Windows 10: Photos default program needs to be changed

Discus and support Photos default program needs to be changed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I messed up big time while installing 10 or shortly after I logged in. Somewhere I unchecked Photos, Mail, Camera and something else. Photos are set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pcRat10, Jul 30, 2015.

1. pcRat10 Win User

Photos default program needs to be changed

I messed up big time while installing 10 or shortly after I logged in.
    Somewhere I unchecked Photos, Mail, Camera and something else.
    Photos are set to open with TWINUI in properties but has a popout saying 'Element can't be found.' but can be opened in Paint.

Everything works normal on my wife's account because I didn't uncheck anything.
    Maybe Cortana has something to do with it??

:)

pcRat10, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Viewing photos & graphics jpeg, png, gif

Hi Barbara,

When changing the default view of the photos, it gets retained as your default program on your computer. To set your photo viewer on your default program, follow these steps:

• Type Default Programs in the Ask me anything search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click Photo Viewer, then select Photos.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance regarding your concern.

Erika Aro, Jul 30, 2015
  3. default .jpg app cannot be changed

Mal function app fotos

majarogabineski, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Rocky Win User

Did you go into the default program settings and check there?

Rocky, Jul 30, 2015
  5. pcRat10 Win User
    TWINUI is the only thing that responds. Windows Photo Viewer is nonresponsive.
    I downloaded 123HD from the store but ... maybe sfc /scannow will fix it

pcRat10, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Rocky Win User
    Did you go into the default programs and set your photo default program?

Rocky, Jul 31, 2015
  7. pcRat10 Win User
    Yes but it was only a futile attempt because of the TWINUI program.

pcRat10, Jul 31, 2015
  8. Rocky Win User

Of course the one example that you posted above is a PNG file, what happens when you try to open a JPEG file? And also, if you choose a JPEG file and right click on it and scroll down to "OPEN WITH" what options do you get? In the default programs list did you even see the PHOTOS option? Did you click on it and select it?

Rocky, Jul 31, 2015
  9. pcRat10 Win User
    It works normal now. I don't why or when. I struggled one last time before restarting and going to bed.
    All I actually accomplished was signing out and restarting several times a day.
    So, Thank You Rocky for your assistance. Especially about the Default program settings.

pcRat10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Photos default program needs to be changed - Similar Threads - Photos default program

2. Changing Photo default apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Photo default apps: It seems now, with possible update, I can no longer open my photographs using my installed photoshop program. It defaults to Microsoft Photo app instead when clicking on an image in Windows Explorer folders. Use to be you got a choice when choosing OPEN WITH, but although I...
  3. Cannot change default program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change default program: Hi All, I'll start this thread apparently for the umpteenth time, but none of the forum posts (and not just this forum's) I've read provided with a fix to this one. My Windows version number is 10.0.17763. I have a few Adobe CC 2020 programs installed (yes, with a genuine,...
  4. change default email program ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change default email program ?: how to change default email program from outlook to win 10 app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-email-program/b146b8b3-2491-48c1-bcc0-499ac61cfc82"
  5. Change default program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default program: I just got a new computer. I always use Paint Shop Pro for my pictures. But I can't get Windows to open all pictures in it. I always have to go more steps. And even if I say to use Paint Shop as program - for sure next time I open a picture I get Windows photo app. Any idea...
  6. Can't Change Default Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Change Default Programs: Hello anyone reading this I am having a problem with Windows 10 Here is a video about it: https://youtu.be/G_BIcAyhXCc And if you can't watch the video my problem is I can't go into file manager in the default programs selector, I also can change what a program opens...
  7. Unable to change default program

Unable to change default program: I'm unable to change my wmv file player or the program that I use to open zip files. I'm wanting to change them to media player classic and 7zip, but nothing happens upon switching their default program. For wmv files, I use choose another app, check to always use media...
  8. Change default program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change default program: Hi I have both OneNote2010 and OneNote2016 installed (because you must the whole 2016-office suite) but I just use the 2010 version After the last Windows update default program for (.one) has changed back to 2016 And I cant find the 2010 version to add How can you...
  9. Change default photo import program

Change default photo import program: Whenever I plug a photo card in to my PC, the new Photo Viewer program is launched (which doesn't find the card but that doesn't matter as I don't want to use that program anyway). How can I change the default import program to one of my choice (Lightroom). I can of course...
  10. Default Program won't change?

Default Program won't change?: I am trying to set my default programs in windows 10 but it is having none of it. It just sticks on the grey square with "Choose a default". If I reset it goes back to edge, I then try and click Chrome and it is still edge. If I refresh the page it is back to the "Choose a...