Windows 10: Photos disappeared from Start menu, along with other smaller apps.

Discus and support Photos disappeared from Start menu, along with other smaller apps. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A couple of weeks ago, i was able to transfer photos from my old cellular to the pc. - great. I wanted to repeat again the feat, but no longer there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RicardoKlein, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Photos disappeared from Start menu, along with other smaller apps.

A couple of weeks ago, i was able to transfer photos from my old cellular to the pc. - great.

I wanted to repeat again the feat, but no longer there was a 'Photos" program, application or extension whatsoever.

I have tried resets, re installing w10 w updates which by the way failed to install too - but Photos app, was there, i have been using it. and now is like a ghost: invisible. Not there.

\usually i do not load that many apps, and the small amount of apps i had in addition to photos, is also gone. so are my tiles.

so, if i want to do open a new download similar app it tells me 'you need a new app to open this program'

But if i do any new app, goes through the same process. It is like a vicious circle, or a loop.

Can't tell what it is happening, i need someone helping out,

This is one pc is new for me, bought used - after my original a similar computer to this Surface 3 was depleted from any and all sounds after a Windows 10 update.

With an average of losing apps every time an update is attempted to be installed, it potentially becomes a very expensive proposition, besides, the taxing amount of down time away from any actual production work.

I have been a loyal windows/msn guy. Since 3.1 - however, every day there is an update, ipads, look better every time.

:)

RicardoKlein, Sep 13, 2020

2. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Start menu disappeared

I tried all the suggested steps without any improvement. What's next?

RonUmhoefer, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Photos disappeared from Start menu, along with other smaller apps.

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Photos disappeared from Start menu, along with other smaller apps.

1. Photos disappeared from Start menu, along with other smaller apps. - Similar Threads - Photos disappeared Start

2. Start menu cortana search not working along with others

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu cortana search not working along with others: hp laptop with windows 10. start menu wont open, search wont work, settings wont open, system properties wont open, display settings wont open. tried to restart windows explorer, didn't change. tried sfc scannnow, nothing changed. Cortana does not appear in task manager....
  3. Start menu cortana search not working along with others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu cortana search not working along with others: hp laptop with windows 10. start menu wont open, search wont work, settings wont open, system properties wont open, display settings wont open. tried to restart windows explorer, didn't change. tried sfc scannnow, nothing changed. Cortana does not appear in task manager....
  4. Start menu cortana search not working along with others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Icons of Metro apps disappeared from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons of Metro apps disappeared from Start Menu: [ATTACH] I just recovered my Windows and this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-of-metro-apps-disappeared-from-start-menu/bf0baa33-41c0-46bc-a5f4-b201b2faadad
  6. Windows preinstalled apps don't disappear from the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows preinstalled apps don't disappear from the start menu: I debloat my windows 10 everything what i need is work fine, but today the uninstalled apps is came back to the start bar. [ATTACH] I still cant open the apps but it it irritates that they are there. Can i somehow delete or hide the icons?...
  7. Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu

Most used apps disappeared from Start Menu: Today I noticed that "most used apps" no longer appeared in my Start Menu. I toggled the three bars in the upper right corner, but they did not appear. Then I checked Settings-Personalization-Start to make sure that "most used apps" were still enabled. They are. My Win 10 is...
  8. start menu and other apps not working

start menu and other apps not working: whenever I click on my start button a blue message pops up saying 'Critical Error' and it asks me to sign out. I also can't use the search bar, Spotify or even go into my settings. Is there something wrong with my PC or is it just some sort of a bug? I would appreciate it if...
  9. Start menu sometimes won't open along with other frustrating issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu sometimes won't open along with other frustrating issues.: Hello, so for a few weeks now I've been experiencing issues with the start menu, notification button and being able to right click on programs in the taskbar. The issue randomly occurs and it prevents me from literally being able to open/use any of these. I've tried many...
  10. Disappearing Settings Menu from Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing Settings Menu from Start: This morning, I noticed that the "File Explorer" and "Settings" menu items have disappeared from the Start menu. I manually typed in "Settings" and pinned it to the Start menu, but it showed up as a tile, which was not my intent. I removed the tile, and both "Settings" and...