Windows 10: photos - can't add text to a movie

Discus and support photos - can't add text to a movie in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to create videos in Photos. I've tried repairing and resetting the Photos app; the uninstall feature within settings is grayed out. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kiki_A, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Kiki_A Win User

photos - can't add text to a movie

Hi,

I'm trying to create videos in Photos. I've tried repairing and resetting the Photos app; the uninstall feature within settings is grayed out. I still cannot add a title card with words or captions to any photo.

I've run a recent update, so the version is 2020.19111.22010.0.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

:)

Kiki_A, Mar 20, 2020
  2. CargoX Win User

Windows 7 Will Not Include Email, Photo and Movie Programs

I think people missed that MS did not say "Internet" in the program list. Just Email, Photo, Movie.

CargoX, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Photo - adding Text

Here's how to add text to JPEG photos in Windows 10 ... step by step ... cookbook ...

Adding text to Windows 10 Photos

Add the 'Paint' Ap to taskbar.

• Start … lower left corner.
    • All aps
    • Windows … accessories … right-click ‘Paint’ … left click ‘add to taskbar’
    • Color palette now in taskbar at bottom of desktop

Adding text to photo

• Click/open ‘Paint’ ap
    • ‘File’ … ‘Open’ … browse to select photo to adjust
    • Click and scroll-mouse to reduce size
    • ‘Home’ … click on big A to prepare for paste or typing in text.
    • Left-click on picture and drag to set text box for text. … OR … Left-click on picture to set upper-left corner, ready for text. Box will automatically re-size to the text you are about to enter.
    • Enter text … use return for next line.
    • Click-cursor over text to change “Color 1” or font size
    • Right-click and ‘paste’ … or … Control-tab and ‘V’ to paste in text taken from another source.
    • You can change size of box around text.
    • Can un-do or re-do changes.
    • DON”T click again outside the box … keep working on the text until you are absolutely satisfied. You can’t get back to this text! If you do make an irrecoverable mistake, re-open the JPEG and don’t save the bummer file when prompted.
    • ‘Save’ over over old file … OR … ‘save-as’ to uniquely save the file as ‘JPEG’
    • DONE!

Johnmuir2014, Mar 20, 2020
  4. photos - can't add text to a movie

Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

photos - can't add text to a movie

1. photos - can't add text to a movie - Similar Threads - photos can't add

2. How to add simple text to photos in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add simple text to photos in photos app: Hi there, How do I add a simple text caption to a photo in the Windows photo app?I see there are options to add 3D effects, mark ups, motion text, videos, slideshows, filters, etc. however I cannot see the most basic option for a static 2D text box anywhere.Given this is such...
  3. How to add simple text to photos in photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add simple text to photos in photos app: Hi there, How do I add a simple text caption to a photo in the Windows photo app?I see there are options to add 3D effects, mark ups, motion text, videos, slideshows, filters, etc. however I cannot see the most basic option for a static 2D text box anywhere.Given this is such...
  4. add text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add text: I am trying to add text to a photo and am really upsetI am usually good at this but newer editor capabilities in paint suckI cannot change the color to what I want the text to be****??????...
  5. add text

add text: I am trying to add text to a photo and am really upsetI am usually good at this but newer editor capabilities in paint suckI cannot change the color to what I want the text to be****??????...
  6. add text

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How can I add simple text to a photo?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I add simple text to a photo?: Since the latest photos update I'm no longer able to add simple typed text into a photo. I can draw it by mouse which sucks and perhaps even animate text, but I can't see any option to have simple, static, typed text to images. Please Help....
  8. Can't add subtitles in Movies and TV

Can't add subtitles in Movies and TV: I am using Movies and TV to watch videos. However, when I choose subtitle files, they do not add. They don't pop up in the subs bar. I have tried all the methods on all the other articles. These are .sub files, but even with .srt and others, I can't add subs. I do not know...
  9. How do add text to a photo

How do add text to a photo: I can see how to edit a picture but not to add text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-add-text-to-a-photo/884ce6af-506b-4fd8-ab2c-8b4608dbb0be
  10. how to add text to a photo in paint windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to add text to a photo in paint windows 10: it would seem like this should be a fairly easy intuitive process BUT NO. Can anybody help me? I'm trying to add text to photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-add-text-to-a-photo-in-paint-windows-10/64ccf04f-c989-4e15-aa6d-82e1241d8932