Windows 10: Photos background colour?

Discus and support Photos background colour? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Has Windows Photos background changed to white? I prefer the black background, is there a way to change it? 120248 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kol12, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Kol12 Win User

Photos background colour?

Has Windows Photos background changed to white? I prefer the black background, is there a way to change it?

:)

Kol12, Oct 22, 2018

2. Background colour of the Photos App

Hi,

Is it possible to change the background colour of Photos App because when you try to crop pictures with back background as well it is very confusing

Kind regards

Alain

AlainE_994, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Photos app hogging resources in background

Ian, this suggestion was posted on my other thread:

We understand that not all of users are using the Photos app on Windows 10, if not very often. If you don't want this app to be running on background when not in use, there is a way you can turn this
    off. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

• In Cortana, type Privacy Settings
      and press Enter.
    • Look for Background apps.
    • Look for Photos in the list.
    • Flip the switch to Off.
    • Restart your computer.

After you restart your computer, you can check if the Photos app is still running in background. You can use these steps to turn off any running background applications as it is not limited to Photos
    app alone. In this way, you can conserve a lot of power and process allowance.

I just followed these instructions, and now have to wait to see if it works. I'm hoping it solves your problem, too!

BarryG_961, Oct 22, 2018
  4. RPD
    rpd Win User

Change the background colour of Windows 10 Photo app?

When viewing some transparency images (png,gif) the black background of Win10 Photo App, can obscure black text and black shapes.

Presumably these would be seen, if the photo app background was white or a light neutral colour, but I can see no way to change the black background of this app and this is very frustrating as these images do not display properly.

Is it possible to fix this background to view such transparency images properly?

Thema:

1. Photos background colour? - Similar Threads - Photos background colour

2. Windows Photo Viewer background colour.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo Viewer background colour.: Three PC's.When clicking an image to open it the background is black.....surrounding the image.On the third PC it is white.How do I change it to black?Please!...
  3. Windows Photo Viewer background colour.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo Viewer background colour.: Three PC's.When clicking an image to open it the background is black.....surrounding the image.On the third PC it is white.How do I change it to black?Please!...
  4. change background colour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change background colour: when I am doing a dark jigsaw, it is difficult to see when the background is also dark, I can't change the background colour because that command is not highlighted. how do I highlight, I have already uninstalled and re installed, does not see to work....
  5. Changing print background colour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing print background colour: When I try to print a form I get a black background with white writing. How do I change the background colour so that I get a white background with black writing?...
  6. background colours correction

background colours correction: I recently asked about changing/correcting background colours... was unable to thank the person who answered me, as I had mistakenly deleted his answer.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-colours-correction/4404cf97-b832-42e7-8a2c-0b7329c63179
  7. Background colour inversion

Background colour inversion: Hi, my cat sat on my laptop and somehow turned on the High Contrast which caused the background colours to invert. I turned the high contrast off, but I still have a black background in the address bars, in the drop down menus and, most irritatingly, in Excel, which has a...
  8. monitor text and background colours

monitor text and background colours: I am using a HP Pavilion 500 PC and a HP 23" 500 Pavilion monitor with Windows 10. I want to change text from black on a white background, to a white text on a black background in all Windows folders (with the usual coloured icons on Desktop). How do I accomplish...
  9. Change Folder Background Colour

Change Folder Background Colour: How to change Folder Background Colour https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-folder-background-colour/1ad34827-a83d-4f7b-afa6-3b7e1cc91499
  10. Change background colour settings

Change background colour settings: How do I change the background colour so that the pages are not black with white text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/change-background-colour-settings/f468001b-34f2-435c-a69c-dd7a9c20e229