A Win User
    Misplaced My Docs folder of pictures.

Upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 yesterday [free update]. Checked my Docs containing my phot folders. Last one being Plant Pathology. Folder is missing. It's taken me months building this folder.
    In the Start area, I recognized one of the missing pics, displayed as a tile. Did something that removed the tile and listed, 'photos' in the margin. Clicking on this, the screen opens up showing my lost pictures but in reverse order. Also a vast number of other pictures that are saved in My Docs, but individual folders.

HELP PLEASE. Can I take whatever steps to restore my folders to My Doc's and at the same time prevent windows from ever again making collections.
    Many thanks.
    Mike.

MIKE A, May 13, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Photo Icons in the Picture Folders

Hi,

Misconfigured view settings is on of the usual reasons why it is not displaying the actual photo. We suggest checking the settings of your folder to make sure it show the icons, instead of the thumbnail. Kindly follow the steps below to check it:

• Open Picture folder.
    • Choose View tab at the top, then click the (Square icon) Options as shown on the picture below:
      Photos are missing from my PICTURES folder. acdc00f8-fb41-47d4-960e-166f8c7715e3.png
    • Click View tab, put a check mark on the box beside the
      Always show icons, never thumbnails. See picture below:

Photos are missing from my PICTURES folder. 25255605-64c1-4d21-92f9-f2dcf1a0791d.png
    • Close the folder, and check if you will be able to see the display picture for each icon.

Kindly update us with the outcome.

Mayra Aqu, May 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Photos are missing from my PICTURES folder. - Similar Threads - Photos are missing

2. Photos or pictures folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos or pictures folders: After purchasing my new lap top I transferred my photos across. I am not sure if they are in two places. I believe they are in the cloud. I think they are on my Laptop. I can open a pictures folder and it says folder is empty . I can open the same name "pictures " and it...
  3. Photos or pictures folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos or pictures folders: After purchasing my new lap top I transferred my photos across. I am not sure if they are in two places. I believe they are in the cloud. I think they are on my Laptop. I can open a pictures folder and it says folder is empty . I can open the same name "pictures " and it...
  4. Picture folders missing in Pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture folders missing in Pictures: Hello,I cannot find most of my picture folders, that has taken me years to organize. A few are there, but most are gone and they are incomplete. I have a windows pc. Just downloaded windows 11 on 6/7/2022. This is the first time I have noticed this. Please help.Thanks....
  5. Picture folders missing in Pictures

Picture folders missing in Pictures: Hello,I cannot find most of my picture folders, that has taken me years to organize. A few are there, but most are gone and they are incomplete. I have a windows pc. Just downloaded windows 11 on 6/7/2022. This is the first time I have noticed this. Please help.Thanks....
  6. Windows Photos missing pictures from Onedrive

Windows Photos missing pictures from Onedrive: Hi!I've configured the Pictures folder from my Onedrive to "Always keep on this device" on my computer, them I have all my photos always available.But, if I turn off the option "Show my cloud-only content from OneDrive" the Windows Photos App is missing pictures, and I don't...
  7. Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder: Just Reset Photos because it is not importing pictures from my Pictures Folder but is happily importing them from other folders. Option is to share but how to I get it to import them. It was working a few days ago...
  8. Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder

Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder: How do move a picture that is in a Folder in Pictures in my File Explorer to a folder in my Photos App. I can't drag it or copy and paste it, so is there some way to do this?...
  9. Cannot delete photos from my Picture folder

Cannot delete photos from my Picture folder: Hi all, and hope you can help. I have recent purchased a Lenovo with windows 10. I have just copied over all my photos from my old laptop to the new one and put them all in the picture folder. But I have tried to remove/delete unwanted ones and they will not delete from...
  10. Missing folder (My Pictures)

Missing folder (My Pictures): I have just bought a new PC and installed all my folders and contents (Music, Photographs, Downloads and Documents etc). Recently after a Windows update I lost my 'My Picture' folder will all 650gb of my photographs (my main hobby) which was placed into my D: drive. Any...