Windows 10: Photos deleted from gallery, deleted on Onedrive

Discus and support Photos deleted from gallery, deleted on Onedrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm using: OneDrive, Microsoft 10, Office 365, Android Phone Samsung S8I have my photo gallery on my phone synced to my Onedrive. After syncing my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lrs1436, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Lrs1436 Win User

Photos deleted from gallery, deleted on Onedrive

I'm using: OneDrive, Microsoft 10, Office 365, Android Phone Samsung S8I have my photo gallery on my phone synced to my Onedrive. After syncing my albums I toggled one OFF so that I could delete it from my phone but keep the photos on my Onedrive. When I deleted the album from my phone, OneDrive sent a message saying they were now removed from OneDrive as well.How do I remove photos from my phone without losing them in the cloud? If the album sync was toggled off on my phone, how would OneDrive even k ow they were deleted on the phone?Thanks

:)

Lrs1436, Nov 28, 2021

2. Deleting photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app or other app?

If you are referring to Photo app, follow the below steps and check.

[*]1. In the Photos app, go to the folder with the files you want to delete.
    [*]2. Do one of the following:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos and videos, swipe down on or right-click the files you want to delete. You can also tap or click
      Select all.
    • If you open a photo or video, swipe up from the bottom or right-click to see the app commands.

3. Tap or click
    Delete.

You can also delete photos using the Camera app, the OneDrive app, or File Explorer.

The above steps are the only way to delete the photos.

If you are referring to a different app or form different location, help us with more information.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 28, 2021
  3. delete dublicate photos in photo gallery

how do I delete duplicate photos in photo gallery

Sherry1947, Nov 28, 2021
  4. teabelly Win User

Deleting photos from Gallery?

Don't delete images from the file manager... the file manager and gallery tend to get out of sync on other phones as i have deleted images from the gallery on the N86 only to find it won't save new photos to the gallery (but they appear in the file manager)
    until the phone is reset. I'd assume a hard reset (take off battery) would lead it to refresh the gallery.

teabelly, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Photos deleted from gallery, deleted on Onedrive - Similar Threads - Photos deleted gallery

2. Can I delete my Photo Gallery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete my Photo Gallery?: Sorry to be so ignorant here. I have now made albums for all my 1100 photos in Photo Gallery. Can I then delete out the entire Photo Gallery? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-my-photo-gallery/bed7156c-c315-4970-8cd4-11becf250980
  3. Can I delete my Photo Gallery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete my Photo Gallery?: Sorry to be so ignorant here. I have now made albums for all my 1100 photos in Photo Gallery. Can I then delete out the entire Photo Gallery? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-my-photo-gallery/bed7156c-c315-4970-8cd4-11becf250980
  4. Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app

Photos not deleted from when deleted in photos app: I was used to using Microsoft Photo and Video to sort all pictures made with different cell phones in the household. Now, I moved to Windows 11 and I have to use Microsoft Photos. Not an issue. However, if I navigate through pictures that are on another computer and I delete...
  5. Photos deleted from gallery, deleted on Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos deleted from gallery, deleted on Onedrive: I'm using: OneDrive, Microsoft 10, Office 365, Android Phone Samsung S8I have my photo gallery on my phone synced to my Onedrive. After syncing my albums I toggled one OFF so that I could delete it from my phone but keep the photos on my Onedrive. When I deleted the album...
  6. Photos deleted from gallery, deleted on Onedrive

Photos deleted from gallery, deleted on Onedrive: I'm using: OneDrive, Microsoft 10, Office 365, Android Phone Samsung S8I have my photo gallery on my phone synced to my Onedrive. After syncing my albums I toggled one OFF so that I could delete it from my phone but keep the photos on my Onedrive. When I deleted the album...
  7. If I delete photos on my PC will be they also be deleted from OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If I delete photos on my PC will be they also be deleted from OneDrive?: If I delete photos on my computer, will they also be deleted on OneDrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-delete-photos-on-my-pc-will-be-they-also-be/5ed7f8f9-15d6-4e91-b763-1c51e80a18cf"
  8. delete dublicate photos in photo gallery

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete dublicate photos in photo gallery: how do I delete duplicate photos in photo gallery https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-dublicate-photos-in-photo-gallery/04b2e6db-dff5-483c-bfaa-07808d5be0ac
  9. Deleting photos from onedrive deletes them from pictures!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting photos from onedrive deletes them from pictures!!!: Ok I've got a new computer and it says my onedrive is nearly full but when I delete a folder from onedrive it deletes them from my pictures too??? Help please. 130723
  10. Transferring Photos from Photo Gallery into OneDrive

Transferring Photos from Photo Gallery into OneDrive: How do I move copies of photos from Photo Gallery up to a One Drive Album? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-photos-from-photo-gallery-into/991d06fc-9768-4780-b2ae-35f38932fb47