Windows 10: Photos can't add video files

Discus and support Photos can't add video files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Photos is unable to add video files. It says "these files have properties that can't be read, so we couldn't add them". But just two days earlier... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by le_vinsky, Aug 12, 2019.

1. le_vinsky Win User

Photos can't add video files

Photos is unable to add video files. It says "these files have properties that can't be read, so we couldn't add them". But just two days earlier "Photos" had no problem with adding them, trimming, splitting and editing in any other way. It is an issue that was reported here by other users BUT I'am reporting it AGAIN, because neither repairing nor resetting the app did not work. Powershell uninstall/reinstall also did nothing. In its current state Photos app is useless. Are you able to provide working fix or should I abandon hope and look for a proper video editing software?

:)

le_vinsky, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Digital photo file problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Once you plug in the camera you will get a pop-up on the top right top corner.
    • Click on the pop-up.
    • It will open the file, then you will be able to copy the pictures from the file and save to your locations.

And also refer the article below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/import-photos-videos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Photos and videos

Hi Jani,

To better assist you with the phone photos and videos issues, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you getting an error message?
    • Were you able to back up your phone before the issue happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Photos can't add video files

Videos and photos no longer opening

Hi Serge,

Videos and photos can be opened anytime as long as the program supports it. You will only cannot open it if they become corrupted.
    To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution for your concerns with opening files, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What is the program you're using to open videos and photos?
    • Where is the "view mode" you are talking about?
    • How do you open videos and photos?
    • What is the format of your videos?
    • What is the format of your photos?
    • Have you opened these videos and photos before?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, can we have a screenshot?

Get back to us once you provide us these additional information.

Johann Eva, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Photos can't add video files

1. Photos can't add video files - Similar Threads - Photos can't add

2. In Photos, can't save photo from video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Photos, can't save photo from video: I want to save a frame from an avi video in Photos. Every time I try I get a message to try again, and to check with Microsoft Support if that doesn't work. Error message 0x80070057 Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...
  3. How to edit or add Metadata to Photos & Video files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to edit or add Metadata to Photos & Video files in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If your photo or video doesn’t have the proper metadata, you can add or edit them in Windows 10. Here is how to add Metadata […] This article How to edit or add Metadata to Photos & Video files in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Windows photo app video editor "can't find file"

Windows photo app video editor "can't find file": I started a video project and then when I came back to work on it again, it says "can't find files" and everything is gone. The files themselves haven't moved. I recently updated my laptop - could this be the issue? Where should I expect to find the file. Can this be...
  5. photos - can't add text to a movie

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    photos - can't add text to a movie: Hi, I'm trying to create videos in Photos. I've tried repairing and resetting the Photos app; the uninstall feature within settings is grayed out. I still cannot add a title card with words or captions to any photo. I've run a recent update, so the version is...
  6. Can't add some photos to favourites

Can't add some photos to favourites: I've been trying to organise my photos and have been marking them as favourites in the photos app in windows 10 using the heart icon. But for some photos, it comes up with the error "Something went wrong. This file can't be added to favourites". Perhaps a coincidence, but all...
  7. Unable to add Gif files in Photos app while creating videos.

Unable to add Gif files in Photos app while creating videos.: Hi I can't add gifs in my videos in photos is this possible? All the best ***Modified Title from: Photos editing tool*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-add-gif-files-in-photos-app-while/f24ab830-b33f-4678-8852-f18a412cde38
  8. Unable to add Gif files in Photos app while creating videos.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add Gif files in Photos app while creating videos.: Hi I can't add gifs in my videos in photos is this possible? All the best ***Modified Title from: Photos editing tool*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-add-gif-files-in-photos-app-while/f24ab830-b33f-4678-8852-f18a412cde38"
  9. Can't add music at all with the Photos video editor.

Can't add music at all with the Photos video editor.: Hi. I like making music videos for YouTube where I put music over a still image. I used to use Windows Movie Maker for this, but since I have a new laptop, and since Movie Maker has been discontinued, I tried to use the video editor within the Photos app. However, whenever I...
  10. Can't add personal photo as Background.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't add personal photo as Background.: When I try to use Picture option to select an image of my own for a Background nothing happens when I click on the Browse button. The Browse button works if I select Slideshow, but not for Picture. Suggestions? 35976

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows video editor wont add photos

2. windows photos cant add video for editing

3. we couldnt add the following files to the project because theyre not photos or videos

4. these files have properties that cant be read so we couldnt add them,
  5. these files have properties that cant be read photos windows 10