Windows 10: Photos Border- How do I remove?

Discus and support Photos Border- How do I remove? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; You all probably know what I'm talking about, but in Windows 10, I guess since about 2018, the photos app has a giant border so that you can't get your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EmilyVreeland, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Photos Border- How do I remove?

You all probably know what I'm talking about, but in Windows 10, I guess since about 2018, the photos app has a giant border so that you can't get your photos to fill the screen. I'm an illustrator, and often use references for my work, having a sleek workspace is extremely important to me. Is there anyway to remove this clunky border?

I've tried researching this, just googling, and it seems plenty of people are frustrated with this feature but other than using a third party source there doesn't seem to be a fix? I hate to gunk up stuff having to get a third party program, but if that's the only way for me to work so be it.

:)

EmilyVreeland, Jul 25, 2020

2. New Windows update caused a border on Photos. How do I remove borders?

Windows Photos. Before yesterdays latest windows update I could open a photo and adjust the photo to have no border. With the latest forced windows update every photo now has a border. I do not want a border.

Bryanq6019, Jul 25, 2020
  3. New Windows update caused a border on Photos. How do I remove borders?

New Windows update caused a border on Photos. How do I remove borders?

Moved from ( Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup )

Bryanq6019, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Photos Border- How do I remove?

Photos App Displays Images with Grey Borders

You can use feedback to suggest changes, but I assure you that this is exactly what the Photos app is supposed to show photos as.

You can use a third party program like infranview:
    https://www.irfanview.com/

If you go through this thread, there are possible fixes:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

But in the end, the user remembered found that the gray border does not persist outside of photos. Open the photo in Paint and it will be the same size as it is in Photos, just without the border. The border is purely aesthetic and does not have any effect
    on the photo.

Another user found that the problem was not actually a problem but that they mis-remembered how it looked outside of fullscreen.

At this current moment, I do not believe there is a setting or fix for this other than changing photo apps or feedback hub.

Zackary Vanosdol, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Photos Border- How do I remove?

1. Photos Border- How do I remove? - Similar Threads - Photos Border remove

2. How to remove this white border

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove this white border: Hi, I have problem with this white border. whenever I want to left click something in settings this white border is moving. Another problem is I can only type one letter in search box and can't backspace. As for now I encountered this problem in native apps....
  3. How to remove this white border

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove this white border: Hi, I have problem with this white border. whenever I want to left click something in settings this white border is moving. Another problem is I can only type one letter in search box and can't backspace. As for now I encountered this problem in native apps....
  4. How to remove this white border

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I fix this border bug for Windows Photo viewer?

How do I fix this border bug for Windows Photo viewer?: So recently I updated my computer to KB4023057 4 days ago, I used the photos app for a few days afterwards, I didn't mess with the settings on it except the option to delete photos whenever I want, and then I defragged, disk cleaned my PC because it was slow so I did that,...
  6. How Do I Remove Windows Photo Viewer Borders?

How Do I Remove Windows Photo Viewer Borders?: Two days ago my photo viewer suddenly had these horribly thick borders that cut a solid 25% of the picture at the top and bottom. It is absolutely horrid and makes the app pointless to use for edits compared to other online applications. Is there a way to remove this or was...
  7. how do i remove these border?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i remove these border?: [ATTACH]my little brother did something and now these border are showing how do i remove these https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-these-border/f2b19d28-579e-4960-bdac-1daf0c354d0d"
  8. How do i remove a profile photo?

How do i remove a profile photo?: How do I remove a photo from y profile as admin or is it stuck there for life? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/how-do-i-remove-a-profile-photo/ed1d1989-957a-4f5c-a3c5-752e6ebc2867
  9. How do I remove this white border?

How do I remove this white border?: After installing the Windows 10 anniversary update, I have noticed that there is now a selection box or white border around some of the ShellExperienceHost applications (the time/date, wi-fi and volume.), is there anyway to get rid of it? I have attached some screenshots...
  10. How do I remove Windows Photo Gallery?

How do I remove Windows Photo Gallery?: Best I can determine Windows Photo Gallery is part of Windows Essentials. But, I cannot remove Windows Essentials without removing Movie Maker which I use. So, how can I remove Photo Gallery and only Photo Gallery? 61628