Windows 10: Photos copied from my phone to my Laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes

Discus and support Photos copied from my phone to my Laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am really, really freaked out. I cut-pasted photos and videos from my phone (Samsung phone running Android) to my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. Now the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AsthaBindra, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Photos copied from my phone to my Laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes

I am really, really freaked out.

I cut-pasted photos and videos from my phone (Samsung phone running Android) to my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. Now the files are all 16 GB - 17 GB in size (the folder is 39 TB in size, though the size on disk is correct). I don't know what happened. They are not opening (File cannot be opened because it is corrupted). Please help me, I don't have backup and its over 2200 photos and videos. Other photos and videos are opening.

(My laptop cannot have 39 TB of photos in it, its impossible. So the actual size has to be the correct one somehow, the one on disk).

Things I have tried:

1. Restarting my system.

2. Updating all drivers and restarting the system.

3. Copying file and opening in another laptop, didn't work. Also compressing the file and then extracting in another laptop.

4. Trying to fix a corrupt .mp4 file with VLC media player.

Please help me find these files again, I'll try literally everything you guys think will work.

:)

AsthaBindra, Dec 12, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Dec 12, 2019
  3. BarryG323 Win User
    Photo's JPG size reduction

Many thanks DaveM121

WOW! I just learned something new and important for editing my photos.

You provided me with excellent quick steps to re-size the photo.

To play it safe, I made a copy of the original photo and performed your editing steps on the copied photo. I assume that by keeping the original photo . . . the higher MBs photo, I will be able to have large prints made in high resolution.

To e-mail photos for viewing only, the re-sized photo is the best way.

Regarding your first possible suggestion of an E-mail app that provides an option to automatically reduce the JPG size, my e-mail app/program is Microsoft Outlook 2016. If it's okay with you, I'd appreciate your step-by-step procedure to re-size photos.

Thanks again,

Barry G

BarryG323, Dec 12, 2019
  4. temp02 Win User

Photos copied from my phone to my Laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Photos copied from my phone to my Laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes

1. Photos copied from my phone to my Laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes - Similar Threads - Photos copied phone

2. my windows files got corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows files got corrupted: so today i was at my PC normally then all of a sudden i got a BSOD then when the pc Restarted i got this errorso i pressed F1 the and went and looked for the factory reset option but it's not there disappared . when i try to system restore points it tell me i cant it tell me...
  3. my windows files got corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows files got corrupted: so today i was at my PC normally then all of a sudden i got a BSOD then when the pc Restarted i got this errorso i pressed F1 the and went and looked for the factory reset option but it's not there disappared . when i try to system restore points it tell me i cant it tell me...
  4. my windows files got corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My entire phone memory got corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My entire phone memory got corrupted.: I connected my phone to lenovo laptop and i deleted one file. I don't know how but my entire phone data got deleted. When i connect my device to laptop it is showing the files and when i am trying to open it it is showing that file got corrupted with error code 0x80004005. My...
  6. My entire phone memory got corrupted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My entire phone memory got corrupted.: I connected my phone to lenovo laptop and i deleted one file. I don't know how but my entire phone data got deleted. When i connect my device to laptop it is showing the files and when i am trying to open it it is showing that file got corrupted with error code 0x80004005. My...
  7. My entire phone memory got corrupted.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. photos from my phone

in Windows 10 Support
    photos from my phone: is there a way to get my phone photos to show last one taken the first one to show? when i just go to the folders and click my phone it opens with the last photo at the top, but when i am sending an email and i go to upload a photo the photos show up in reverse order, so i...
  9. Folders copied from my phone to my Laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes

Folders copied from my phone to my Laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes: I cut pasted some folderscontaining pdf, photos, videos from my android phone to my laptop. But all of them got corrupted and their size increased enormously .I transfered around 16 gb data and it shows "size on disk" around 16gb but "size" is shown to be 6.52 TB. When I...
  10. Photos & videos transferred from old iPhone to laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes

Photos & videos transferred from old iPhone to laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes: Hello, I transferred pictures and videos over from an old iPhone 6 Plus dragged them from the DCIM folder to a new folder on my desktop. Normally I would do it using CopyTrans, by my trial ran out. After the I thought successful transfer, I factory reset the iPhone, only to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows compress iphone photos corrupted