Windows 10: Photos broken on Desktop

Discus and support Photos broken on Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I'm sure there's an easy fix for my issue, but can anyone tell me why all of my photos/screenshots on my desktop are broken? Thanks in advance!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mikey7a, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Mikey7a Win User

Photos broken on Desktop

Hello, I'm sure there's an easy fix for my issue, but can anyone tell me why all of my photos/screenshots on my desktop are broken? Thanks in advance!

:)

Mikey7a, Aug 17, 2021
  2. Pipps Win User

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Aug 17, 2021
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Photos broken on Desktop :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 17, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Photos broken on Desktop

Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

Photos broken on Desktop

1. Photos broken on Desktop - Similar Threads - Photos broken Desktop

2. Broken desktop Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken desktop Shortcuts: Hi all,I have a problem with my desktop shortuts. When I restart my laptop and click on any shortcut, I get the below message.The program still opens, but the shortcut icon disappears and is now in my recycling bin. This happens everytime the laptop restarts with every...
  3. Broken desktop Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken desktop Shortcuts: Hi all,I have a problem with my desktop shortuts. When I restart my laptop and click on any shortcut, I get the below message.The program still opens, but the shortcut icon disappears and is now in my recycling bin. This happens everytime the laptop restarts with every...
  4. Microsoft photo app is broken

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft photo app is broken: I tried to edit my images and videos on microsoft photo app and the app crashes unexpectedly. seeking help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photo-app-is-broken/acbcad80-0093-4cac-a345-8c6287308e68
  5. Broken Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken Desktop: I have the exact same symptoms as this post:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-desktop-icons-start-menu-wont-open-taskbar-wont/6f43da79-56ee-4920-aed3-fcf87e63edf9I've tried virtually everything I've found even remotely related to broken boot issues,...
  6. Photos broken

Photos broken: Photos App no longer allows me to save single frames from video or make videos from a series of photos. Sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling the app will allow me to create photos from video for awhile but the video from photos is definitly broken....
  7. Photo apps broken

Photo apps broken: Photo app seems to get stuck trying to index anything and everything. I do not want i ti index anything., I want no lists, no compilations, no searches. I do not want it ti try and dig up information. from the further reaches of creation and send it to Microsoft or even to...
  8. Desktop icons are broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons are broken: [ATTACH] When I set up OneDrive a lot of my desktop icons became the default paper icon and I don't know how to fix it. I can't delete the files because if I delete them I will be deleting the whole app. I've tried restarting but it doesn't fix it...
  9. Desktop is broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop is broken: After the computer worked fine. I tried logging into one of the users and the desktop is flashing grey and black and the taskbar is not working and all the files are gone. The other user works fine its just this one....
  10. My photo thumbnails are broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My photo thumbnails are broken: I discovered that all my photo thumbnail broke down. Yesterday I cleared my photo thumbnails with disk cleanup and then restarted the system but it didn’t help. Could you help me to solve this problem?...