Windows 10: Photos CPU usage - incredibly high.

Discus and support Photos CPU usage - incredibly high. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For past couple months I'm trying to figure out why this application is consuming so much of my CPU time. I'm monitoring only two small folders. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by _JackD_, Sep 7, 2018.

1. _JackD_ Win User

Photos CPU usage - incredibly high.

For past couple months I'm trying to figure out why this application is consuming so much of my CPU time. I'm monitoring only two small folders. I excluded everything-all my libraries are not in the location monitored by Photos. There was new version as of yesterday ( I think ) and there is no option to uninstall it. Most of my image files are associated with other programs. Am I doing something wrong?

This is for 3 days only. I use Skype video for about 1 hour a day...

Photos CPU usage - incredibly high. 960d9b14-9cc6-40c6-a532-4a40bacccee3?upload=true.jpg

:)

_JackD_, Sep 7, 2018
  2. JanMcCoy_827 Win User

high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Jefferson Ore Win User
    Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Very high CPU usage and WPR trace

Hi Barbara,

There are a few reasons why your computer shows a high CPU usage. It could be because of malware or malfunctioning software. To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Any recent changes made prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Photos CPU usage - incredibly high. - Similar Threads - Photos CPU usage

2. High CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage: Please do something of the high CPU usage. The Notification Listener, Anti malware service, and some other processes sometimes takes a lot of CPU usage, Disk Usage and Ram. I am currently on Windows 10 1803. And experiencing this problem from version 1709. I was hoping that...
  3. CPU HIGH USAGE

CPU HIGH USAGE: HII CPU is showing 100% utilization when I open the task manager It shows that the task manager is taking 100% utilization https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cpu-high-usage/83190c7b-54f1-4cfb-9f04-08e3562b003b
  4. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: Hi I submitted a question about system interrupts process using over 20% of my CPU also probably related to some bluescreen errors (happened two times thus far). I was told to check my drivers and so I did using driver verifier command. When I restarted the pc it showed a...
  5. CPU Usage HIGH

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Usage HIGH: Hello guys good day, any idea about my problem with windows 10 pro 64bit. i notice this high cpu usage after changing my usb keyboard to ps2. . when i was using usb keyboard , i never encounter this problem but my keyboard wont funtion anymore. so i change it to a PS2...
  6. high cpu usage

high cpu usage: Since upgrading from windows 7 to 10 my pc has been slowed down to a crawl by periods of very high cpu usage. A major culprit, but not the only one, is local security authority process. This makes the laptop overheat , reduces battery life and slows work to a crawl. I have...
  7. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: Hi All, Running Windows 10 Pro x64 Just noticed a lot of lag on my online game when I was logging into it. I closed it and noticed my computer was slow responding. I opened Task Manager to see CPU was 90% I looked to see what was causing this and did notice the Service...
  8. Photos Background Task Host - High CPU usage!

Photos Background Task Host - High CPU usage!: Hello! I'm new here so I will make this short. I installed Windows 10 (10130 build) and I love it. The only problem that I'm having with it is this Photo Background app that eats my cpu(30-40%)! When I start up windows I need to kill it in task manager everytime. But even...
  9. CPU usage by unistack to high

CPU usage by unistack to high: Hi i got some problems with my CPU usage and i can't find an solution i have windows 10 home i did some research already but i can't find the correct solution i know it is because of unistack but further i can't find the solution that works for me i also know that the...
  10. High CPU Usage

High CPU Usage: Hi. I have a problem with my laptop since yesterday. Something invisible is using very high cpu usage. I said invisible because it didn't show in task manager and process explorer. It all comes when I was browsing some pictures in Google and downloading YouTube videos...